How good are assault engineers?
Option Distribution Votes
59%
39%
2%
Total votes: 64
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Oct 2015, 21:48 PM

Assault engineers are not as good as rifles. They cost the same but Assault engineers are signifigantly less versitle. Rifles in rifle company are being produced in massive amounts as anti garrison units b/c flamers are too good or OP, these guys have the same weapon upgrade and yet are rarely seen.

I think assault engineers should be improved by reducing cost and performance but perhaps adding a man to the squad so that they can take on garrisons without incurring as much bleed and provide an alternative to rifles at a lower cost, not the same.

I'm not saying they should be mainline infantry but it should be a real choice to get these guys over flamer rifles as anti garrison units. They do the same(and almost every other) job worse at the same cost which is simply put poorly balanced.

I wouldn't say this is exactly what should be done but i think they need some kind of help, Thoughts?
17 Oct 2015, 21:55 PM

Just add fifth man with vet 2/3 and they will be fine.

On maps like Trois-Pont, they are my first choice (tho I wouldnt make more than 1 squad) and usually I can achievie efficiency around 800% with them.

In other word, very good on close maps but very squishy and esy to lose so give them fifth man with vet 2/3/
17 Oct 2015, 21:58 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I think they need a reinforce reduction and as Magic has stated above, a fifth man with vet. Maybe they changed the values at some point, but off the top of my head they should be currently around 35mp to reinforce(280/4 = 70/2 = 35) and they're generally worse than Sturmpioneers. I think around 28-32 would be more ideal.

17 Oct 2015, 23:35 PM

They cost 32 to reinforce, the same as sturmpioneers
18 Oct 2015, 00:27 AM

reduce received accuracy
18 Oct 2015, 01:24 AM

base on its price and how good it in CQC and have demo. they are fine. no need anymore buffs
18 Oct 2015, 03:09 AM

They are a very strong unit that I get every game in a 1v1. They have a very high wipe potential if you get close and catch an enemy out. On top of that they have massive utility in the form of demo traps and mines. Adding an extra man would make them better than a rifleman squad especially if you give em double bars and we'd see blobs of assault engies instead of a mixed force.

The best way to employ them is 1 for every 3 riflemen and use them to flank. In that employment they are borderline OP.
18 Oct 2015, 03:20 AM

They die too fast, even in cqc
18 Oct 2015, 04:52 AM

so is Strumpio, which is 320, both good CQC and dies very fast. they are engineers not shocks, and AE have demos and better mines than SP.
18 Oct 2015, 04:53 AM

so is Strumpio, which is 320, both good CQC and dies very fast. they are engineers not shocks.

Sturmpios don't die as fast because they kill what's killing them faster
18 Oct 2015, 04:54 AM

Sturmpios don't die as fast because they kill what's killing them faster

1 is 320 mp 1 is 280, 320 lives little longer i wont surprise on that, also AE have better mines and demo. also Strumpios are against units 5+ models most time, while AE are against units most time is 4 models. the HP pool they need to take down is less than SP
18 Oct 2015, 05:00 AM

1 is 320 mp 1 is 280, 320 lives little longer i wont surprise on that, also AE have better mines and demo. also Strumpios are against units 5+ models most time, while AE are against units most time is 4 models. the HP pool they need to take down is less than SP

I don't mind sturms are better, I just mind that Ass engies die in combat before they do something significant. Engies or not, they could use a change, like make them non doctrinal so usf gets a flamer :foreveralone:
18 Oct 2015, 05:04 AM

like stormtroopers from star wars?
18 Oct 2015, 05:09 AM

I don't mind sturms are better, I just mind that Ass engies die in combat before they do something significant. Engies or not, they could use a change, like make them non doctrinal so usf gets a flamer :foreveralone:

they die fast is because they charge frontal assult which is not what AE's role in battle, like Assult gren. or Strum they charge frontal any riflemen sq can take them down. they are used to hide around corner and come out when enemy unit is very close. i also find hide behind a house when your other infantry is around usually in engagement they will tend to run into house to get better covers and shoot position then throw your AE, AG or SP in the house when they are close to the house they die like flies, also flanking enemy is what they really use for. only time they charge out front should be enemy sq are suppressed.
18 Oct 2015, 05:21 AM
Patrion 14

change demo to timed demo (normal demo is dumb anyway) and 5th man at vet 2.
18 Oct 2015, 05:26 AM

The best way to employ them is 1 for every 3 riflemen

So.. one?:unsure:

18 Oct 2015, 05:29 AM

If you buff them assault grenadiers will also need a buff as they cost the same.
18 Oct 2015, 05:30 AM

They are good at the opening of the game, but are scale like shit. They don't have enough durability to perform their CQC role as the game progresses towards the mid game.
Defenetly needs an extra man at vet2 so they don't die like flies and can still be useful.
18 Oct 2015, 05:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you buff them assault grenadiers will also need a buff as they cost the same.

AEs are definitely the less-bad of the two by far what with being able to repair and lay down demo charges, though.
18 Oct 2015, 08:26 AM

I'd go with lower received accuracy. Nothing drastic, mind you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★