Login

russian armor

UKF Sniper not hitting garrisoned troops

1 Oct 2015, 17:36 PM

Anyone else noticed that the UKF Sniper has a hard time hitting garrisoned troops? Had my Sniper missing like 8 shots before killing a model in a building over the last couple of games. Is it bad RNG or working as intended? If so its even more frustrating that the Centaur is the only solution to clear a well defended housecomeplex by now as you simply have nothing against infantry in buildings. The Carrier, which will get killed too easily by shreks and even MG fire itself is not really an option midgame.

Any thoughts/experience on that?
1 Oct 2015, 17:42 PM

You gotta use stop micro--if you click directly on the garrison, UKF sniper will shoot the building.
1 Oct 2015, 17:58 PM

It's something of a bug- the Brit sniper has an AT rifle, which in theory can damage buildings, so he interprets a command to attack a building literally- as a command to attack the building itself.

You have to move him into range and let him autoattack.

Ironically, once you do this, he will get a guaranteed kill on every shot, never missing, as opposed to the German and Soviet Snipers, who have a 50-50 chance of missing against garrisoned units.
1 Oct 2015, 18:26 PM

Anyone else noticed that the UKF Sniper has a hard time hitting garrisoned troops? Had my Sniper missing like 8 shots before killing a model in a building over the last couple of games. Is it bad RNG or working as intended? If so its even more frustrating that the Centaur is the only solution to clear a well defended housecomeplex by now as you simply have nothing against infantry in buildings. The Carrier, which will get killed too easily by shreks and even MG fire itself is not really an option midgame.

Any thoughts/experience on that?

Psst. Artillery.
1 Oct 2015, 21:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ironically, once you do this, he will get a guaranteed kill on every shot, never missing, as opposed to the German and Soviet Snipers, who have a 50-50 chance of missing against garrisoned units.

In fact, i think it's something like 65% for OH and 80% for SU. Can't remember well.
1 Oct 2015, 21:30 PM

In fact, i think it's something like 65% for OH and 80% for SU. Can't remember well.
I remember Alex saying a week or so ago that it was 50-50 for both.
Regardless, Eastern Front snipers at least have a chance to miss. Brit sniper doesn't.
1 Oct 2015, 22:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I remember Alex saying a week or so ago that it was 50-50 for both.
Regardless, Eastern Front snipers at least have a chance to miss. Brit sniper doesn't.

I correct him later via pm. Both snipers have 2.0 accuracy.

tp_garrison_cover
SU: accuracy_multiplier: 0.4f; >> 0.8
OH: accuracy_multiplier: 0.325f >> 0.65
UK :accuracy_multiplier: 1f >> 2.0 (Never miss)
1 Oct 2015, 23:16 PM

I Think this also has to do with range, sometimes clicking on the garrison will work but at max range usually he shoots the building instead where as getting closer he seems to like hitting infantry more
1 Oct 2015, 23:37 PM

I correct him later via pm. Both snipers have 2.0 accuracy.

tp_garrison_cover
SU: accuracy_multiplier: 0.4f; >> 0.8
OH: accuracy_multiplier: 0.325f >> 0.65
UK :accuracy_multiplier: 1f >> 2.0 (Never miss)
Okay then. I stand corrected as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS