Login

russian armor

Team games gameplay in worst state since launch

PAGES (7)down
4 Oct 2015, 02:16 AM

Is there even gameplay remain for team games?

Infantry and support weapons play, aggressive play in general is killed by isgs/pack howies. Those stupid things suppress/squad wipe with perfect accuracy half way across map. Attacking is impossible in case of OKW thanks to flakHQ, which also impossible to kill with AT guns thanks to ability of isgs to kill those guns in 2 shots.

Harassment is killed by op lol squad wipe mines (yeah, shocking truth, sometimes sweepers needed in main army) and by quad and centaur, later followed by croc and kv8, which wipe squads on retreat like no tomorrow.

Speaking of those stupidly over buffed flame tanks, once enemy got them, axis infantry and support weapons cease to exist. It impossible to keep them alive against those beasts.

Any variations in commander choices is killed by op stuff and urgent need to counter it. I can list all viable and situationally viable commanders for each faction, but you all know which one commander use ami and which one commander use soviets to win serious games. OKW have literally one(!!!) viable build in even games.

So what remain of CoH gameplay? Every game is campfest, because it impossible to do any damage to isgs/pack howies, until map is very big like Vaux. Attacking and harassing is too risky, better to play greedy and just camp one side of the map and turtle from there while dumping all spare mp into caches and indirect fire, which requires so much skill to use. Then all comes down to gathering overwhelming tank force combined of churchills, kv8s, croc, e8s, is2 backed by tds for allies and surviving until elefant/jagdtiger arrival for axis.

So. Much. Fun.

Now you can say some of those things was there forever, but even if they were before, they never were so prevalent and never stacked together.

Relic, pls, do something about it. Game in disastrous state. Its not even a game anymore. Its a campfest and artyparty and same boring stuff every time again without exceptions.
4 Oct 2015, 02:23 AM
Donator 11

zZz, I agree. The gameplay is stale.
4 Oct 2015, 02:38 AM
Patrion 14

Here's an easy guide to win as USF if you only want to play with one hand:

1. Go captain, always.

2. Stuart or Pack Howies.

3. More Pack Howies.

4. Did I mention to get star pitcher bulletins (3 of em preferrably) in case you want more range for dem Pack Howies?

5. Now that your Pack Howies can win the game by themselves, just spend everything on fuel/muni caches.

6. Get dem Jacksons since Pack Howies instacounter every infantry unit on the game.

7. In case of failure; you didn't make enough Pack Howies. Or you got countered by pro play leig mass.
4 Oct 2015, 04:34 AM

I really couldn't agree more. There's no strategy to this game if you can't even move your men because they either get instagibbed by a round from the sky or they get pinned instead. I really don't know which is worse, because at least the frustration is over if they're completely dead.

These things are ruining the game. The ISG and pack howitzer didn't need changes, and if you think they did, I don't see how you can defend how they currently are. Why would you build a mortar if it's going to get outranged and annihilated by these things. You have an mg? You have around 10 seconds before half the squad or all of them are dead from a ludicrous distance.

Fix this shit. Instant death no thought weapons like the isg, pack howitzer and crazy flame vehicles you can never kill/the centaur auto kill cannon don't belong in a game about strategic tactics. You can't do tactics if you're dead instantly.
4 Oct 2015, 06:43 AM

Team games are absolutely horrible to play right now as allies, the isg and volk flame firestorm spam that KILLS EVERYTHING is unbearable. Nothing brits have can counter any of that, soviets and america has always been gimped compared to axis. The game is a blob/spam fest now and axis is and always has been better at it. I was excited for british late game but currently it's impossible to get there against semi-competent players. Even the casters and higher ranked players are avoiding okw because of how boring it is.
Please for the love of god fix this relic, game was so fun before you made these changes.
4 Oct 2015, 06:50 AM
Patrion 14

the top 1 AT teams meta strategy for 2v2 is 4-6 leigs with whatever volks to cover as AT into king tiger/jagd tiger depending on map. With an ostheer player providing an spotting scope scout car at vet 2 that can spot the entire map for the leigs.

