Login

russian armor

Soviet tier 1

19 Oct 2015, 19:58 PM

Actually i found that units in russian tier 1 severly underperforms.

M3 - only unit that is in tier 1 fine , if we buff it we will see cpt.molos scout cars and that isn´t my goal i want to reach.

Penals- these troops cost almost like USA rifles but they dont have utility of concripts nor firepower of riflemen.
I think buffing theri DPS values somewhere between conscripts and rifles will be fine , with best DPS at mid range.

Also they need to unbug satchel charge becuase now its characterized like small explosive and it can´t destroy not even damage houses

Sniper squad.
I think these guys are OK in terms of survivability and ROF (yes ostheer one is better but its one men , more suspectible to sniper countersnipe)
I just want to improve their abilities and playability.

Right now they only cloak when their in cover and when you move them out of cover (its enaught to move em out of cover , they simpli decloak ) and decload after you move them out of cover , while other snipers and even 5 men commados are able to move form cover to cover in short distances until they gett decoaked. Right now soviet sniper will show himself even if you try to move him from one chair to another in arnhem checkpoint.

Also move flare to vet 0 and give them vet 1 ability that alloves them to build medium cover hedgerow (like in champaign) - it will be still weaker than ostheer niper incediary shot.

To sum up: buff penals mid range (so their better than cons but not much better) , unbug satchel , give sniper squad bigger cover to cover decloak time (no after fire that one is fine) , give him light cover in vet 1 and move flare to vet 0 and leave m3 as it is.
19 Oct 2015, 20:08 PM

Relic gave up on sov T1, any competitive player did and so should you.

Flamer changes all but overnerfed penals(because they needed a nerf #justrelicthings) and killed M3 based strats and now cons outscale them, penals are left far behind other infantry of its tier and cost.

Sov sniper is out of meta since axis indirect fire hardcounters it and removal of sprint without anything to compensate for its performance didn't help either. Guard play is static play and that is hardcountered by ost sniper and OKWs ISG, not to mention volks flame nades.

T1 and supporting units fell out of the game for now. Stick to T2 and shocks.
19 Oct 2015, 20:18 PM

I feel like the only unit holding Soviets together this patch is the KV8.

All core T1 and T4 units are currently underperforming in some way.
19 Oct 2015, 20:45 PM
Donator 11

I agree with Hector, proposed buffs make sense and promote more interesting gameplay, including more variety of strats. +100 Would implement.
19 Oct 2015, 21:02 PM

Reasonable changes +1
20 Oct 2015, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 20:08 PMKatitof
Relic gave up on sov T1, any competitive player did and so should you.

Flamer changes all but overnerfed penals(because they needed a nerf #justrelicthings) and killed M3 based strats and now cons outscale them, penals are left far behind other infantry of its tier and cost.

Sov sniper is out of meta since axis indirect fire hardcounters it and removal of sprint without anything to compensate for its performance didn't help either. Guard play is static play and that is hardcountered by ost sniper and OKWs ISG, not to mention volks flame nades.

T1 and supporting units fell out of the game for now. Stick to T2 and shocks.

Please conscrutive and on topic, looking in past does not help us.

I feel like the only unit holding Soviets together this patch is the KV8.

All core T1 and T4 units are currently underperforming in some way.

Russians have lot of fine units except kv8.

For example:
Engineers and their utility
Conscripts with ppsh
m3
guards
shocks
maxim
at gun
t70
suchka
m5
katty
t34/85
is2
isu152

These units are strong and viaable , i dont think they underperform , only problem is kv8 overperforming not the other way.
20 Oct 2015, 14:09 PM

Yep, current sov T1 is dead.

Only use of it is M3 to counter snipers, and the occasional sniper strat i guess.

20 Oct 2015, 14:36 PM

Actually penals are sort of okay right now with the same DPS on the move (double fire rate half accuracy) and the flamer being godly against buildings, but the unit itself is really weird and probably needs rework.

Snipers is not very bad, it's just that they are outshined by ost and brit snipers with actual cloak, better survivability and better utility. I'd just buff the cloak or give them sprint, that's all they need.

M3 is fine.
20 Oct 2015, 15:26 PM

I don't really think it needs a ton of changes. Sniper is fine imo and does what it needs to do. Rememeber when y'all were saying "Waah German sniper is useless because 2 man soviet sniper always beats him it doesn't matter if cloak isn't as good?" Dullahan remembers. Penals with flamers are a really strong unit due to their squad count size and this really shouldn't be underestimated. (The SVT is still pretty solid too)

The biggest problem with Penals right now is satchel charge is a dud.

I wouldn't mind if Penals got Oorah or something though.
20 Oct 2015, 15:33 PM

[...]
These units are strong and viaable , i dont think they underperform , only problem is kv8 overperforming not the other way.

I specifically mentioned T1 and T4 units are underperforming.

Most notably:
-Penals: Because they're an mp sink in the long term.
-Snipers: Because they immediately decloak out of cover.
-T34: Gets aplha-shot too easily, pop-cap still a bit too high.
-SU-85: Has been underperforming for so long people have gotten used to it. It has great vet though.
-Katy: The rocket explosive aoe is a tad too small. Even when shooting at close range, so the rockets land in a tight cluster, the result is often lacking.

And yes the KV8 is overperforming but at least it's being addressed.
20 Oct 2015, 15:36 PM

I don't really think it needs a ton of changes. Sniper is fine imo and does what it needs to do. Rememeber when y'all were saying "Waah German sniper is useless because 2 man soviet sniper always beats him it doesn't matter if cloak isn't as good?" Dullahan remembers. Penals with flamers are a really strong unit due to their squad count size and this really shouldn't be underestimated. (The SVT is still pretty solid too)

The biggest problem with Penals right now is satchel charge is a dud.

I wouldn't mind if Penals got Oorah or something though.

Dont get me wrong but all what to do is fixing sniper cover to cover cloak so it can go 2 meters from one cover to second before it decloaks and say hi here i am to axi player.

Also i want to buff penals slightly to have slightly better DPS in exchange for no at utility and bigger cost.
20 Oct 2015, 15:37 PM

I specifically mentioned T1 and T4 units are underperforming.

Most notably:
-Penals: Because they're an mp sink in the long term.
-Snipers: Because they immediately decloak out of cover.
-T34: Gets aplha-shot too easily, pop-cap still a bit too high.
-SU-85: Has been underperforming for so long people have gotten used to it. It has great vet though.
-Katy: The rocket explosive aoe is a tad too small. Even when shooting at close range, so the rockets land in a tight cluster, the result is often lacking.

And yes the KV8 is overperforming but at least it's being addressed.

Su-76 is overperforming, SU-85 is fine, good range, spot for himself, god vet
20 Oct 2015, 15:39 PM

Yea Soviet T-1 is not viable at the moment. Something needs to be done with the Penal squad, the performance and the price is not justified at all. Penals are ONLY good for satchel drops and retreats.

Soviet Sniper is meh compared to the Brit and Wher, come one, his best ability is a freaking FLARE???
20 Oct 2015, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 14:36 PMMuxsus
Actually penals are sort of okay right now with the same DPS on the move (double fire rate half accuracy)

Double fire rate means they have to reload twice as frequently so it is much worse DPS in practice.

If it was the way you think it is sturms would have more DPS one the move than while staying still :P
20 Oct 2015, 16:11 PM

For example:
m3
guards
shocks
at gun
m5
katty
isu152
These units are strong and viaable

You serious?
20 Oct 2015, 16:23 PM

Double fire rate means they have to reload twice as frequently so it is much worse DPS in practice.

If it was the way you think it is sturms would have more DPS one the move than while staying still :P

Well yeah, but they are viable if you go for something like sniper first into penal spam. They also have okay-ish vet (better than grens, but that's not much). They are still much worse than ppsh cons though.
20 Oct 2015, 16:56 PM

Penals are should be like expendable troops that can do the suicide attacks (not wipes!). Give them low reinforcement cost OR make them grant back manpower upon death.
20 Oct 2015, 17:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Penals are should be like expendable troops that can do the suicide attacks (not wipes!). Give them low reinforcement cost OR make them grant back manpower upon death.

Their reinforce is pretty low to begin with. Where's talking about 22.5 which I think is rounded rounded down to 22.

Personally I believe Penals should be better troops. SVT needs to be stronger at range especially now that Penals are less durable than vetted cons to gear them further into dedicated AI and probably give them good moving accuracy so they can more effectively fight on the move.

Sniper could maybe use a health buff from 48-64 per model so there's more of an advantage outside the expensive to reinforce two man squad and worse cloak.

M3 is fine.
20 Oct 2015, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 16:11 PMTAKTCOM

You serious?

YES
20 Oct 2015, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 16:23 PMMuxsus

Well yeah, but they are viable if you go for something like sniper first into penal spam. They also have okay-ish vet (better than grens, but that's not much). They are still much worse than ppsh cons though.

Sniper into penal spal spam is hardcountered by doueble 222 so i dont think its viaable
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★