Login

russian armor

Fighting Medium Tank Spam?

3 Oct 2015, 01:32 AM
Donator 11

I realize OKW has enough AT options but how can I better utilize Raketenwerfers?

I just had an hour long game where I got stomped as OKW.

In the late game he just had 3 T34-76 and would just constantly poke with them. I got them with mines, but that only worked once and he was easily able to replace them. He got my JPIV by swarming it and it was kind of downhill from there.

He was able to continuously stall by having a maxim positioned so that I couldn't flank on the Kholodeny Ferma Northwest VP. (to get to it I would have had to go very close to his base sector.

And by the end, whenever he attacked with his tanks he would first poke with minesweepers, then drive the tanks in and katy at the same time which reliably cleared out my AT. I didn't really know what to do. Any time I severely damaged his tanks I would have to retreat as well because of model losses. This continued.
Does anyone have any tips on how to utilize MP based AT (not OKW specific) for full effect?

I wish I had saved the reply, but I was kind of frustrated and just went into the next game....
3 Oct 2015, 02:03 AM

I think this is the sort of situation where the spotlight halftrack shines. It gives you full awareness of everything he is doing, allowing you to position your cloaked raketenwerfers in places to shoot the more vulnerable rear armour. I would even bait him with the jagdpanzer and then open fire on all sides. I'd also place mines somewhere further back so you could back over it and if he follows you he'll run into it. (This can be risky if he's too close to you or it gets shot when you run over it, but it's also a guaranteed kill on him.)

3 Oct 2015, 02:30 AM
Donator 11

I think this is the sort of situation where the spotlight halftrack shines. It gives you full awareness of everything he is doing, allowing you to position your cloaked raketenwerfers in places to shoot the more vulnerable rear armour. I would even bait him with the jagdpanzer and then open fire on all sides. I'd also place mines somewhere further back so you could back over it and if he follows you he'll run into it. (This can be risky if he's too close to you or it gets shot when you run over it, but it's also a guaranteed kill on him.)

Doh the Uhu!

Stupid tunnel vision :facepalm: Thanks for the tips. :D
3 Oct 2015, 05:05 AM

I do have to say, a replay always helps because you may have made a mistake that you are not consciously aware of. Hell casting your own games can help.

As Dullahan said, scouting is very useful for predicting angles of attack and gaining a slight advantage. multiple AT vehicles is also useful, AT infantry like Volks backing up Raketten if also a very vital part of dissuading your opponent from charging forth into your lines. Also make sure to space out your AT guns.
3 Oct 2015, 08:17 AM

Agains medium swarms (nondoctrinal) i have best effect withjagpanzer covered by fusilliere (so snare is posible) an 2 rakethens (cloaked) also ou can cloak you jp4 to give him a bloody anbush.
Then just wait for kingtiger and hold 1-2 VP , because russian t 34 /76 without good zis wall or some su 85 can´t fight agains kingtiger backed by jp4.

And how you was able to lose jp4 ? you need to have 2 rakethens near it , actually you must have been able to kill at least 2 t34 until their killed jp4 so i think replay will be bext himk next time.

And also try to force of sweepers with you fssiliers , the enemy will have to wait unitl they come on batle agains or loose his t 34 to mines
3 Oct 2015, 10:09 AM

Its very much about positioning. Your main damage dealer will be the JP4 use the tunnel vision this creates in your opponents. He will want to bum rush it and circle strafe it. So position the rest of your AT force (maybe not all of it but a least a schreck squad and a raketen) in such a way as to literally cover your JP4s ass instead of the enemy approach. Of course try to spread them out if possible - have one on the left of the JP, the other one in the right for example, so as to prevent a single artillery barrage from collapsing your line. Mines on the back lines can help you deal your ambush. Once the medium armour starts rolling in, start reversing your JP, it will keep shooting and the opponent, with his tanks caught in a crossfire, will have nothing to do but quote admiral Akbar, and will leave you with plenty of wrecks to salvage so that you can expedite any further tanks you might want to go for.

If the enemy does not take the bait, you've still pretty much got your way, cause you can bide your time in the Mexican standoff as long as you need to get a overwhelming panzer force rolling. This might not work against Brits though, considering they're late game tanks are also pretty kewl and might offer a serious contest in a late game tank battle. A king tiger should probably do well against them as well I assume.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★