I am not kidding, this meta is worse than any other meta I have encountered in all the patches of COH 2 I've been through. This shit is hotfix worthy. But I guess we will have to wait 5 months when the game goes limp again because the players don't want to participate in a campfest-attack-move-arty-blob match after match.
4 Oct 2015, 07:06 AM

I agree. Even in smaller 2s the game is just frustrating. Howi/ISG are total BS, one shot and they pin/wipe a squad. Kuble cheesus is still problematic, Commandos+Croc, along with Centa rush REKS everything.

On top of them all, stupid bug are back. I've lost 3 games so far only because my mines didn't do any damage, all of which triggered by a Centaur.

I've been playing axis after patch mostly (faster too find a game), but I know that Axis also have their won cheese (some of them mentioned by SpaceHamster.
4 Oct 2015, 07:37 AM

pls as soviet get 2x su 76 and dual barrage leig GG WP
4 Oct 2015, 08:02 AM

Team games?

I totally agree; however, I'll go a step further and contend that these are endemic issues plaguing all levels and each game mode. It really is sad to see the outmoding of each and every gameplay mechanic and tactical variation in favour of this hideous stew of auto-attacking filth.
4 Oct 2015, 11:25 AM

It feels like right now you need to outcheese your opponents to win, legit micro, flank & tactical play doesn't matter that much anymore.
4 Oct 2015, 14:36 PM

I exclusively play 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 and the game is fucking HORRIBLE right now. I basically forced myself to play as the Brits yesterday as I fucking bought them 2 weeks ago (probably got about 8 matches in) and that was enough. I WILL NEVER PLAY the Brits again until the LIEG is fixed, it is the most irritating and shitastic gameplay experience ever.

You absolute spot on about the game right now. You either get one of 2 things happening:

1) LIEG spam is so effective in the early game that the enemy team is pushed off the map.
2) The game manages to limp on to the end stage where Brits win due to hilarious call in synergy (typhoons, air supremecy, and artillery cover) and amazing heavy armor (Croco).

Either way its a fucking support gun winning the game or endless chain call ins that fuck everything with a crocodile eating you alive. That's the game north of 2 v 2. Oh and for #2 to happen you still have to wade through a blood pressure raising early and mid game against like 5-8 LIEG's on every goddamn map.
4 Oct 2015, 14:47 PM

It feels like right now you need to outcheese your opponents to win, legit micro, flank & tactical play doesn't matter that much anymore.

Truer words have never been said, ever.
4 Oct 2015, 15:16 PM

It's always been like that.
4 Oct 2015, 15:58 PM

So if the infantry support guns had to be nerfed how would you guys do it?
4 Oct 2015, 16:17 PM

So if the infantry support guns had to be nerfed how would you guys do it?

I think removing the suppression from both the LIEG and the Pack Howitzer and increasing their cost back to the old 400+ numbers would go a long way in cutting down on the problems. As I recall the suppression was added as an anti-blob mechanic, but all it does is pin single squads so that engagements are instantly lost when a support shell lands nearby. Increased costs would make it harder to build early and harder to double up on the way so many people have been doing.

I'm sure you could also tweak the reload and accuracy, but to what degree that has to be done I wouldn't know.
4 Oct 2015, 16:25 PM

I think removing the suppression from both the LIEG and the Pack Howitzer and increasing their cost back to the old 400+ numbers would go a long way in cutting down on the problems. As I recall the suppression was added as an anti-blob mechanic, but all it does is pin single squads so that engagements are instantly lost when a support shell lands nearby. Increased costs would make it harder to build early and harder to double up on the way so many people have been doing.

I'm sure you could also tweak the reload and accuracy, but do what degree that has to be done I wouldn't know.

It's the accuracy ninja buff. In order to suppress blobs, accuracy is least needed. Instead, now, it pins single squads with 1 shot at max. distance most of the times.
4 Oct 2015, 16:42 PM

4 Oct 2015, 17:01 PM

The accuracy of both the Leig and Pack Howitzer need to be reduced. It catches single squads on the move very regularly, killing and supressing/pinning them.
4 Oct 2015, 17:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's always been like that.

But you have different styles of cheese. I'll rather have people cheesing me with combat units rather than pure indirect fire.
4 Oct 2015, 17:15 PM
Patrion 14

I agree with OP. I've gone from being a three-game-a-day guy to playing bloody Diablo 3.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS