Login

russian armor

September 24th Hotfix Patch Notes

24 Sep 2015, 02:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 02:17 AMiPe7eR

"Hotfix" 4Head

Hopefully this didn't bring more game breaking bugs, oh who am I kidding, it certainly did :romeoPls:

On the rogers stream, his churchills and comets got perma loader injured from the stuka loiter after the hotfix :facepalm:
24 Sep 2015, 02:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 02:23 AMTobis

You don't need to pay to unlock them though.

? They are locked behind your first building. Which is free, but you still need to spend upgrade/build time to get it. Remember they also reduced the cost of molotov upgrade, it only costs 15 fuel to upgrade now (down from 25).

For a faction like OKW that isn't exactly rolling in early game anti-garrison capabilities having the Incen nade cost move than it's Soviet counter-part while being identical is kinda uh, silly.

Volks also don't get added range with Vet, so once Cons actually have in some total better ability vet than Volks do AND better survability vet than Volks do (Vet 5 Voks have .81, Vet 3 cons have .65).

I'll make a thread about this (OKW Vet getting outclassed by other factions with recent changes) later. Give you an idea about how huge the gap has gotten, cons have an effective health versus small arms at Vet 3 of 738 while Volks at Vet 5 have 493, that's a difference of 245 health or 15.5 Mosin hits.
24 Sep 2015, 02:57 AM
Donator 11

Nah a lot of these changes were needed, Relic just overdid them.

I was more speaking in reference to the vickers bug.

Also agreed, Incendiary nade should be 20ish munitions. Slightly higher than molotov because of extra throwing distance ( I think)
24 Sep 2015, 03:05 AM

I was more speaking in reference to the vickers bug.

Also agreed, Incendiary nade should be 20ish munitions. Slightly higher than molotov because of extra throwing distance ( I think)

It can't be thrown farther, it just is thrown faster (as in leaves the hand of the soldier faster, not actually flies faster).
24 Sep 2015, 03:09 AM

On the rogers stream, his churchills and comets got perma loader injured from the stuka loiter after the hotfix :facepalm:
That has been there since release.
24 Sep 2015, 03:18 AM

Oh wow, uhm, the Molotov is actually faster than the Incendiary nade now. The projectile speed on the Molotov is 10 to the Incendiary nades 5. Should have caught that earlier.

So the incendiary nade is actually worse than the molotov if your trying to hit a target at max range before it moves :foreveralone:
24 Sep 2015, 03:30 AM

Oh wow, uhm, the Molotov is actually faster than the Incendiary nade now. The projectile speed on the Molotov is 10 to the Incendiary nades 5. Should have caught that earlier.

So the incendiary nade is actually worse than the molotov if your trying to hit a target at max range before it moves :foreveralone:

And throw animation length is what makes all the difference. Incendiary nade better than molotov, but 35 still too much for so little difference.
24 Sep 2015, 03:36 AM

I think it's time to stop playing for a while since relic fucked up big time and I have no fun playing company of isg /pack howi.
Also centaur is not fixed and 38 muni molotov is just lol.
24 Sep 2015, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 03:30 AMJadame!

And throw animation length is what makes all the difference. Incendiary nade better than molotov, but 35 still too much for what you get.

The throw animation is 3.6 for Molotov and 1.5 (info found in abilities, these two numbers are the delay to account for the animation) for Incendiary nade, and since the Molotov moves at 10 speed to the Incendiary's 5, this means if you throw at something at 15-25 range the molotov will hit faster, below that the Incendiary will hit first.

Basically if your using it for anti garrison the molotov is better because it hits faster at a longer range, but for just throwing down in front of you the incendiary is better. Really as you said the 35 munitions for the incen grenade is to much considering how finely split the molotov and incendiary nade is.
24 Sep 2015, 03:47 AM

That has been there since release.

Yeah, but it was fixed a patch or two ago, now this is back: http://i.imgur.com/3SqMI22.png

Literally 1 value

http://imgur.com/a/419iZ

Here you see the game time. It's supposed to last 10 seconds. I spawned some pioneers to repair the engine crit, it was still there.
24 Sep 2015, 03:59 AM

The throw animation is 3.6 for Molotov and 1.5 (info found in abilities, these two numbers are the delay to account for the animation) for Incendiary nade, and since the Molotov moves at 10 speed to the Incendiary's 5, this means if you throw at something at 15-25 range the molotov will hit faster, below that the Incendiary will hit first.

Basically if your using it for anti garrison the molotov is better because it hits faster at a longer range, but for just throwing down in front of you the incendiary is better. Really as you said the 35 munitions for the incen grenade is to much considering how finely split the molotov and incendiary nade is.

wind down doesn't matter for throwing grenades, since that's just animation after the grenade have left the thrower's hand. Wind up is the only thing that matter, and in that case it's 1.8 on the molly verus .25 on the volks.

a short wind up is important because your troops can move or retreat once the grenade is in flight. Throwing the molly leave conscript vulnerable
24 Sep 2015, 04:02 AM

wind down doesn't matter for throwing grenades, since that's just animation after the grenade have exited the thrower's hand.

I'm not talking about wind down, I'm talking about the delay before the ability activates and spawns the projectile.

| | | | delay: {
| | | | | $REF: "action\delay.lua";
| | | | | 0x3251A3EE: 52850;
| | | | | 0x8C660CB4: false;
| | | | | delay: 3.6f;
| | | | | delay_min: 0f;
| | | | | delayed_actions: [

| | | | delay: {
| | | | | $REF: "action\delay.lua";
| | | | | 0x3251A3EE: 469322;
| | | | | 0x8C660CB4: false;
| | | | | delay: 1.5f;
| | | | | delay_min: 0f;
| | | | | delayed_actions: [

You will notice that all windup's in the game files are small enough to be contained inside the delay action for throwing the grenade.
24 Sep 2015, 04:38 AM

I'm not talking about wind down, I'm talking about the delay before the ability activates and spawns the projectile.

You will notice that all windup's in the game files are small enough to be contained inside the delay action for throwing the grenade.

use accessory weapon != game event action. I don't know what the game event do, but I think it's mainly book keeping

It can't be thrown farther, it just is thrown faster (as in leaves the hand of the soldier faster, not actually flies faster).

the weapon range on the molly is still 15 even if the ability range is 20. In this case the weapon range limitation wins out.
24 Sep 2015, 04:47 AM

Interesting change, as now OKW grenades will be identical to molotovs in every way but somewhat faster throw speed (as in time for grenade to leave the hands of a thrower). Not really sure the incendiary is worth 37.5 munitions (well I mean you HAVE to use it but Im talking abstractly here) for being almost identical to the molotov which is only 15 in a muni floaty faction.

Have to upgrade to molotovs.
24 Sep 2015, 05:03 AM

They reintroduced the Prioritize Vehicles Bug with USF where it turns off every time you get out.

/Slow clap Relic All that testing paid off.
24 Sep 2015, 05:11 AM

use accessory weapon != game event action. I don't know what the game event do, but I think it's mainly book keeping

the weapon range on the molly is still 15 even if the ability range is 20. In this case the weapon range limitation wins out.

The delay in the spawning of the projectile is what determines how fast you through it. As both grenades when flying through the air are not actually the weapon, they are just a projectile linked to a weapon.

I don't really have time (since it's 1 am....) to go in game and test to perfectly time every grenade but as far as I can tell windup doesn't have any relation to throw time because Volks throw takes long than .25 seconds (which the weapon indicates as it's wind up time...)

Regardless, in it's current state the Flame Grenade on Volks is not worth 37.5 munitions.

Have to upgrade to molotovs.

The cost of upgrading is less than your starting fuel, getting flame grenades be it on Cons or OKW is free.
24 Sep 2015, 05:34 AM

The delay in the spawning of the projectile is what determines how fast you through it. As both grenades when flying through the air are not actually the weapon, they are just a projectile linked to a weapon.

I don't really have time (since it's 1 am....) to go in game and test to perfectly time every grenade but as far as I can tell windup doesn't have any relation to throw time because Volks throw takes long than .25 seconds (which the weapon indicates as it's wind up time...)

where did you learned this?

the game event thing was not there in coh1. I think the game event is an cue that cause the soldier/model to shout out warning ("WATCH OUT GRENADE!!!!").
24 Sep 2015, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 02:23 AMTobis

You don't need to pay to unlock them though.

I would rather pay fuel for cheaper nades then pay for a 30 muni nade. And I am sure you need conversion or medic truck in order to use incendiary nades.
24 Sep 2015, 05:51 AM
Patrion 14

They reintroduced the Prioritize Vehicles Bug with USF where it turns off every time you get out.

/Slow clap Relic All that testing paid off.

it was always there.
24 Sep 2015, 06:11 AM

they didnt fix centaur clearing buildings with its first shot?

relic is really pushing their boundaries, arent they...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★