Login

russian armor

Firefly and the tulip

PAGES (8)down
1 Oct 2015, 15:19 PM

A nerf to the Tulips (maybe even with a slight cost decrease too) and a reload decrease would be reasonable. I don't really like them that much and prefer Comets over them.
1 Oct 2015, 15:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cheaper Firefly and nerfed tulips > sure.

Although i wouldn't cut the price as much as you do. -40mp/-15f should do the trick for the moment
(not fond on extreme changes)
1 Oct 2015, 15:24 PM
Benefactor 392

British AT options in 1v1 suffer from one major problem above all- the extreme strength of the 6pdr.

6pdrs come early in the tech tree without need for upgrades, and two 6pdrs are enough to carry the faction all the way through the lategame with mine support. Piats, AEC, Bofors, 17pdr, Firefly, even the Comet, don't provide sufficient advantages in many situations over the cheap and early 6pdr to be worth buying. Fuel is better off spent on anti-infantry (centaur, croc, etc) backed up with 6pdr walls.

Still however if you can pull off the firefly very well why not use it?
it hurts things really bad, and i'd rather not fight a person who knows how to use it effectively. On top of that it pushes off those really heavy armoured units like the tiger and the panther very well.
1 Oct 2015, 15:26 PM

How much damage do the tulips really do right now? Im a Comet person, so i usually try not to bother with Fireflies... I assumed it was 160x2, which seems somewhat appropriate - and if it isnt that, then it should be that to be more appropriate. I personally dont like the ability because it is practically the largest munitions sink for a unit i dont find reliable enough. Its vet is good, though, if you can get at least vet 2.
1 Oct 2015, 15:37 PM

How much damage do the tulips really do right now? Im a Comet person, so i usually try not to bother with Fireflies... I assumed it was 160x2, which seems somewhat appropriate - and if it isnt that, then it should be that to be more appropriate. I personally dont like the ability because it is practically the largest munitions sink for a unit i dont find reliable enough. Its vet is good, though, if you can get at least vet 2.

Tulips rockets are 2 * 240, so the combination of Tulip rocket and Firefly normal shot = one shot 640 hp medium tanks
1 Oct 2015, 15:44 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/42070/superior-brit-armor/page/1#post_id410812

Guys if you have time just watch this replay its pretty insane how effective against Tiger.
1 Oct 2015, 15:50 PM

Guys if you have time just watch this replay its pretty insane how effective against Tiger.

lol at the allied fanboys saying brit armor need buff...haha
1 Oct 2015, 15:54 PM

Hmm actually Im actually saying tulips are fine ehh nwm... :/
1 Oct 2015, 15:57 PM

Without seeing the replay, you are mad because you lost your magnificient tiger

Tulips are needed on that tanks, if you want to remove tulips fine, do it, but the firefly will need an ROF buff, JT fire more often than him c'mon:S
1 Oct 2015, 15:59 PM

Dude sorry but are you retardorino I was playing as brits vs good axis player :loco: I have nothing to say to you guys anymore :D
1 Oct 2015, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 15:57 PMShanka

Without seeing the replay, you are mad because you lost your magnificient tiger

Tulips are needed on that tanks, if you want to remove tulips fine, do it, but the firefly will need an ROF buff, JT fire more often than him c'mon:S

Thats the absurd part, the JT and IS2 which used ammunition made of multiple parts that had to be joined together and had massive reload times fire more often than the Firefly lol
1 Oct 2015, 16:02 PM

Dude sorry but are you retardorino I was playing as brits vs good axis player :loco: I have nothing to say to you guys anymore :D

Oh, fine my bad :)

Go away then :D
1 Oct 2015, 16:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Currently the Comet is just a far better and safer choice for heavy AT. The main issue I have with the Firefly is how slow the turret traverse is. Why does it need to have such a slow turret traverse when the reload is 10 seconds? It makes makes the whole sniper tank thing a little too extreme and more difficult to use than it already is. They really should increase the traverse just a bit.

1 Oct 2015, 16:03 PM

i agree, to improve the game relic should half the tulip dmg and maybe increase the tanks cost by 1/3 to justify that axis have no counter to this beast.
1 Oct 2015, 16:08 PM

lol at the allied fanboys saying brit armor need buff...haha

Still better then random jerk trying to make an argument based on replay which he never even seen.
1 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

i agree, to improve the game relic should half the tulip dmg and maybe increase the tanks cost by 1/3 to justify that axis have no counter to this beast.

Are we playing the same game here? A pz IV is enough to take it out.
1 Oct 2015, 16:23 PM

Still better then random jerk trying to make an argument based on replay which he never even seen.

It's better to be an random jerk than a famous one ;)

1 Oct 2015, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 16:18 PMHorasu

Are we playing the same game here? A pz IV is enough to take it out.

what? a pz iv almost costs the same and gets oneshottet by the firefly with tulip. so axis lose a expensive tank that was hard to get to the field and allies get free vet and just spam next tank to the field.
1 Oct 2015, 16:40 PM

Lower rate of fire to 7s, and lower tulip damage by 40% = fixed.
1 Oct 2015, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 16:40 PMCorsin
Lower rate of fire to 7s, and lower tulip damage by 40% = fixed.

something like this
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak