Login

russian armor

Ost Cas strafing a USA vet 2 AA halftrack normal ?

13 Oct 2015, 20:58 PM

Brits air superiority is rather op, but is Ost Cas strafing a USA vet 2 AA halftrack to death is normal ?

This Ost cmrd is broken and must be tuned. Or buff up the USA halftrack AA defenses so it can protect itself and units close to it. Is Vet 2 has a meaning ?

If this game want to be taken seriously some changes must be done ASAP.

In the same game (4vs4) 2 shooted down Axis planes crash killed a vet 2 Jackson and the other one killed an ambulance + Major+ bunch on units that where healing... Remove Crash kill plz for the sake of this game.

It don't add anything to the fun factor and killed many good games.
13 Oct 2015, 21:03 PM

Not everybody hates plane crashes :snfQuinn:
13 Oct 2015, 21:15 PM

:hansRNG::hansRNG::sibHyena::sibHyena: :snfBarton::snfBarton::snfQuinn::snfQuinn:
13 Oct 2015, 23:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Someone is salty. :romeoMug:
13 Oct 2015, 23:37 PM

Oh my word, you're STILL going on about CAS? How long's it been, since the summer of last year????
14 Oct 2015, 00:44 AM

A light vehicle was taken out by CAS AT strafe? The horrors!

14 Oct 2015, 05:41 AM

Permanently Banned
But it got nerfed already?
14 Oct 2015, 05:54 AM

Brits air superiority is rather op, but is Ost Cas strafing a USA vet 2 AA halftrack to death is normal ?

This Ost cmrd is broken and must be tuned. Or buff up the USA halftrack AA defenses so it can protect itself and units close to it. Is Vet 2 has a meaning ?

In the same game (4vs4) 2 shooted down Axis planes crash killed a vet 2 Jackson and the other one killed an ambulance + Major+ bunch on units that where healing... Remove Crash kill plz for the sake of this game.

It don't add anything to the fun factor and killed many good games.

I heard that one F22 attacked some SAM site in Siria and destroyed it. As a result, Siria protested against this action, requesting NATO to nerf the F22 because it's not normal that an airplane is able to destroy an AA emplacement/vehicle.
14 Oct 2015, 12:28 PM

While his anecdote might sound funny... i do tend to agree that cas (the ability, not the commander) is too strong atm. Its nothing like a vcoh henschel in that it always loiters no matter whethee there are vehicles or not and it also absolutwly wrecks infantry (and often prioritises them over tanks seemingly). On the other hand, like with everything else pretty much, it gets countered by the centaur, shooting down planes like birds.
14 Oct 2015, 12:45 PM

Permanently Banned
USF AA HT still better at shooting planes down than Ostwind ever has been :foreveralone:

But what do you expect, an anti tank strafe that can't kill a lousy HT? Doesn't really add up now does it?

Would be the same as expecting a squad would survive a satchel charge because they are meant to clear bunkers, bridges etc.

Also you are comparing a 325 munitions ability that can wipe full health OKW trucks to an ability that is purely anti tank and is decently dodge-able, it makes no sense in my eyes.

14 Oct 2015, 12:57 PM

USF AA HT still better at shooting planes down than Ostwind ever has been :foreveralone:

But what do you expect, an anti tank strafe that can't kill a lousy HT? Doesn't really add up now does it?

Would be the same as expecting a squad would survive a satchel charge because they are meant to clear bunkers, bridges etc.

Also you are comparing a 325 munitions ability that can wipe full health OKW trucks to an ability that is purely anti tank and is decently dodge-able, it makes no sense in my eyes.

I think he's talking about the CAS ability, not the ATS from CAS doctrine. CAS doctrine strafe is pretty shitty imho, but the CAS abilitiy (for example blitzkrieg doc) ispretty freaking strong and wrecks infantry.
14 Oct 2015, 13:01 PM
Patrion 14

If you target a AA vehicle with such a ability, there is a good chance, that the plane crashes down on it. So the vehicle is lost in either way. When you are brave enough to let your AA HT stand in the flares, its your fault, that it dies.

I think the CAS antitank strafe should be able to kill any tank that has less armor than a Sherman in one go.

Anyway. +1 against plane crashes in general. I think high damage from planes got reintroduced with the UKF update.

Edit:

I think he's talking about the CAS ability, not the ATS from CAS doctrine.

Oh, ok never mind then I guess. Its been a long time since I saw this ability being used.
14 Oct 2015, 13:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 12:57 PMcr4wler

I think he's talking about the CAS ability, not the ATS from CAS doctrine. CAS doctrine strafe is pretty shitty imho, but the CAS abilitiy (for example blitzkrieg doc) ispretty freaking strong and wrecks infantry.

Aah the CAS ability from the other doctrines, I do agree that it does pack a very big punch. But still, even that ability should be able to kill a USF AA HT, vet 2 or not.
14 Oct 2015, 14:03 PM

I've said it before, usually to minimal response, but I'll say it again in the hopes that some day it will strike a nerve.

What fucking sense does it make for the most air-power focused commander in the game to be virtually immune to anti-air units? If a player chooses a commander that has 4 abilities that call a plane onto the fucking map, shouldn't his opponent's natural tactical response be to build some type of anti-air weapon?

Wouldn't it make sense, if you're playing CAS, to prioritize anti-air threats to give your planes breathing room to attack the enemy?

CAS is in my mind, without question, the least fun commander to play against in the game simply because there is no direct counter to its abilities. You should't see an Anti-AIR halftrack on the field and be able to effectively counter it by calling in an AIRplane. It's just shitty design.

14 Oct 2015, 14:25 PM

thread backfired bailout ! bailout ! dude everyone knows ur post history

14 Oct 2015, 14:30 PM

vet 2 AA ability sucks on every AA unit Kappa
14 Oct 2015, 14:42 PM

thread backfired bailout ! bailout ! dude everyone knows ur post history

lol for fuck's sake calliope - you're one of the biggest Axis fanboys on this forum. I'm not saying that's a terrible thing in itself, but it doesn't make much sense for you to be hurling "Allied fanboy" spitballs when your post history is basically one big "Sieg Heil."
14 Oct 2015, 17:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

vet 2 AA ability sucks on every AA unit Kappa

Ostwind: 20% weapon cooldown, 41% better AA capabilities. No other unit gets better AA capabilities with vet.
14 Oct 2015, 19:41 PM

1-Question ? why have AA units in a game if it don't protect anything ? Why ?

2-OKW AA truck still can shoot supply planes : yes, then why others legit AA units can't do shit ? especially if they are vet 2 or more ?

3-OKW truck should also survive any type of plane's bombardment if it has fired on them. (Meaning it's not shooting at a ground unit when that happen)

My comments are not pro allies neither pro axis , i'm only for logic and minimal realism.

Plz, think about it before answering.

Thanks.
14 Oct 2015, 20:52 PM

In a world where light vehicles can't stand up to 20mm APT-I or AP-I rounds one man demands realism. This summer, Voltardark is... delusional.

In all honesty if an AA vehicle is inside the area of the attack it's going to die. This would happen in reality as well as in game. If the AA gun is not inside the area of attack then they will actually quite easily shoot down the plane on it's second pass or recon loiter. This is the same for all factions.

I don't know what world you're from man but a 20mm cannon will tear a stationary light vehicle apart quicker than they do in game. Especially if they're APHE rounds which the Germans tended to use for strafing runs.

TL;DR: If your AA vehicle is in the line of sight of an Aircraft it will die. This is realistic. IF it's outside the abilities radius it will shoot it down on the second pass or recon loiter. This is realistic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 15
United Kingdom 45
unknown 7
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W