Login

russian armor

The Valentine and the Sexton

23 Oct 2015, 12:38 PM

I tend to avoid the Artillery commander because it is easily the weakest of the British commanders.
The Valentine would be fine if it came out earlier and wasn't so costly (both in terms of fuel and pop cap). I don't mind that it is a somewhat weak tank because the scouting ability is great. But at the point at which it appears it is too weak.

The Sexton is useless. Lumbering, ineffectual and with a huge cooldown. It doesn't even have a mounted MG to fend off infantry (like the Priest in CoH).

The idea of using the two in combination is great in concept but the huge investment (not to mention that between them they take up over a quarter of your available population!) just isn't worth it.

If it was up to me, I would change the Commander options as follows:

2CP - Early Warning (as it is currently)

4CP - Concentration Barrage (as it is currently)

6CP - Observation Detachment "Valentine" (300 MP, 60 Fuel, 8 Pop)

9CP - Sexton (375 MP, 70 Fuel, 14 pop - reduce cooldown and give vickers HMG upgrade option.)

10CP - Perimeter Overwatch - (as it is currently)
nee
23 Oct 2015, 13:13 PM

They are both insignificant additions o UKF, and worse, are designed to work together to really work at all. If they gave the Valentine a regular Coordinate Barrage, and the Sexton it's own Airburst barrage so it's not tied to Anvil specialization, then that might be something else.
23 Oct 2015, 13:27 PM

I would rather have the Valentine tank be more like T-70 (strictly anti infantry).
23 Oct 2015, 13:38 PM

The whole artillery of the British forces is completely terribad. Improve the 25 pounders AOE by being 80% of a 105 not 50%. For that also make the Sexton fire a few more rounds or have a quicker recharge time. I would also decrease the fired rounds of the artillers spotters for the IS. Make it only 6 rounds(3 by both howies).
23 Oct 2015, 14:47 PM
Donator 11

Reducing the valentines cp by one or reducing its price by 10 may help with its utility. The Sexton is just...down right bad, its damage almost feels like 0.
23 Oct 2015, 15:04 PM

Relic has to decrease the CP for the Valentine and increase the range and damage of the Sexton in order to make them useful. Or they could possibly allow the Valentine to call in artillery from the base with cheaper munitions, but with supercharged rounds when the unit reaches Vet 1 to get the ability. As for the final ability, if needs to be worked on.
23 Oct 2015, 16:46 PM

The Sexton has microscopic AoE... It seriously needs something to make up for its crappiness when firing at grouped objects.

Valentine used to have 160 damage, but that was halved, and with its current price and timing, it comes too late. Being slightly cheaper and/or having a smaller veterancy requirement would be nice, as well as having a slightly earlier cp timing. The main purpose for it atm is to use its scouting ability when it is capable of doing other things...
24 Oct 2015, 00:19 AM
Patrion 28

give the valentine 120 damage to make the gun a threat.
24 Oct 2015, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 14:47 PMMittens
Reducing the valentines cp by one or reducing its price by 10 may help with its utility. The Sexton is just...down right bad, its damage almost feels like 0.

The sexton actually isn't terrible.

A full barrage can take out a medium tank no problem. (If it sits still of course.)

Me and a friend did some labbing and we found that it's actually really good at medium ranges because the time to begin firing is quick. It's not really intuitive given its fragility but you're actually better off using it as a "direct" fire weapon rather than behind a hedge or whatever since it's liable to hit stuff and the accuracy goes to shit.

The problem is more how late it comes out and the long cooldown between barrages that are the problem. If you could barrage every ~30-45 seconds instead of every couple minutes it'd be a strong unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★