Login

russian armor

Matchmaking bullshit vs Jove

2 Oct 2015, 06:14 AM

Permanently Banned
I have played VonIvan, Paula, HelpingHans and Jove myself. Matchmaking can be drunk sometimes.
2 Oct 2015, 06:50 AM

Iron sharpens iron, only way to improve is play against those who are better than you. I like playing against top 50 opponents =)

you are top200 or so , u get matched vs top 10 even if ur rank 1500 or 2000. and there is such a big skill gap that both parties wont learn anything from eachother. if that would be the case, every matchmaker in every game would match noobs vs pros. im pretty sure thats why they invented ELO systems, to create fair matchups.
2 Oct 2015, 07:08 AM
Patrion 14

I learn a lot when I get matched up against an AT while I'm doing randoms. I mean, just look at all the things I learned in this game:

2 Oct 2015, 07:27 AM

Hi there,

Just found out the Jove I played in automatch was the actual rank 3 Brit player Jove. Now I wouldn't mind playing Jove if I wasn't rank 795 as Ostheer.

How did this even happen? I mean how is this fair?

This is what the coh2players thought when they had to play cohpros in OCF. Kappa
2 Oct 2015, 07:34 AM

This is what the coh2players thought when they had to play cohpros in OCF. Kappa

is it just me or is comparing matchmaking with a esportish tournament not the same? lol
2 Oct 2015, 07:53 AM

Do you best, I like when I see i'll play vs a really good opponent (usually I don't look vs who I am playing).
I do all I can to defeat him and use the match as a metric for my personal improvement.
2 Oct 2015, 07:55 AM

you shoulda seen the alpha if you want talk about playerbases contorting skill ranges.

what's that bit in jesulin's signature? winners focus on winning, losing focus on winners?

"why do the yankees win all the time?" "they got mantle?" "no, their opponents can't keep their eyes off the pinstripes"
2 Oct 2015, 08:17 AM

I also played against vonIvan, StephennJF, the other HighFive, etc...
If you see something like that just play and get better. You will probably lose but fight like you never fought before.

That's also the reason why I try to not read player names in the loadout lol.
2 Oct 2015, 08:34 AM
Patrion 14

Here's some more amazing matchmaking for randoms:

And yes, I won this game.
2 Oct 2015, 09:23 AM

Where's the problem?

Sore loser or what? :)
2 Oct 2015, 11:57 AM

The people making the argument that it's somehow a great honor or some wonderful learning experience are missing the point. It's fundamentally a failure of the matchmaking system to have such a significant imbalance between player skill levels.

Can anything be done about it? No. So it would indeed be wise to try and make the best of it. All I'm saying is A.Schwarzenschnitzel has a valid point.
2 Oct 2015, 12:00 PM

Played 2 days ago against Jesulin. Although he wasn't top fit if I can call it that way. I did lose in about 13 minutes, but it gave me an insight what I did wrong. That's the most important thing for me and it was for me a hornour to play against one of the best players of this game
2 Oct 2015, 12:01 PM

The people making the argument that it's somehow a great honor or some wonderful learning experience are missing the point. It's fundamentally a failure of the matchmaking system to have such a significant imbalance between player skill levels.

Can anything be done about it? No. So it would indeed be wise to try and make the best of it. All I'm saying is A.Schwarzenschnitzel has a valid point.

No matchmaking system will ever work if player base isn't large enough to supply it.
And while you're exaggerated first part a bit, its still a good idea to save the game and rewatch it, checking what your opponent did and how can you learn from that.
2 Oct 2015, 12:33 PM
Patrion 26

you are top200 or so , u get matched vs top 10 even if ur rank 1500 or 2000. and there is such a big skill gap that both parties wont learn anything from eachother. if that would be the case, every matchmaker in every game would match noobs vs pros. im pretty sure thats why they invented ELO systems, to create fair matchups.

I was in in the range of 1000+ few months ago with all factions. After taking 1 day of pure replay studying and watching streams and asking the pro players, I improved. You may think that the difference between you and the top 50 is huge, in reality its not that huge of a gap. Its the little things that you have to pay attention to also your mental state at that moment. If you are all stressed out or you just gave up on the loading screen because you are playing someone who is in top 10 you make more mistakes than you would of if you played against some unknown guy.

My ranks may not be top 100 but I constantly improve with every game I play and watch. Also don`t forget that those top 10-50 players spent shit ton more hours than you did in the game so for them most of the plays are muscle memory, while you have to actually think what to do.
2 Oct 2015, 12:49 PM

for me its ok to loose against better players cuz im not that good at all, but there is a point where its enough to get beaten by players which are just better and you can learn from them in a equal match or the games when you face the "pros" and get blown away. For sure you cant complain cuz playerbase and so on, but this >10min games are "lame" and frustrating for those who are rank +1000 fighting against rank <100. Its just needless.

To conclute it all: I can learn from equal persons which are better as much i can or more from <10min game against
2 Oct 2015, 13:06 PM

If you dont find a game in 2 minutes, re-search. ELO decreases the rank vs you depending on your time spent searching. :thumbsup:
2 Oct 2015, 13:20 PM

No matchmaking system will ever work if player base isn't large enough to supply it.
And while you're exaggerated first part a bit, its still a good idea to save the game and rewatch it, checking what your opponent did and how can you learn from that.

I'm not casting blame on the automatch system in this scenario. I just argue that it isn't unreasonable to be displeased with the situation he finds himself in. If this happened consistently enough he would be having a very unpleasant gaming experience.
2 Oct 2015, 14:59 PM
Donator 11

The core of the issue obviously lies on the limited player pool, an issue that is more pronounced in non-peak times. Elo-base matchmaking is always a balance exercise between queue times vs closer matches. Is it fair to play a top 10 player if you are ranked 1000+? Probably not but I'd argue it's less fair for that top player to wait 45 minutes in queue hoping one of 30 or so people on his Elo range happen to be searching at the same time. As someone mentioned, you always have the option to re-queue to reset the timer and try to get matched with closer opponents.

If you want more evidence just look at the winning rates at the top of the ladder, those 75-95% win rate numbers are absurd (not to mention the win streaks.) In similar systems in other games the players at the very top usually have ~55-70% win rates.
2 Oct 2015, 15:04 PM

If you dont find a game in 2 minutes, re-search. ELO decreases the rank vs you depending on your time spent searching. :thumbsup:

Will do nothing if that another player waits 5+ mins already :sibPheasant:
2 Oct 2015, 15:12 PM

Will do nothing if that another player waits 5+ mins already :sibPheasant:

Katitof...what would you english teacher say to this?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 82
Poland 7
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak