Login

russian armor

Community Ideas to Make CoH2 Better and more Enjoyable

26 Sep 2015, 09:19 AM

Welcome

First off I wanted to make this thread to gather and consolidate ideas from the community on how to make this game better and more attractive for new/old players. Great ideas for improving the game come from not just the developers, but also the community. One such improvement is Kothre and BigRed1's project on having soldiers and units speak native languages when chosen, a community project to improve the experience.

Here are my some personal thoughts on what could be done.

1.) Free to Play
Now not all content would be free to play, my idea is to make Soviets and Wehrmacht free to play along with base campaign. This would allow for new players to play for free and get a taste of what CoH2 has to offer without a time limit. If they enjoy the game, they then may choose to purchase additional armies, campaign packs, commanders, skins, etc. Which leads into my second point...

2.) Rework of entire DLC Content System
Pretty much covers all DLC. I say keep commanders be able to be payed for, but add a crafting system so players may use multiples of warspoils as the materials needed to craft commanders, bulletins, etc. Essentially a copy of TF2's system, this will allow people to gain drops through warspoils, but break down extras or unwanted items into stuff called "salvaged material", the higher the rarity of the item salvaged, the more materials for crafting you obtain. Also using previous commanders or bulletins + salvaged material can make other commanders/ buletins. Example being Mechanized Assault Tactics + certain amount of salvaged material= Armored Assault Tactics or something of that nature. But along with these changes, keep Relics system to purchase the DLC for those who want to get on the ball early or don't want to break down their items to craft what they want. Skins can be along the same line as it is, promotional event, warspoils, purchase.

3.) Trading
Yes trading, something that can increase further interaction between players and allow people to trade unwanted items for something they want. Got a rare skin that you don't want and fancy something else? Put it up for sale!

4.) Custom Keybinding
Should have been in the game day one.

These are just some of the ideas I can think of, but I know you guys have plenty of other good ideas! What else do you think would help? Try to get more high profile youtubers involved? Designated Community Voted Player Balance teams that can help offer input? More Relic endorsed community tournaments?
26 Sep 2015, 11:21 AM

no please no f2p, this would only make dlcs, the quality of the playerbase and the cheats worse
Hux
26 Sep 2015, 11:25 AM
Patrion 14

best ROI for SEGA > Wonderfully crafted game
26 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM

5; Continue Theatre of War.
26 Sep 2015, 12:32 PM

They should really add #3 and #4 soon. It's been forever.
26 Sep 2015, 12:42 PM

Copypasting :snfBarton:

Flags on capture points should be coloured and textured after the faction that takes them. Blue and red flags are really a step backwards compared to the original game.

Music should be tied to faction, not to map. Fighting for the rodina when listening to British tunes is kind of immersion breaking, even more in 1v1s, where realistic match-ups show more often. Very often the only thing missing is the right music.
26 Sep 2015, 12:53 PM

Relic always says that there are a lot of people demanding single player content, yet they've abandoned ToW. They make easy money. Just create some maps, design some levels and throw it out.
26 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 12:53 PMRMMLz

Relic always says that there are a lot of people demanding single player content, yet they've abandoned ToW. They make easy money. Just create some maps, design some levels and throw it out.

And these maps are quite enjoyable. Now that we have 5 factions the possibilities are sky high.
26 Sep 2015, 13:07 PM
Patrion 14

Relic cannot rework the entire commanders model any time soon because most of the commanders were PAID FOR and they would have to refund them to the customers which is a legal nightmare.

They can do Custom Commanders in addition to the existing ones, but they can't take the existing ones out of the game, and even reworking them extensively might be too risky (replacing one of the abilities with a similar one is the most they ever did, in addition to balancing/tweaking).

What Relic should do instead of aiming for pro l33t 1v1 esports (nothing against esports, just don't think this is the way for CoH2 to go with its RNG and its abysmal patching), they should focus on co-op and balancing for larger and more popular game-modes. Hell, make an addition of a 5v5 game mode (RIP graphics cards...).

Additional game modes would also be nice.

CoH2 is maturing and it's got a hell of a lot going for it. It would be a shame if they continue the DLC centric stuff because it REALLY gives off a bad image, undeservedly so, in my opinion.
26 Sep 2015, 18:37 PM

Relic cannot rework the entire commanders model any time soon because most of the commanders were PAID FOR and they would have to refund them to the customers which is a legal nightmare.

They can do Custom Commanders in addition to the existing ones, but they can't take the existing ones out of the game, and even reworking them extensively might be too risky (replacing one of the abilities with a similar one is the most they ever did, in addition to balancing/tweaking).

What Relic should do instead of aiming for pro l33t 1v1 esports (nothing against esports, just don't think this is the way for CoH2 to go with its RNG and its abysmal patching), they should focus on co-op and balancing for larger and more popular game-modes. Hell, make an addition of a 5v5 game mode (RIP graphics cards...).

Additional game modes would also be nice.

CoH2 is maturing and it's got a hell of a lot going for it. It would be a shame if they continue the DLC centric stuff because it REALLY gives off a bad image, undeservedly so, in my opinion.
I'm not saying completely get rid of the paid dlc, but allow for crafting. This can work with the commanders, maybe add a bonus for those who bought the commanders pre crafting (something cosmetic).
26 Sep 2015, 18:55 PM

Yes to 2, 3, ESPECIALLY 4, and 5.
No to 1.
Yes ty :D
26 Sep 2015, 19:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No? Whenever you buy/install the game you sign for a long legal contract. They can do whatever they want with their product.
26 Sep 2015, 22:52 PM

No? Whenever you buy/install the game you sign for a long legal contract. They can do whatever they want with their product.
They look bad if they did.
27 Sep 2015, 00:36 AM

They need to allow custom skins and decals in automatch.
27 Sep 2015, 01:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

They look bad if they did.

No? I mean, look at EA. They are seen as the worst thing in the world, but i haven't seen anyone complain when they gave games for free in the "House invites". Not just "old" games, but some AAA games (BF3 was like 1,5-2 years after release and they also included a DLC)

27 Sep 2015, 01:48 AM

No? I mean, look at EA. They are seen as the worst thing in the world, but i haven't seen anyone complain when they gave games for free in the "House invites". Not just "old" games, but some AAA games (BF3 was like 1,5-2 years after release and they also included a DLC)

Good point.
27 Sep 2015, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 12:53 PMRMMLz

The next major event in ToW would have been Kursk. They should at least finish out the war on the Eatern Front ToW wise.
27 Sep 2015, 06:35 AM

The next major event in ToW would have been Kursk. They should at least finish out the war on the Eatern Front ToW wise.

I would pay for a 4v4 PvE Kursk map. That would be awesome. And it not that hard to develop too. Only a map, a little scripting and you're done.
27 Sep 2015, 14:39 PM

less corsin more alexzandarzer
27 Sep 2015, 18:35 PM

+1

Unlike the soviet campaign I really enjoyed the TOW campaigns. Some of them were extremely hard to master but very entertaining.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★