Login

russian armor

[USF] [All Modes] [Pack Howie cost]

23 Sep 2015, 14:48 PM

Can you please...

Stop? What happens in official forums stays in official forums. 600 mp pak howie is utterly absurd. You are forgetting that real people play the other faction and not AI. Usually when i use something i find annoying from the enemy (because i like to play all factions), it turns out its not as effective as i originally think.

So stop pressing the thread creation button and reflect how this is a game people try to enjoy playing in some way.
23 Sep 2015, 14:52 PM

Thread rerailed by the usual suspects/Haters.
Problem:
  • USF is a faction which isn't struggling in the AI department. Their baseline inf can rip apart German wussies and give each one 2 zooks and they can hard-counter any medium vehicles as well, their supposed hard-counters.

The pack howie is possibly the best piece of arty in game, wiping at least 3 models with each shell, hard countering the ISG, destroying OKW trucks, pin the HMG42, wipe out GrW34s and has 2 awesome abilities and could be used as an occasional AT.

Now all is good and well, but the price is way too low for such a potent and game changing unit. The stats could see some adjustments as well.

Solutions:
  • Suggested stats changes: Minimum distance from 40 to 50
    Maximum distance from 80 to 75
    Penetration from 85 to 45
    AOE Radius from 6 (WTF!?) to 3
    Damage near from 2.5 to 1.25
  • Or; Cost adjustment: Cost changed to 600, pop cap changed to 14

It still will be a potent and reliable mobile arty without any cheesy wipes or breaking OKW core design feature.

23 Sep 2015, 15:37 PM

Dude ... Show your card!! You can see how bad I suck ... I have no comment on your proposals. I am just a scrub ... show your card.
23 Sep 2015, 15:47 PM

This post went downhill quickly.

@OP The suggestions you make are completely out of line with any real possibility for balance. Pak Howie is not as good as ISG and comes later. Many of the people here are being rude, but they are correct. These suggestions will in no way improve the game.
Just for example, as your suggestions of range change would mean the only window the gun could fire would be from 50-75 m. With the changes to the way the shells deal damage you would have to fire one shell at a time and then move the Howie because the approaching unit would already enter the minimum range. These suggestions are completely ridiculous.

End thread.
23 Sep 2015, 16:06 PM

Pak Howie is not as good as ISG and comes later. These suggestions will in no way improve the game.
Denying the stats? Or just complete bias?

Many of the people here are being rude, but they are correct.

Yeah some zero-value shit post here and there but there also interesting contributions as well.
23 Sep 2015, 16:29 PM

I'm with DoomTornado regarding how efficient and effective the Pack artillery is. I played an OKW game last night where a USF player got out 2 Packs, and they completely shut down my infantry, counter shotted my ISG and proceeded to win the game.

For it's price, it's just too effective; it has instant suppression, it can wipe squads pretty easily and it's cheap. Most obvious solution is to obviously increase it's MP cost, so that the price reflects the performance of the unit. Making the Pack artillery a 2 man support weapon is also another solution that will balance it.
23 Sep 2015, 16:37 PM
Patrion 14

Had to invis almost half this thread with Katitof's bullshit. Seriously dude, give us a break and behave like 99.9% of all the other forum users. I know you like to think you're special but there's gonna be a day where you may find it hard to gain access to this site.

back on topic.
23 Sep 2015, 16:43 PM

I'm with DoomTornado regarding how efficient and effective the Pack artillery is. I played an OKW game last night where a USF player got out 2 Packs, and they completely shut down my infantry, counter shotted my ISG and proceeded to win the game.

For it's price, it's just too effective; it has instant suppression, it can wipe squads pretty easily and it's cheap. Most obvious solution is to obviously increase it's MP cost, so that the price reflects the performance of the unit. Making the Pack artillery a 2 man support weapon is also another solution that will balance it.

I might be little pain in the ass but your PC shows that you haven't played any OKW game recently.
Nor random, nor AT. Just sayin :luvDerp:

Leig has instant suppression as well, can wipe squads also very easily, it's cheaper, comes earlier, easier to make 2 of them, higher range andcovered by schwerer + med.
23 Sep 2015, 16:53 PM

I might be little pain in the ass but your PC shows that you haven't played any OKW game recently.
Nor random, nor AT. Just sayin :luvDerp:

Leig has instant suppression as well, can wipe squads also very easily, it's cheaper, comes earlier, easier to make 2 of them, higher range andcovered by schwerer + med.

I played a OKW 2v2 on one of my smurfs obviously.

Leig is balanced though since OKW doesn't have a very good core Army that can stand up to the other factions, and the suppression is lesser than the Pack artillery one, so if anything the Leig needs a few buffs unless Relic plans on giving buffs for Volks Grenadiers, Obersoldatens and MG34's. USF core army is already better than OKW, so when a USF player gets out a Pack artillery unit ore two on top of their core army, it's simply not balanced. Why should USF get both a strong core army AND the best support weapons in the game?
23 Sep 2015, 16:59 PM

Leig is balanced though since OKW doesn't have a very good core Army that can stand up to the other factions, and the suppression is lesser than the Pack artillery one, so if anything the Leig needs a few buffs unless Relic plans on giving buffs for Volks Grenadiers, Obersoldatens and MG34's. USF core army is already better than OKW, so when a USF player gets out a Pack artillery unit ore two on top of their core army, it's simply not balanced. Why should USF get both a strong core army AND the best support weapons in the game?

:luvDerp:
23 Sep 2015, 17:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

:luvDerp:

Indeed. Reliably pinning while sitting safely next to a Battlegroup HQ is kinda shitty actual power, probably should be able to do it while sitting in base.
23 Sep 2015, 18:31 PM

Giving it a fire arc with a maximum distance at 75 and a minium distance at 50 and a damagde reduction by a HALF will kill of the unit.
23 Sep 2015, 18:39 PM

^ I didn't suggest a %50 damage nerf, just a few tweaks to make it less of a wipe machine. As it is, it can take out all entities standing in a 0.75-3 meters radius.
23 Sep 2015, 18:44 PM

Both the LeiG and Pack Howi should just be mirrored to one another in cost and performance. I don't know why they gave the large AoE one to a faction that fights 4 men and the small AoE one to the faction that fights 5-6 men.

Both can have different vet, but I don't see any reason for them to vary so wildly in wipe potential and whatnot.

Basically to say in Technical Terms:

-AoE on both to 4; damage at near 1, damage at mid .5, and damage at far .25.

-Scatter on both to to angle of 6 and distance of 7

-Suppression is an activated ability that gives each 50% less damage but each shot nets you a decently large AoE net and the damage spread over a larger area. Basically air burst shrapnel I guess?

-White Phos on USF, equivalent on OKW. Could just say the LeiG uses mustard gas shells or w/e since Germany didn't use Whit Phos

-Crew on ISG Bump to 5

-Both have 100 range standard

-Both cost 420 MP

There, done.
23 Sep 2015, 18:48 PM

Wut? USF strong core and best support weapons? hahaha

23 Sep 2015, 19:52 PM

Both the LeiG and Pack Howi should just be mirrored to one another in cost and performance. I don't know why they gave the large AoE one to a faction that fights 4 men and the small AoE one to the faction that fights 5-6 men.

Both can have different vet, but I don't see any reason for them to vary so wildly in wipe potential and whatnot.

Basically to say in Technical Terms:

-AoE on both to 4; damage at near 1, damage at mid .5, and damage at far .25.

-Scatter on both to to angle of 6 and distance of 7

-Suppression is an activated ability that gives each 50% less damage but each shot nets you a decently large AoE net and the damage spread over a larger area. Basically air burst shrapnel I guess?

-White Phos on USF, equivalent on OKW. Could just say the LeiG uses mustard gas shells or w/e since Germany didn't use Whit Phos

-Crew on ISG Bump to 5

-Both have 100 range standard

-Both cost 420 MP

There, done.

Disagree. I like the LEIG having longer range but the pack howie having greater aoe. They should not have identical stats imo. Other tweaks may be required however (IE: LEIG price to 400MP)
23 Sep 2015, 20:04 PM

Penetration from 85 to 45
AOE Radius from 6 (WTF!?) to 3
Damage near from 2.5 to 1.25

23 Sep 2015, 20:16 PM

That's damage against buildings, not the overall damage.

23 Sep 2015, 22:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Disagree. Rather see both ISG/Pack howie cost and suppression adjusted. Pack howie should had more shells (+2/+3) on barrage.

Offtopic: admins, is this DeC? Isn't there a rule against multiaccounts?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★