Login

russian armor

Squad wipes due to land mines

14 Oct 2015, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 13:16 PMKatitof

During OCF is was proven that you don't need 10 shrecks on field ASAP to win a game, you really can spend muni on something else, puppchen and JP4 are effective AT. Muni penalty for OKW means you'll have 4 mines instead of other factions 5. Such penalty, much limitation.

Stats for it are still the same.

It's not a huge limitation, but it surely could leave a spot open which I can't mine earlier than any other faction. Which could be a huge disadvantage.
14 Oct 2015, 15:03 PM

try to smoke and flank the mine
14 Oct 2015, 15:05 PM

I like it, working as intended.
14 Oct 2015, 15:06 PM

try to smoke and flank the mine

LOL
14 Oct 2015, 15:26 PM
Donator 11

I could not agree more, land mines wiping squads should be toned down, add suppression

exactly. they could do that in 5 mins but they didnt do it in 2 years.
14 Oct 2015, 15:31 PM

Permanently Banned
Fix something, better break it again a few months later #balance
14 Oct 2015, 15:35 PM

I want to add something with the UKF mines, they seem to destroy engines at 30% chances,it's just my impression after playing brits.

And for the mines, relic need to improve the pathing and spacing of squads, i'd love to see squad countering mines if they got spotted by mineweeper
14 Oct 2015, 15:38 PM

so like coh 1 again then many of the changes are returning to coh1 mechanics which is a good thing
14 Oct 2015, 15:56 PM

so like coh 1 again then many of the changes are returning to coh1 mechanics which is a good thing

Very rarely a Full hp squad got wiped by a Single Mine in vcoh.if it had 20% hp missing it were quite common but it had Counter play with heal.
14 Oct 2015, 16:03 PM

If you want CoH1 go play CoH1.
14 Oct 2015, 16:07 PM

Sorry wasnt meant to be a coh1 Fan Post, just wanted to correct the Statement in the quote.
Will stop quoting posts with coh1 content ofc
14 Oct 2015, 16:09 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This is a stupid reply, if CoH1 did something right why are you discarding it? just because its CoH1?
14 Oct 2015, 16:15 PM

It's not entirely L2P. Explosions were made larger in an attempt to stop instances of vehicles clearly detonating mines but not sustaining damage... You know, fixing things.

It s not due to that.. They have been made larger to adopt mines to the change about squad spacing
14 Oct 2015, 16:17 PM
Patrion 14

Definitely one of the top 5 things (insta wipes in general) that is wrong with coh2 competitively. Low-moderate damage w/ massive suppression is better. Hitting a mine should cost you field presence, not a unit.

its bs to lose a full health squad to a mine AND it is also bs that a smartly planted mine on the flank sometimes just happen to kill only one model of a blob thus not halting the blob. while some other times it kills 8-9 models out of three squads.

more consistency please
14 Oct 2015, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 16:09 PMDevM

This is a stupid reply, if CoH1 did something right why are you discarding it? just because its CoH1?

You'll notice his comment isn't talking solely about this issue, but rather about how more mechanics should be like Coh1. For example, CoH2's original vp bleed for example made for a much better game, but it was changed solely because people wanted it to be like CoH1 so they could play their 45-60 minute 4v4 matches. The forums were chock full of "Waah it's not vCoH" sentiment ever since release. The game has been slowed down tremendously since it came out to cater to this mentality.

Moreover, I don't agree in this specific case. If you plant mines a lot, you also have a pretty good idea of where your opponent is going to be planting his mines. Should have 1-2 sweepers roaming around the map if you know your opponent is putting them down. If you're losing high vet squads to mines, you fucked up. You can also not take the most obvious and direct path everywhere.

I've only ever seen pgrens/sturmpios consistently get completely wiped by them due to their formation being a bit too tight. Everyone else survives with atleast one member left.

14 Oct 2015, 16:33 PM

I've only ever seen pgrens/sturmpios consistently get completely wiped by them due to their formation being a bit too tight. Everyone else survives with atleast one member left.

And normal grens especially. Hurts alot to lose 2 vet3 grens in a blink of an eye lategame. Sweeper is a Solution but my Micro isnt good enough lategame to handle them across the map.so maybe l2p issue
14 Oct 2015, 17:34 PM

And normal grens especially. Hurts alot to lose 2 vet3 grens in a blink of an eye lategame. Sweeper is a Solution but my Micro isnt good enough lategame to handle them across the map.so maybe l2p issue

Nah nobody should be punished for losing a important infantry unit because your sweeper wasn't there, unless you were running around with a low health squad. The fact of the matter is that nobody is going to be running around with 3-5 sweepers at the same time so that every squad has their own mine detector, the alternative is run all your squads in a blob behind sweeper so you can 100% avoid that happening, and that is terrible for gameplay. Dullahan hasn't played coh games long enough or at high enough level to give strong "l2p" opinions the way he does, so take it with a grain of salt.
14 Oct 2015, 19:23 PM

Nah nobody should be punished for losing a important infantry unit because your sweeper wasn't there

Shall we also nerf teller mines then, since they can one shot a lot of light vehicles/tanks? Or hell, there's no reason someone couldn't stack 2-3 regular mines on top of each other. So in order to prevent that, mines should do a trivial amount of damage. But they'll suppress things! Things that are often on the other side of the map. Suppression won't even stop them from capping now.

Or hell, regular mines will one shot scout cars or bren carriers. Oh man I had a squad inside there too and they died with it. We should nerf that too because there's no way mines should actually kill things. They should just be there to tickle the enemy unexpectedly.

14 Oct 2015, 20:04 PM

Its perfectly fine. Mines should be strong and completely counterable. It doesnt wipe all the time(dont be dramatic) and if you use a mine detector if you are having problems with this, the chances go down to single digits of procents.
14 Oct 2015, 20:15 PM

Shall we also nerf teller mines then, since they can one shot a lot of light vehicles/tanks? Or hell, there's no reason someone couldn't stack 2-3 regular mines on top of each other. So in order to prevent that, mines should do a trivial amount of damage. But they'll suppress things! Things that are often on the other side of the map. Suppression won't even stop them from capping now.

Or hell, regular mines will one shot scout cars or bren carriers. Oh man I had a squad inside there too and they died with it. We should nerf that too because there's no way mines should actually kill things. They should just be there to tickle the enemy unexpectedly.

Theres two big differences between vehicles and infantry. One is you have less vehicles, clearing the path for them is 5x less tedious work than sweeping everywhere one of your infantry units goes. The second is that as the game progresses your vehicles become obsolete. Every now and then you may manage to keep your T70 or a Kubel alive but they aren't expected to live for the entire game, mines just speed up the process sometimes. Infantry are generally expected to live the entire game when well micro'd, and being able to compete late game depends on scaling with Vet. New tanks do their job fine without vet, they just get some bonuses. Jagdpanzer for example is fantastic with Vet but is still a good TD as fresh unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★