Login

russian armor

Am I doing this wrong ?

20 Oct 2015, 00:16 AM

Hi all,

I'm not going to post a replay, since this problem stretches over many games. I just can't seem to find a good BO, or rhythm for playing the Brits. I play only in large team games, so some of the problem is my teammates sometimes, but I find that either the Axis have somehow gotten more powerful, or I suck at Brits. What kills me right now is the infamous ISG, which completely negates my use of the Vickers. I would normally put one in a building somewhere, or have it follow my infantry, but the ISG precludes any static defense at all. Naturally, this means I build no emplacements, ruling out almost half of the Brit methodology. After all, if it's not the ISG, it'll be the incendiary grenades. I know these will be nerfed somehow....

Anyway, my normal BO would be Vickers, IS, IS, tech, engineer, 6 pndr, then sniper, or tech to tanks. However, as I've said, I've given up on the Vickers, instead focussing on a more fluid, aggressive approach to playing Brits. Only problem is, the faction isn't structured that way. I usually skip the 5th man, in favor of fielding more squads in the early game, and I've grown to prefer teching grenades before brens/PIATs, due to MG/ mortar spam. Also, I feel as if the Brens/PIATs kinda suck. People rave about the Brens, but I've never seen them do much except with a vetted squad. And PIATs, well....yeah. Not ging to complain about 6 pndrs though, they're good, so I try to build a bunch, but as AT guns are relatively static, this leaves them vulnerable to .... yes ! You guessed it- the ISG, or arty, or grenades.

Anyway, any suggestions are welcome. I'm reading a lot of "OP this, OP that " posts about the Brits, but I'm just not seeing it....at this point, in team games, I'm thinking that the Brit role is mostly support until late game armor/ vetted infantry, with Soviet/ USF taking the lead in early game. Which sucks since I'd like to play Brits in a "tip of the spear" role.
20 Oct 2015, 00:25 AM

try, IS Vickers, IS, tech, Sniper, RE, AT
20 Oct 2015, 00:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 00:25 AMCorsin
try, IS Vickers, IS, tech, Sniper, RE, AT

I'll give it a try...I guess I feel like Brits are so..ponderous. Like it takes forever to get going. I know theyre kind of meant to be a faction that growsd in power in the late game, like Axis, but I still feel as if Axis gets there first.
20 Oct 2015, 13:52 PM

Well, I don't think that BO changed very much for me....are the Brits just in a bad spot right now ? I switched to playing Ost last night after losing every single game as Brits, and won easily. I know that Ost is geenrally more forgiving, but other players online were saying that Brits are easy to play against right now. Thoughts ?
22 Nov 2015, 22:22 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

If you play Brits multiplayer what you have to do is stay to the urban side of maps otherwise you just get over run because Brits are bad without buildings and cover. Use commandos to decrew/capture ISGs. Use defensive tactics to force the enemy's hand. Use engineers to destroy cover. Aggression can usually be punished by axis players due to the lack of offensive British capabilities.
22 Nov 2015, 22:41 PM

If you aren't going to post a replay, no one can help you.

It probably isn't your build order, its most likely micro mistakes/positioning mistakes you are making.
23 Nov 2015, 09:05 AM

If you want to go inf heavy, get vickers 1st, then buy 5 man squads before any IS.

This means, when you do build IS, your getting the 5th man free, rather than spending extra MP reinforcing each squad.

I also agree nades are essential, in fact I rarely get weapon upgrades, preferring to spend my muni elsewhere.

In team games, brits can get ruined super early by many things, sometimes its really worth getting an early bren and sticking an IS in to gain some early aggression.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★