Login

russian armor

OKW Flak Halftrack

12 Oct 2015, 18:43 PM

Ok, show me AA HT or Quad with 50+ kills.
You first, post the replay where you had 80 kills(WTF) with the flakHT
12 Oct 2015, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 00:26 AMBanillo
Imo its in a bad spot atm for couple reasons.

-its the most expensive one,
-has a long setup time,
-big exp need to vet up,
-cant kite or be used to flank

removing the setup time and lowering the price might help to brig this unit to use again.

countering it shold be no problem sice all the armies can have at guns out when it hits the field

u forgot about the engine dmg due to a SMALL FIRE ARM,
12 Oct 2015, 19:42 PM
Donator 11

Just give it a 40 hp buff and it will be fine.
12 Oct 2015, 19:46 PM

No, I would rather keep the set up time. This HT can suppress instantly, high dps and splash damage. Why fix something that is not broken?
12 Oct 2015, 20:14 PM

I guess it's hard for people to A move just in attack range.

This proves you know shit about this bug or the atht. if you use attack move the atht will charge into the nearest infantry squad and you cannot control it. Stop being a dumbass.
12 Oct 2015, 20:15 PM

No, I would rather keep the set up time. This HT can suppress instantly, high dps and splash damage. Why fix something that is not broken?

Same thing for the m5 quad and usf aa track they are all mobile however.
12 Oct 2015, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 20:14 PMZyllen

This proves you know shit about this bug or the atht. if you use attack move the atht will charge into the nearest infantry squad and you cannot control it. Stop being a dumbass.

I think elchino7 has demonstrated he is more than competent with this game. The comment is rude and his point still stands. You don't attack move into their base, you attack move slightly ahead and it rolls forward to deal with infantry while setting up. If his infantry are able to gobble up your Flak HT you already need to be on the defensive with it. Set up time will not change that.
12 Oct 2015, 21:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 20:14 PMZyllen

Let me teach you a couple of things:

1-Give move order to X point
2-Give attack move or attack ground order (this requires to be on weapon range)
3-Look, your Flak HT won't run towards the enemy. OMG what a dumbass i am!

Note: that a unit is only useable due to a bug is stupid.

The unit is not bad as much that todays meta doesn't require it. I do still think a small hp buff wouldn't hurt.
12 Oct 2015, 22:13 PM

Lets just remove setup time so we dont have to use bugs + allow to shoot only when stationary.
12 Oct 2015, 22:14 PM

I think elchino7 has demonstrated he is more than competent with this game. The comment is rude and his point still stands. You don't attack move into their base, you attack move slightly ahead and it rolls forward to deal with infantry while setting up. If his infantry are able to gobble up your Flak HT you already need to be on the defensive with it. Set up time will not change that.

No his point doest stand. he is abusing a bug . furthermore if you dont position your atht perfectly you risk that the damn thing fires on something that blocks its shot. The advice is worthless and coming from someone that doesn't use this unit at all or he would have known. past accomplishments not withstanding but eclhino is simply talking shit.
12 Oct 2015, 22:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Give OKW non doctrinal Ostwind instead of the Flak HT. Sounds good!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
12 Oct 2015, 23:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 22:14 PMZyllen
No his point doest stand. he is abusing a bug. furthermore if you dont position your atht perfectly you risk that the damn thing fires on something that blocks its shot.

Not as much as before since the latest changes. It relies more on accuracy now than scatter shots/AoE. Which seems it had consequences on it's DPS

Luchs, FlakHT and FlakHQ changed into accuracy based attacks like centaur with less aoe than before.

"FlakHT's aoe size should be increased again, the accuracy change left the unit with extremely weak damage output compared to before except against buildings (due to damage_all_in_hold)"

he is abusing a bug.
I guess it's a bug which at this point everyone uses cause the way it works is part of the normal usage of the unit (same way a sandbag get ghosted if you have to move before finishing it).

No his point doest stand.

1- I say use attack move cause it makes the unit not crap.
2- You tell me it will get AT nade due to going straight forward.
3- I correct you on how the unit behaves.

If this is too hard to understand, i'm saying that the unit needs it's bug fixed (deployment on the move), adjust it's DPS after changes and a small HP buff. I'm just giving people tips on how to use the unit.
Hat
12 Oct 2015, 23:43 PM

Give OKW non doctrinal Ostwind instead of the Flak HT. Sounds good!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Christ. You guys really want OKW dominating the early-mid game.

LiG, Shrek blobs and Ostwinds all together.
12 Oct 2015, 23:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Costs more, does less. *Looks at m15 and m5 AA halftracks with no setup times and can fire/suppress on move.
13 Oct 2015, 00:17 AM

Stuff

Lets just say i dont approve of using bugs ever. And since we both agree that this units need to be buffed lets leave this behind us.
13 Oct 2015, 00:33 AM

Considering the OKW Flak hts defensive/stationary nature compared to the very mobile m15 and m5 AAs it is missing some defense. Either Buffet ist HP or lower the cost (e.g. 45 fu)

The even more important matter to me is its gun performance:
Not only has it been ninja nerfed for no good reason, it's unreliable behavoir when it prefers to cut down coh2s map environment instad of shooting the enemy is pretty frustrating to say the least.

This Flak ht is the best example why a stationary unit that is made to fight infantry should NOT fire at them only by scatter.

The british bofors seems to do This better by relying on the accuracy calc when shooting infantry.
Result: a reliable performance of the gun not hinderd by shot blockers.

Doing so for the Flak ht would help alot!

And defensive or not: 4sec setup time is way to much. The only reason why this works is because of absuing the Setup intialize on the move with attack move and target ground. This should be fixed and Setup reduced to 2.5 - 3sec

Regards
ace
13 Oct 2015, 02:56 AM

Honestly it's a shitty unit because it's hardcountered by Guards, con rushes, AT guns, Stuart, M15, Quad, even smart riflemen play.

Nerf lethality greatly, buff price to 35 fuel. Reduce set up time by 1 second.
13 Oct 2015, 07:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 23:43 PMHat

But they dont dominate early-mid game? Leig will get nerfed, shreckvolks got nerfed (80% muni income, vet5 nerf, poor AI capability) and u played like 2 games as OKW?

Flak Halftruck is annoying unit to use, it relays only on slidebug. I cant even count how many times I lost it because it setup and was shooting that small little shot blocker instead of incoming conscript...
13 Oct 2015, 09:30 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 23:43 PMHat

I wasn't serious :foreveralone:
13 Oct 2015, 09:58 AM

OKW is currently the weakest faction in almost all the stages. Please when do people see that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS