Login

russian armor

Fix MAXIM

19 Jun 2013, 16:45 PM

Guess what?

A Maxim was pushed in front of my already setup MG42, setup and shoot, and eventually force my MG42 to retreat or lose it

WTF?
19 Jun 2013, 16:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

6 man support weapons was a bad idea from the start...

Russian:
6 man support teams
6 man squads
and get 2 man Sniper teams lol

German:
4 man squads
3 man support teams
1 man snipers wtf

None of it adds up to a balanced game tbh.
19 Jun 2013, 16:54 PM

That's how it worked between the US mg (shoot to kill) and Werh mg (shoot to suppress) - vet0.
The real question is was your mg in cover ?
19 Jun 2013, 16:56 PM

The problem are the 6men crews. They simply shouldn't have as many hp as other infantry.

Other than that, there are also other problems like the German mortar weapon being simply worse than the Soviet one (scatters more, needs longer to move after barrage) without even taking into account the tiny German weapon crews.
19 Jun 2013, 17:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Pepsi, you can literally use soviet MG's as a counter to German ones right now. Just set it up right in front of each other and the soviet one will win.
19 Jun 2013, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2013, 16:54 PMPepsi
That's how it worked between the US mg (shoot to kill) and Werh mg (shoot to suppress) - vet0.
The real question is was your mg in cover ?

MG42 in yellow cover, Maxim has no cover, they still win
19 Jun 2013, 17:04 PM

I agree that the maxim needs some sort of balance. The mg 42 gets supressed and beaten even in the case you described and any early flanking/possible counter fails. If I managed to get a squad around the maxim and rifle nade it and shoot it at point blank range its 6 man squad will easily laugh It off. Only mid early pzgrnes are good flanking alternatives but by then russians will have decent map control and a t70 could be fielded. If he wants he can supplement with a clown car early to really shut you down. This however, can be beaten on the smaller maps since its obvious if a soviet player is going mgs and mortars on you. On the new larger maps soviets caN LOLMAXIM the entire map without a german player being able to respond effectively. These new larger maps are really terrible in my opinion, especially in 1v1.
19 Jun 2013, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2013, 17:01 PMBudwise
Pepsi, you can literally use soviet MG's as a counter to German ones right now. Just set it up right in front of each other and the soviet one will win.

Then okay, this is fucked up.
19 Jun 2013, 23:45 PM

Also mgs will continue to fire while pinned so the maxim sets up in front of an mg in cover. Gets pinned and then pins the MG-42 and then win's lolololol.
22 Jun 2013, 20:15 PM

Yea 6 man support teams is just a bad idea and it needs fixing ASAP.
22 Jun 2013, 21:49 PM

Also it really does need a pack up time, it is instant ATM and it makes flanking it nearly impossible. In team games we are seeing alot of MG/ATG abuse, you cant flank the MG and cant get a vehicle to do it either. Please add a pack-up time and reduce ALL Soviet weapon teams to 3 maybe 4 men tops.
23 Jun 2013, 01:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2013, 21:49 PMGrund
Also it really does need a pack up time, it is instant ATM and it makes flanking it nearly impossible. In team games we are seeing alot of MG/ATG abuse, you cant flank the MG and cant get a vehicle to do it either. Please add a pack-up time and reduce ALL Soviet weapon teams to 3 maybe 4 men tops.

That, and IMO, the Germans need some T3 arty options -

Bring back the nebelwerfer?
23 Jun 2013, 04:15 AM

The Maxim is broken but I don't think it is fully because of the squad man size alone.

Maxim has the same range as an MG42. The Maxim range should be less maybe, despite it having a smaller firing arc.

Buildings are God like cover. I had a situation where I wasted 90 ammo (2 bundled nades) and the Maxim squad inside took only a single man loss. 2 barrages (6-8 shots) from a mortar don't even hurt a squad inside a building.

I feel I have major issues all around removing Russia from buildings in the early-mid game. Until you get a tank, not to kill the squad but to destroy a building nothing seems very cost/time efficient for Ostheer.
23 Jun 2013, 06:02 AM

Yeah I was watching that, last night I was pretty silly seeing all this res/time spent for 0 results.

I dont mind that MGs don't suffer when suppressed but when pinned down they should suffer a massive reload speed penalty making them less effective but not taking them out of the fight.

My main beef with the maxin is that at the end of the day it has one use of countering MG42s and even then I would rather a mortar or another conscripts to do the same job and be more usefull.
23 Jun 2013, 06:15 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

The first thing Relic should address is houses cover, yes. Then we can see how effective is that strategy
23 Jun 2013, 07:37 AM

What if, when suppressed, MGs take a massive reduction to accuracy, but still suppress? That way shoving a maxim into an mg 42 results in neither dying but both being taken out of the fight.
24 Jun 2013, 04:39 AM

you should not be able to setup a HMG if you are suppressed, that should stop maxims abusing this clearly un intentional mechanic, though a maxim that flanks a mg and setups before its gets supressed should be rewarded.
24 Jun 2013, 06:48 AM

Every german crew(of MG, AT, mortar and etc) need more higher armor point.

NOW
-soviet : 6 men. 1 armor point.
-german : 3 men. 1 armor point.

It's unfair.

CHANGE TO
-soviet : 6 men. 1 armor point.
-german : 3 men. 2 or 3 armor point.
24 Jun 2013, 07:08 AM

Soviet support teams are extremely UP tbh, 6 man squad that has no combat skills, you can easily flank it with 1 pio and annihilate full squad, just with 1 pio (not full squad) HT's Scout Cars can drove over support weapons to crush them and all other squad members will retreat out of the map, if you pin them, they will retreat to base but got shotted by base MG because they obeyed the order not to retreat

So.... Soviets are UP !!! MVGame
24 Jun 2013, 07:29 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

You can't increase the MG42 armor to 2 or 3, they would become too strong vs normal infantry fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 9
Germany 638

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment