Login

russian armor

Fix MAXIM

24 Jun 2013, 08:23 AM

You can't increase the MG42 armor to 2 or 3, they would become too strong vs normal infantry fire.

hm.. Can i increase the crew armor to 1.5? same as gren.

because, they are too weak. and just 3 men..
24 Jun 2013, 08:25 AM

If they increase the armour of MG42 men, I feel it would cause even more issues. Flanking conscripts/guards already do so low small arms fire damage to MG42 teams.

Unless they also increase rifle smalls fire in proportion to it. Then it may work a bit better but I am not sure.
24 Jun 2013, 08:43 AM

If they increase the armour of MG42 men, I feel it would cause even more issues. Flanking conscripts/guards already do so low small arms fire damage to MG42 teams.

Unless they also increase rifle smalls fire in proportion to it. Then it may work a bit better but I am not sure.

What do you think about AT and mortar crews?
24 Jun 2013, 08:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Why not drop all crew members to 3 and increase rifle damage?
24 Jun 2013, 13:14 PM
Donator 11

Honestly I'm happy about every enemy going T2 for MG Spam.. I just rush T2 and get a scout car, like 70% of the map can't be secured with sitting in Houses, just get these terretories and rush Flame ht ;)
24 Jun 2013, 13:31 PM

Honestly I'm happy about every enemy going T2 for MG Spam.. I just rush T2 and get a scout car, like 70% of the map can't be secured with sitting in Houses, just get these terretories and rush Flame ht ;)

If he spam Maxim but not locking the fuel, you autowin anyway
24 Jun 2013, 13:43 PM

Maxims are quite powerful right now. I don't know about over powered. I've been switching over to a Maxim based strategy simply because it's fairly effective and it gets around that goddamn overpowered Stuka Strafing Run that the Level 45 general gets. Maxims can still do their job while pinned. They can't reposition so they're easier to flank under the Strafe but it's better than having a Conscript based army that just bleeds manpower when sent out.

That being said I've been able to deal with Maxim spam with my German fast T2 strategy. When any opponent goes a fast T1 or T2 start with no Conscripts they give up:

1) Initial map control and resources to pioneers
2) Are often banking on an opening that does not include fast vehicles.

With the first minute it takes to build the Support Weapons Kampyenyea (T2 Russians), three pioneer squads out capping will get you an impressive amount of resources and your T2 up in no time.

Panzer Grenadiers are one of the few infantry that are actually effective flankers against Maxims. Their close combat damage is enough that if you get to a flank and on-top of the gun it can easily be a squad wipe. Building a Halftrack after your first squad lets you load up and unload your PGs on top of the Maxim. If there's a Maxim behind that then you can load back up before you get pinned.

If your Flamehalftrack hits before the enemy AT gun you immediately seize map control even against the utterly broken building armor. Even if the enemy foresees your actions and gets an AT gun after the second Maxim or whatnot their lack of AT grenades give you an excellent window. You only need to be aware of mines. The Maxims can't go and capture points without their AT gun so it will seriously cramp his capping power.

Tier 2 start with Ostheer is very viable. If you're having trouble with some of the more "tech" oriented Soviet builds give it a shot. I have a thread that outlines my general strategy in the Ostheer strategy forum.
27 Jun 2013, 16:02 PM

Fix Maxim pls! Dont even have to explain why.

Edit: ok, just a short explanation: basically now the everyone picked up on the Op'ness of the maxim all 2v2s im playing start to revolve around 1 or even 2 ppl just massing them.

It has a supershort setup time, u can plant it in the face of MG42 and actually win, it's near impossible to kill due to 6 man squad and it surpresses like hell.

Op? I think so.
27 Jun 2013, 16:12 PM

I feel I have major issues all around removing Russia from buildings in the early-mid game. Until you get a tank, not to kill the squad but to destroy a building nothing seems very cost/time efficient for Ostheer.

I almost always spend my first sixty munitions on a flamer for this reason. It's so obnoxious to have an invincible conscript squad in a building behind your lines.

HT's Scout Cars can drove over support weapons to crush them and all other squad members will retreat out of the map, if you pin them, they will retreat to base but got shotted by base MG because they obeyed the order not to retreat

Wait, what? I've never seen an MG get crushed by a vehicle.

Also, what's this about about pinning and being shot by the base machine gun?
27 Jun 2013, 16:22 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Barton is joking.
27 Jun 2013, 16:29 PM

But in 2v2 how do you handle it when one person pumps out 3 then spams at guns to counter early vehicle, while other guy pumps out clown cars and snipers. Usually grab map control right off the bat. Have had no luck countering that due to 4-5 maxiums on ghe field so fast.
27 Jun 2013, 16:44 PM

Tried this tactic for fun just now, and wow, it works great. I produced a total of three maxims, and even though the enemy had theire mgs already set up, I could just march my Maxim right in front om them and mowe them down. Right now, the Maxim squads are powerful infantrysquads, it kind of ruins the tactic in it all.
27 Jun 2013, 16:49 PM

Tried this tactic for fun just now, and wow, it works great. I produced a total of three maxims, and even though the enemy had theire mgs already set up, I could just march my Maxim right in front om them and mowe them down. Right now, the Maxim squads are powerful infantrysquads, it kind of ruins the tactic in it all.

There's already a thread here where I gave one permutation of it. Corp.Sheppard has some good points on how to counter maxim spam.
27 Jun 2013, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2013, 16:49 PMAdder

There's already a thread here where I gave one permutation of it. Corp.Sheppard has some good points on how to counter maxim spam.

Dude seriously: The tips from Sheppard (basically "put your PGs in a HT and unload behind Maxim) are better than a total buttfuck but thats as far as it goes.

Especially in a 2v2 where Maxims are covered very well by the rest of the units its almost impossible to counter. Especially when they also use the buildings well. That thing just switches aim so fast, redeploys so fast and pins so fast it's just a total ownage unit. It needs a nerf BADLY.
27 Jun 2013, 21:44 PM

2v2 is not much of a concern tbh 1v1 is where the balance should be made, ht behind them is hardly seen because everyone wants flamers on it, which also do a good job at it, flanking maxims from 3 angle will kill it. capping the rest of the map is also a good idea,
27 Jun 2013, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2013, 21:44 PMCrells
2v2 is not much of a concern tbh 1v1 is where the balance should be made, ht behind them is hardly seen because everyone wants flamers on it, which also do a good job at it, flanking maxims from 3 angle will kill it. capping the rest of the map is also a good idea,

Flanking maxims from 6 angle will also kill it well, or from 9, or 12. Also, balance should work for all modes, not just 1v1 despite of what you seem to think.
27 Jun 2013, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2013, 21:34 PMStoffa

Dude seriously: The tips from Sheppard (basically "put your PGs in a HT and unload behind Maxim) are better than a total buttfuck but thats as far as it goes.

Especially in a 2v2 where Maxims are covered very well by the rest of the units its almost impossible to counter. Especially when they also use the buildings well. That thing just switches aim so fast, redeploys so fast and pins so fast it's just a total ownage unit. It needs a nerf BADLY.

I can't comment on 2v2 because I don't play any, but I think getting a flame halftrack immediately upon seeing maxims strikes me as the most reasonable German response. From experience, I know that it can be quite deadly.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Maxim is OP and should be nerfed.
27 Jun 2013, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2013, 22:28 PMAdder

I can't comment on 2v2 because I don't play any, but I think getting a flame halftrack immediately upon seeing maxims strikes me as the most reasonable German response. From experience, I know that it can be quite deadly.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Maxim is OP and should be nerfed.

The problem is that the maxim building (Weapon Support Kampaneya) also makes the soviet AT. So, presuming your opponent isn't going full retard, they will make 1 or 2 of those right after their maxims. Especially when the FHT is still vet 0 its very vulnerable to the AT.

And even if there is no AT and you happen to get behind a maxim with the FHT it takes absolute AGES to kill cause of the 6 man squad. If they retreat right away they pretty much always make it back to their base successfully where they can reinforce for a whopping 15 MP per squad member.
28 Jun 2013, 00:36 AM

*Fix Building Cover.
*Give Germans ANY sort of ability to deal with buildings early game (Soviets have molotovs, satchel charges and demo charges, all cost effective in their own right).
*Fix small arms fire

The last one, I will keep insisting, is causing a LOT of inconsistencies. Have you tried killing a vet 3 ZiS with PGrens? Takes eons.

Crews need to go down at leats to 4, if not even out 3, they can already merge squads, which should promote longevity.
28 Jun 2013, 02:50 AM

Well... firing during surpression is simply bullshit.
You can handle Buildings... with molotovs.

Now a personal experience: Because of the responsivity of units in general and because some units think they don't have to follow the others... my Grenadiers lost vs a maxim after I attacked it right from behind.
I was in melee range, and my enemy simply setup his maxim in the diffrent direction. I was watching the squad nonstop. The first 3 redeployments I could outmicro. But then 1 member of the squad decided he could chill a bit, while his teammembers walked to the other side of the maxim. The whole squad got surpressed, and the maxim had at least 5 man left.

I think one of the Problems here is that if you have to constantly move your Grens, they get reduced accuracy + times where they don't shoot at all because they are not facing the maxim.

Solutions:
-Give Germans something vs buildings that doesn't cost 120 ammo. (p.s. flamer pioneers can find angles where the truesight helps them greatly against buildings, maybe we have to explore that more.)
-Decrease Soviet weopon teams to 4-5 man and increase their armor. That way they get more dmg when shot from behind. (And if we are at it stop the last model from fleeing.)
-Maybe make Maxims take more damage while redeploying. Or make the Teammember of the Maxim stand closer together: That would increase the effectivness of Riflenades against them, and if you have a squad in melee range it would be easyer to manouver around them. Right now you can't click precisely behind the actual MG because there are the rest of the team hanging around.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★