Login

russian armor

Brits and Ost late game tech comparison

29 Sep 2015, 05:54 AM

Well Relic makes the brits a mid-late period faction,I found this faction has so many same things with the ostheer. They both have 4-men core infantry with excellent LMG upgrades,both have start MGs,snipers,and even their AT guns have the same stats,both have good medium tank tech (centaur=ostwind,cromwell=pz4,stug=firefly),and both have stock heavy armor tech.So I really like playing the Brits since it's just another ostheer faction in Allies.But, compared to the ostheer, it's just too effective playing late games as the brits. Yes I'm talking about the mid-late games not the early games,if you want to talk,open another thread pls.

Well as the ostheer,you spend 10+40+20+45+75-20=170 fuel to tech to the mediums tech,after building a medium tank,then you must wait for another 200+160=360MP and 45+75=120 fuel to tech to the heavies tech. After the shit long time tech+building upgrade(more than 1 minutes),wanna get a panther which can only anti tank?That's another 175 fuel...Wanna a "super" 800HP "Great" Brumbar which can "rip" infantry?Another 160 fuel...

As the brits,well that's another story.A really good story...You spend 15(PIAT is a must IMO)+30+115-20=140 fuel to tech to the mediums tech,after building a medium tank(maybe the OP centaur),then you just need 200 MP + 60 fuel to tech to the heavies tech.The upgrade only takes 30 seconds and it doesn't need a worker squard...You can build a brilliant tank which can both anti infantry and anti tank. For 185 fuel cost.IMO the Comet is the best best medium tank of the game.High speed,quick reload time,50 range,excellent penetration(190),also the high front and rear armor(290/180).Not to mention it can smoke itself without a doctrine and it can throw grenedes itself. Or you can build a SUPER well-known 1600HP Great Churchill which can eat 5 shots of an elefant or 10 shots of a panther.For just 150 fuel cost...And you can spam the Churchills...just laughing at the enemy...it's slow?well is it slower than KT?or JT?or elefant?No,it's just a little slower than a tiger.

So guys and Relic,I mean,is it fair??? Well well I really love playing as the brits.For me,forget the poor ostheer,I'm a brits player now...
29 Sep 2015, 06:49 AM

glaring lack of indirect fire options, heavy mp bleed. surely you have played against ost who have set up a good position with mortars mg snipers and grenadiers.

good luck getting up a centaur before his panzer4 with that kind of heavy mp bleed.
29 Sep 2015, 07:09 AM

You must have a great early game vs. Axis when playing Brits, care to share your awesome UKF early game tactics?
29 Sep 2015, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 07:09 AMUGBEAR
You must have a great early game vs. Axis when playing Brits, care to share your awesome UKF early game tactics?

Upgrade nothing, rush Centaur! Lol. :)
29 Sep 2015, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 05:54 AMatouba
(PIAT is a must IMO)

Aaaand you've lost it.

Comparing tech costs is also irrelevant, because brits WILL be cut off, its not a question of "if" but "when" and they'll have hard time in the early game.

They are supposed to stand up to axis armies late game with their stock armor and that is exactly what they do.
29 Sep 2015, 07:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 07:25 AMKatitof

Aaaand you've lost it.

Comparing tech costs is also irrelevant, because brits WILL be cut off, its not a question of "if" but "when" and they'll have hard time in the early game.

They are supposed to stand up to axis armies late game with their stock armor and that is exactly what they do.

But they are fixing the early game? Like really they are pretty much fit for tat with Ostheer now and only really have issues with ISG spam with OKW. British lategame teching is also a lot cheaper than going for T4 as Ost and not nearly as risky.

Your also underselling PIAT's, just slap some on some Engineers and give your enemy a good micro task.
29 Sep 2015, 08:01 AM

But they are fixing the early game? Like really they are pretty much fit for tat with Ostheer now and only really have issues with ISG spam with OKW. British lategame teching is also a lot cheaper than going for T4 as Ost and not nearly as risky.

Your also underselling PIAT's, just slap some on some Engineers and give your enemy a good micro task.

I think that PIAT's have some strong damage, but with some great micro you can just outmove those piats with soo much ease.
29 Sep 2015, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 06:49 AMwongtp
glaring lack of indirect fire options, heavy mp bleed. surely you have played against ost who have set up a good position with mortars mg snipers and grenadiers.

good luck getting up a centaur before his panzer4 with that kind of heavy mp bleed.

The early game is another issue,I dunno maybe they should slightly buff it,I feel the mortar replacement is a bad design though.It have very long range but immobile,and the late nerf to the brace makes it less effective.But pls talk about the mid-late game.
29 Sep 2015, 08:12 AM

as Katitof said, your... analysis, is poor in that it doesn't explain actual behavioral factors of the factions, and as such, belies the nature and differences between the two.
29 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 07:25 AMKatitof

But too effective.

Also ostheer suffers from mid game light armor rushing but they have no late stock tech gameplay because of the HIGHEST tech cost of all factions.Both ost and brits are supposed to have a struggle early game, not only brits.Then what Im talking is the mid-late game comparison.
29 Sep 2015, 08:51 AM

the problem is with the ostheer. the t4 research and building just cost way too much.
29 Sep 2015, 09:08 AM

the problem is with the ostheer. the t4 research and building just cost way too much.

Not much can be done here as long as T3 can be skipped.

Having T4 armor just after T3 armor of other armies arrives isn't the best way to go and Ost T3 can stand up to everything with new stug.

@atouba
Not really.
However not a single axis player is accustomed to facing tanks that don't instantly blow up to 2 paks or 3-4 shreckvolks. Fighting against brit armor feels pretty much the same as fighting againt ost armor, while ost tech does cost more in comparison, you're able to hold better map presence and get more resources more easily-and that is without even going for economy enhancing doctrines.

Also regarding ost early game struggle, its not even close to how it used to be, ost early game got tremendous buffs, if someone is still struggling, its because he is still trying to grenspam.

Brits can't really do much in early game and if you can't make a comeback, you won't make it at all to the mid game. Not everyone can play like DevM or Aimstrong.
29 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM

Permanently Banned
I agree, somthing need change for brits tier, in 1 tier thay have all tanks.
29 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

Because they have just 2 tiers with T4 level tanks locked behind side tech.
You can't really do anything about it at this point.
29 Sep 2015, 09:31 AM

faction should be balanced at all stages of game this is a no excuse that they have a poor early game so they can have broken late game....units should perform respective to their cost and faction mechanics
29 Sep 2015, 09:34 AM

I don't like how fast UKF and WM can field their medium tanks. Relic's philosophy is that they want to extend light vehicle play and delay teching to med tanks, and that's why they changed around teching 2 or so months ago, but I feel like rushing med tanks is back with these two factions, UKF especially.
29 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM
Patrion 14

both have start MGs,snipers

Brits don't have a start sniper, it's in T2.
stug=firefly

Except the firefly is way costlier and probably less effective.

PIAT is a must IMO

It's easily the worst handheld in the game, it always misses against a decent player.

The only thing about Brits that I find really OP right now is how stupid strong the centaur is (and the croc perhaps, but that one comes quite late). But after OCF I'm sure that it'll see a nerf soon.
29 Sep 2015, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 09:08 AMKatitof

Not much can be done here as long as T3 can be skipped.

Having T4 armor just after T3 armor of other armies arrives isn't the best way to go and Ost T3 can stand up to everything with new stug.

the advantages of t4 over t3 are kind of minor. the panzer4, stug, and ostwind are good enough against most allies tank and it's hard justifying the extreme cost to go into t4.

The brummbar, and panther are both hard hitting units but the t3 units are just as efficient.panzerwerfer is really the only reason I would feel compel to go into t4.

to quote the OP, centaur=ostwind,cromwell=pz4,stug=firefly. (and I would rate the stug>firefly atm) 200mp and 50 fuel is a decent research cost for the comet/churchill. it's just the ost t4 being overpriced.
29 Sep 2015, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 09:34 AMHorasu
I don't like how fast UKF and WM can field their medium tanks. Relic's philosophy is that they want to extend light vehicle play and delay teching to med tanks, and that's why they changed around teching 2 or so months ago, but I feel like rushing med tanks is back with these two factions, UKF especially.

Except neither UKF nor ost have reliable light armor, yes they can use it, but in ost case its cheap 222 to cunter sniper or light of opponent and in case of UKF, no one is going to get AEC just for AT as its better to use sniper+6 pounder to counter lights.

So these two factions go for meds, because they don't really have any choice, Ost doesn't even feel that 15 fuel 222 expense and brits have nothing with AEC being as it is and emplacements being butchered.
29 Sep 2015, 10:39 AM

Permanently Banned

to quote the OP, centaur=ostwind,.

In all reality, a reality we all know to well: Centaur > Ostwind

No contest :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %