OKW HQ Trucks should be as durable as UKF Flak

How often do you you lose your HQs to arty, ATG etc
Option Distribution Votes
27%
73%
Total votes: 15
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Sep 2015, 12:10 PM

Day by day, OKW is losing its fanbase as it has lost its appeal; a mobile but crippled faction with forward HQs. Now the forward HQ is not feasible as it can be focused and destroyed the moment it's deployed, unlike the brits emplacements. What is worse, you also lose your tier buildings and access to your most needed units. And there is no point in playing as OKW if you have to deploy your trucks inside your spawn location, lol. Your fragile and useless inf can't stay in the field and have to be close to a forward point, without it you lose most games.
29 Sep 2015, 12:17 PM

Un-biased poll detected.

If you chose to have forward bases, you should take in account that they can be destroyed.
Don't want to be aggressive? Put them in your base.

Your fragile and useless inf can't stay in the field and have to be close to a forward point, without it you lose most games.

This is, without wanting to piss you off, a clear L2P issue. Try to watch some professional's replays?

e: As far as I know you don't lose the access to your units if it's destroyed.
29 Sep 2015, 12:20 PM

Not this again :facepalm:
Risk vs. Reward. Having your tech building out on the field provides the OKW player with certain advantages and with those advantages there in lies the risk of them getting destroyed. You don't want that to happen? Then put them in your HQ sector.

Also I don't know where you get your "Day by day, OKW is losing its fanbase as it has lost its appeal" for a long while the average allied player was in a much more disadvantageous position than an average axis player(your not a pro, that much I can guarantee so I'll talk about average player experience) and that didn't seem to diminish the people searching as allies(usually 3 axis players searching for every 1 allied player) so while you might like to spout your BS it would be much more appreciated if people know about your situation.

TLDR;
L2P until otherwise proven wrong (show your playercard :p)
replays would also help a lot.
29 Sep 2015, 12:28 PM

Indeed risk vs reward. Put it behind shot blockers will help. Except for the "OP" Air Supremacy
29 Sep 2015, 12:29 PM

You guys missed his point:
And there is no point in playing as OKW if you have to deploy your trucks inside your spawn location, lol.

Not this again :facepalm:

TLDR;
L2P until otherwise proven wrong (show your playercard :p)
replays would also help a lot.
Seeing yours, being a 4vs4 hero, you have alot to learn by at least playing 10 PVP 1vs1 games.
29 Sep 2015, 12:46 PM

Their durability alread way to hight and should be reduced.
29 Sep 2015, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 12:46 PMNEVEC

No it is in a good spot for flame weapons of any kind and indirect fire do wonderous damage to it
29 Sep 2015, 12:49 PM

Most sertently not, in my opinion you are comparing it with brits emplacements, but those things are no tech structures. These things are tech structures and in that way more expensive to renew.
29 Sep 2015, 12:51 PM

Durability is actually ok if it wasn't for the fact how OKW can easily turtle in at the fuel points at 3v3 and 4v4 maps.
29 Sep 2015, 12:55 PM

OKW buildings are fine, maybe slight durability buff against certain weapons.
29 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

OKW Trucks are indeed fine, it sounds like you are just trying to be too Aggressive with Truck placement or placing them incorrectly.

This guide is quite good and would be a good read for you I think:

http://www.coh2.org/guides/34730/tip-of-the-week-9--okw-truck-placement
29 Sep 2015, 13:04 PM

i can safely say that im part of the okw fanbase.

okw trucks are perfectly fine, there is no need to change them.
29 Sep 2015, 13:59 PM
Donator 11

I never build them outside of my base in 1v1, except on the larger maps (and even then just barely outside the base). In 2v2s just place them well behind shot blockers.

In 3v3 and up you have so much fuel that losing one isn't a big deal.

Concentrated barrage and balance planes are the only broken things against them. If you lose them otherwise it is a failure on your part to place them well or a failure to repair them.
29 Sep 2015, 14:13 PM

You guys missed his point:

Seeing yours, being a 4vs4 hero, you have alot to learn by at least playing 10 PVP 1vs1 games.

If you didn't notice I didn't even mention that I was referring to either 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 because his post doesn't have enough info in them. He simply ranted how "squishy" OKW buildings are and while I mainly do 4v4 right now(because I can and want to) I have also played extensively on 2v2, mainly as sov so I know long and difficult it is to siege their buildings. You on the other hand have 1 post, which I'm guessing is an alt of someone here *cough* probly the OP *cough* and you don't even show us your player card so you calling me "4v4 hero" is laughable at best.

And you seem to miss the point of OKW buildings being able to be build on the field:
RISK VS REWARD

Aside from the instakiller out there *cough* brit planes *cough* taking out a defended OKW building will take time.
29 Sep 2015, 14:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

The only time this is an issue is with the super Brit arty that takes it out in 1 shot. This arty should be balanced, not the truck. OKW truck health is fine.
29 Sep 2015, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 14:22 PMBudwise
The only time this is an issue is with the super Brit arty that takes it out in 1 shot. This arty should be balanced, not the truck. OKW truck health is fine.

This exact thing! +1 It's fine
29 Sep 2015, 14:37 PM

This exact thing! +1 It's fine

+2 Between something old and something new, it should always be assumed that the new thing is the more likely suspect in breaking the balance of the game.
29 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

+2 Between something old and something new, it should always be assumed that the new thing is the more likely suspect in breaking the balance of the game.

True, the game was kinda balanced on some minor/big things until zhe brits came
29 Sep 2015, 14:42 PM
Patrion 14

+3

I was just about to post the same.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %