Login

russian armor

Halftrack (OH) armor & flamer utility

25 Oct 2015, 12:09 PM

Hi,

I just saw some game replay on propagandacast channel where shocks stand infront of 251 HT and they was able to cut like 40% (by smgs) of halftrack HP before forced to retreat.

Now I playd a match against US and i got stupid idea to cap part of map, place sniper infront of MG and chase flanking rifles with Flame-HT. This lead to multiple ATnades multiple repairs and over was 2 nades and M20 car which shred HT to pieces.

Why 251 HT have same armor like 222 which can be penetrated by small arms (even 250 HT have higher armor and it is same as 251 HT just short version)?

Flame 251 need to get closer than quad M-5 why it have 9 front 4,5 rear armor compare to 28 front 20 rear?

Yes you can say 251 is from T2 and M-5 T3 and M-5 cost is higher by 70MP .

Give no sense to use 251 when this vehicle can get 2 AT nades and get finished by small arms (222 at least can shoot from distance and escape if pathfinding deamon is in good mood).

My suggestion is increase armor of 251HT to 11 front and 5,5 rear (level of OKW Flak-HT, 250HT and M-20 utiliti car).

PS.: Replace 222 with puma COH1/online style.

PPS.: I will be glad for your opinion

PPPS.: L2P message is not opinion
25 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM

It arrives much faster then M5, is located in T2 and not in T3 and provides fastest on-field reinforcement(arrival on field, no, ambulance doesn't count).

Its MG isn't particularly strong and shocks are resistent to small arms, if you had flamers they'd melt in seconds.
25 Oct 2015, 12:22 PM

Increase armor won't help your HT against 2 AT nades and small arm still capable of finishing your HT because critical condition (below % of hp) is met.

And just because one case that happens rarely, does not mean a unit is weak and need buff.

As for me, I think the HT is fine and allow OST to get early reinforcement point. But I still hate the ideal of removing reinforce when upgrade with flamer or quad (120 ammo to remove transport AND reinforce is stupid).
25 Oct 2015, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 12:20 PMKatitof
It arrives much faster then M5, is located in T2 and not in T3 and provides fastest on-field reinforcement(arrival on field, no, ambulance doesn't count).

Its MG isn't particularly strong and shocks are resistent to small arms, if you had flamers they'd melt in seconds.

arrives x faster/later justifies a weaker/stronger unit while costing the same
ambulance doesn't count for you maybe.

Hi,

I just saw some game replay on propagandacast channel where shocks stand infront of 251 HT and they was able to cut like 40% (by smgs) of halftrack HP before forced to retreat.

Now I playd a match against US and i got stupid idea to cap part of map, place sniper infront of MG and chase flanking rifles with Flame-HT. This lead to multiple ATnades multiple repairs and over was 2 nades and M20 car which shred HT to pieces.

Why 251 HT have same armor like 222 which can be penetrated by small arms (even 250 HT have higher armor and it is same as 251 HT just short version)?

Flame 251 need to get closer than quad M-5 why it have 9 front 4,5 rear armor compare to 28 front 20 rear?

Yes you can say 251 is from T2 and M-5 T3 and M-5 cost is higher by 70MP .

Give no sense to use 251 when this vehicle can get 2 AT nades and get finished by small arms (222 at least can shoot from distance and escape if pathfinding deamon is in good mood).

You are right about Wehrmacht Half-track sucking hard compared to the Soviet Half-track.

Just don't use it. If relic wants you to use it, they will buff it like they did with soviet M5.
25 Oct 2015, 13:47 PM

arrives x faster/later justifies a weak/strong unit

Yes. That is why obers are not T0 infantry for example.

ambulance doesn't count for you maybe.

But please, feel free and provide me a rep where you use ambulance as actual forward reinforcement in early game.
25 Oct 2015, 14:32 PM

I remember seeing ambulance used as an early reinforcement point to great effect. It's very vulnerable though.

As for the 251, its flames can protect it from infantry and it is not a combat unit without them. A buff to 320 HP or the suggested armor increase would be enough, I think.
25 Oct 2015, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 13:47 PMKatitof

Yes. That is why obers are not T0 infantry for example.

But please, feel free and provide me a rep where you use ambulance as actual forward reinforcement in early game.

As long as you keep the ambulance out of combat, it would do just fine for renforcment.
25 Oct 2015, 16:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As long as you keep the ambulance out of combat, it would do just fine for renforcment.

The micro for setting it up and keeping it out of combat is pretty much impossible in 1v1 unless most of your units are there instead of reinforcing soft-retreating squads while your forces are largely fighting like HTs can do, I find. If the lines in front of it give, amberlamps is in a lot of trouble. So basically, it only feels like a blob retreating to it and thus defending it (requiring a Major) has any real chance of reinforcing by the front.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment