Login

russian armor

Oct Balance Preview Patch Notes Gathered WIP

PAGES (8)down
15 Oct 2015, 16:22 PM

I'm gonna guarantee nobody is going to build these things. Just imo. With every post I LOL at the fact that lelic won't just change them back to pre super ninja buff state where nobody had issues with them, and in fact even thought pak howitzer was UP. But that would require admitting failure, so we get this shitty nerf.

Maybe we should make mortars and mortar pits have the same artificial micro too? I mean its only fair. Why should one artillery unit be gimped but not the other? Sure it doesn't have suppression, but its also 1/3rd cheaper and comes one tier earlier.

You cant compare to mortar because leig has way more acuracy and you cant compare to mgs because leig has way more range.

But i agree with you on indirect fire as a whole, imo should require more micro.
15 Oct 2015, 16:25 PM

Projectile lowest angel increased from 10 to 40

15 Oct 2015, 16:40 PM
Donator 11

I'm gonna guarantee nobody is going to build these things. Just imo. With every post I LOL at the fact that lelic won't just change them back to pre super ninja buff state where nobody had issues with them, and in fact even thought pak howitzer was UP. But that would require admitting failure, so we get this shitty nerf.

Maybe we should make mortars and mortar pits have the same artificial micro too? I mean its only fair. Why should one artillery unit be gimped but not the other? Sure it doesn't have suppression, but its also 1/3rd cheaper and comes one tier earlier.

Nobody had issues with them pre brits? They were awful. With the pack you could barrage a MG and it could just stand there and without a care in the world. What's the point of spending near 400 manpower on an artillery piece if it can't reliably break a defensive line?

The pack and ISG are basically ZIS guns that have barrage as their default fire, so they should be microed like one.
15 Oct 2015, 16:49 PM

Permanently Banned

Nobody had issues with them pre brits? They were awful. With the pack you could barrage a MG and it could just stand there and without a care in the world. What's the point of spending near 400 manpower on an artillery piece if it can't reliably break a defensive line?

The pack and ISG are basically ZIS guns that have barrage as their default fire, so they should be microed like one.

All I can say it good luck, I fail to see how just reverting them to pre super buff state with a hold facing mode isn't better. You think this newly super nerfed state is better than what they were in september? Cuz its not, this is worse than they were back when they costed 400+
15 Oct 2015, 17:36 PM
Donator 11

Definitely still better than before the AOE changes. The main thing that was nerfed and can't be compensated for is reload. The damage radius and suppression is a lot less important now that they tend to hit dead on (although probably too much with the firing angle nerf).

Admittedly I already constantly tend to, micro, and reposition packs/isgs so I don't exactly know how big a deal auto facing is to the average player.
15 Oct 2015, 18:05 PM

Thank you relic for coming on and posting on the forums. I can only speak for myself but the more you come on and engage the Fanbase and provide balance/patching support the more likely I am to purchase new DLC. Compare this to Rome total war two which was so terrible for so long that I did not buy any expansions or DLC and have dropped that franchise from my future purchases list. And I had bought every title and every expansion From the very first Shogun. Keep up the good work and please keep engaging the community on new content, balancing and tournament play.

Well said! I also want to appreciate the input from Relic personnel - keep it up!
15 Oct 2015, 21:18 PM

No auto face is like let mortars only fire in a 45 degree angle.

Exactly my first thought.
16 Oct 2015, 02:38 AM

why did they increased armor on churchill again..?? it now deflects shot now i have to invest too much in at like barton vs romeo.?? if you want 240 armor decrease the health or 200 armor or 1400 health(which i like).
16 Oct 2015, 04:27 AM

why did they increased armor on churchill again..?? it now deflects shot now i have to invest too much in at like barton vs romeo.?? if you want 240 armor decrease the health or 200 armor or 1400 health(which i like).

because it takes more than just hp to make a good meatshield? 1400 basically allow the churchill to take one more penetrating round than the King tiger.
16 Oct 2015, 04:48 AM

Ummm because it's still a heavy tank and it should bounce shots.

Consider this.

JP4 = 230 Armor
OKW PZ4 = 234
KV-8 = 240
Brummbar = 260
KV-1 = 300 Armor

Do you think PZ4s and KV-8s bounce too much? Nobody even says KV-1s are OP. (Albeit that's more due to its gun than anything) Considering how slow the Churchill is it needs to deflect something or else its useless and nobody will build it. 240 is a better compromise when you consider the Churchill's higher MP and teching costs and PAK 40s and StuGs will pen 240 armor more than often enough to counter Churchills but 200 is low enough that PZ4s and Shreks would be too effective.
16 Oct 2015, 05:34 AM

you people giving examples of kt and what not...?? do know that churchills are cheap...?? right..??
16 Oct 2015, 13:11 PM

Well said! I also want to appreciate the input from Relic personnel - keep it up!

Wish more people would, we want to encourage and need to encourage them when they do things right. I don't want to sugarcoat the many problems and failures that had but if all we do is criticize, we will likely end up losing an RTS that we love despite it's flaws and I do not want that because I have nowhere else to go.
16 Oct 2015, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 19:06 PMbC_

We'll have to see how hard it actually is to use and evaluate it further. Facing the direction you want to shoot which is familiar functionality if you look at all units with UI arc anyways.

please add projectiles for 17pdr firefly & Comet, right now it's impossible to attack german panzer w/ smoke using attack ground...... this is annoying and ruins competitive play
16 Oct 2015, 13:54 PM

because it takes more than just hp to make a good meatshield? 1400 basically allow the churchill to take one more penetrating round than the King tiger.

Im fine with armor buff but you cant say it ONLY tanks 1 more round than a kt. Thats something awesome for a 150 fuel unit.
16 Oct 2015, 14:14 PM

You cant compare to mortar because leig has way more acuracy and you cant compare to mgs because leig has way more range.

But i agree with you on indirect fire as a whole, imo should require more micro.

That's the point, they should be like mortars but more effective, better AoE and more range, and be able to auto face. They should just revert ninja changes and nerf it's accuracy.

Other option is to remove or nerf auto barrage, but greatly increase barrage ability of both units.
16 Oct 2015, 14:38 PM

Maybe remove mortar autofire and remove the cool down from the barrage even if you stop the barrage.
16 Oct 2015, 15:20 PM

Maybe remove mortar autofire and remove the cool down from the barrage even if you stop the barrage.

Mortars don't have cone of fire like MGs, ATGs and howis.

Mortars also aren't one of the most overpowered unit in game at the moment.

Why should one get nerfed while other not?

Because one is gardening overpowered beyond belief while other is fine.

Your zealous defense of this unit only proves how much you rely on single overpowered unit to win.
16 Oct 2015, 15:32 PM

you people giving examples of kt and what not...?? do know that churchills are cheap...?? right..??

Can a churchill reliably pen a KT, tiger, panther ?

No, so the changes are the right way to go
16 Oct 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 15:20 PMKatitof

Your zealous defense of this unit only proves how much you rely on single overpowered unit to win.

Lol I think it's a good thing that the i.s.g. and p.h. get nerfed. And I don't want to nerf mortars I just think it would be better if you need to micro them to work. If they get UP because of the change buff them .
16 Oct 2015, 17:56 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 15:20 PMKatitof

Gee katti, shouldn't nerfing every stat of pak howitzer and isg already be enough like they just did? I fail to see how putting artificial micro on a unit that was just nerfed into oblivion is necessary. Its literally worse than a mortar except for 2 aspects. Its got more range, and deals moderate suppression. Thats it. But if we want more useless overnerfed units just add these to the pile, lelic doesnt mind.

NOTE: I am talking about balance beta isg and pack howitzer, not current bat shit OP howitzer.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS