Login

russian armor

Remove abandonment.

21 Sep 2015, 15:14 PM

Now that Cold-tech is removed from automatch can we get rid of this stupid mechanism? It really kills the gameplay as it is very RNG dependant and can make a diference between victory and defeat...Imagine if something like this would happen in a tourney. :megusta::hansRNG::megusta:
21 Sep 2015, 15:16 PM

Inb4

Amipolizeifunk casting: "Here we are in OCF grand final, the last match Luvnest vs Jesulin, oh what is happening Jesulin´s King Tiger gets abandon, Luvnest makes a comeback with 20 points left! :snfQuinn::snfQuinn:

Its not too late to create a tournament mod for OCF, which removes all abandon crits.
21 Sep 2015, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 15:16 PMl4hti
Inb4

Amipolizeifunk casting: "Here we are in OCF grand final, the last match Luvnest vs Jesulin, oh what is happening Jesulin´s King Tiger gets abandon, Luvnest makes a comeback with 20 points left! :snfQuinn::snfQuinn:

Its not too late to create a tournament mod for OCF, which removes all abandon crits.

I proposed a competitive mod months ago but there wasn't much response on it.
I'm all for less RNG, especially game-deciding RNG like abandoned tanks.
21 Sep 2015, 15:37 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

21 Sep 2015, 15:38 PM

Once my ISU-152 got abandoned and I couldn't actually destroy the damn thing with attack ground because my SU-76 couldn't pen it. :oops:

more on topic, while RNG can be bullshit, as long as you don't overextend, abandoned vehicles can usually be destroyed or recovered safely by yourself.
All it takes is an attack ground by AT gun/panzerschreck or hit it with snare if the enemy gets greedy and rushes for it.
21 Sep 2015, 15:43 PM

Oh Jesus, next thing you know people will want every shot to hit with 100% accuracy.

If you are stupid enough to over extend then you should get punished with a possible abandonment. If it's supported by infantry and AT then destroying/recapping would be easy.
21 Sep 2015, 15:45 PM

Oh Jesus, next thing you know people will want every shot to hit with 100% accuracy.

If you are stupid enough to over extend then you should get punished with a possible abandonment. If it's supported by infantry and AT then destroying/recapping would be easy.

Someone did make a thread for tanks to never miss hitting each other, earlier... :P
21 Sep 2015, 15:50 PM
Donator 11

yeah regarding the esl esport thing it should definitely be removed. Every RNG factor is bad for competitive games
21 Sep 2015, 15:51 PM

Permanently Banned
I once stole an abandoned Tiger Ace in a 1v1, it was very cheesy.
21 Sep 2015, 15:58 PM
Benefactor 115

what if:
- while abandoned, tanks get reduced armor value
- you can only reclaim an abandoned tank only after 100% repairing it
21 Sep 2015, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 15:58 PMtuvok
what if:

I love both. It makes it less of an game turning RNG factor because recovery requires lots of risk/effort and strategy.

Therefore the changes will probably never be implemented.
21 Sep 2015, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 15:58 PMtuvok
what if:

Someone would probably complain that repair speeds are too RNG based and that it breaks the pacing for esports... because you know, having everything being predictable makes for some thrilling sport. I watched a thrilling game of Chess recently, thank god it's so predictable so my adrenaline levels never got pumping.

ON a serious note, it's fine. It adds excitement into the game and provides some emergent objectives. Making sure your enemy can't recover that tank leads to interesting objectives that aren't forced. It leads to interesting scenarios were both sides are seeking an abandoned King Tiger in no mans land, both know it's a game decider and want to capture it, the rush of adrenaline when you succeed or fail is amazing, by stripping that out you remove an exciting and unique piece of game play.

That's the biggest problem I have with people who push for the removal of RNG from the game in the name of E-Sports. One of the reasons I love watching CoH is for the thrill of watching RNG push back and forth, then seeing how the best players react and adapt to said RNG. It's why Starcraft is boring to me, everything is predictable.
21 Sep 2015, 16:20 PM

I like it, it's just one of those mechanics that make the game a little more fresh and fun from time to time.

regrading esports, I think it's a pipedream anyway. The game is too bug ridden and commander reliant (even two years on) that makes balance a mess.
21 Sep 2015, 16:22 PM

for the sake of coh2 the only thing that has to be abandoned is the esports tard.
21 Sep 2015, 16:34 PM
Patrion 14

I definitely had a tournament match in which my M5 Quad was shot by a pak as it attempted to flee the area. It was merely abandoned though, and I managed to recrew it fairly easily. That one moment and the couple minutes following that event determined the outcome of the game. Had the M5 been destroyed, the game at the very least would have lasted a lot longer.
21 Sep 2015, 16:35 PM

Someone would probably complain that repair speeds are too RNG based and that it breaks the pacing for esports... because you know, having everything being predictable makes for some thrilling sport. I watched a thrilling game of Chess recently, thank god it's so predictable so my adrenaline levels never got pumping.

ON a serious note, it's fine. It adds excitement into the game and provides some emergent objectives. Making sure your enemy can't recover that tank leads to interesting objectives that aren't forced. It leads to interesting scenarios were both sides are seeking an abandoned King Tiger in no mans land, both know it's a game decider and want to capture it, the rush of adrenaline when you succeed or fail is amazing, by stripping that out you remove an exciting and unique piece of game play.

That's the biggest problem I have with people who push for the removal of RNG from the game in the name of E-Sports. One of the reasons I love watching CoH is for the thrill of watching RNG push back and forth, then seeing how the best players react and adapt to said RNG. It's why Starcraft is boring to me, everything is predictable.

Great post Sir ! +1
21 Sep 2015, 16:43 PM
Donator 11

Coh2 is not about knowing what will happen but about predicting it. There is never one outcome of the engagement: there is worst and best scenario instead with many in between. All players involved should be prepared for both of them. If they are, they are better players and will win in a course of best-of-three in a tournament. That means rng doesn't make a game less e-spots. It makes less predictable and thus much more interesting and challenging to watch or play, thats it. It also makes you #adapt to changing conditions you could not expect and that is a hell of a skill.
21 Sep 2015, 16:44 PM

It's not only with over extending :)
21 Sep 2015, 16:51 PM

I like the occasional abandonment. Makes things interesting. A reasonable amount of RNG is, like others have said, what makes this, for me, more interesting to watch than something like Starcraft.
21 Sep 2015, 17:05 PM
Patrion 14

Either disable recrewment until fixed completely, or maybe, dunno, add a fuel cost to recrewing abandoned tanks equal to 50% of the unit's original cost (only if tank was abandoned, not if US squad bailed out of it of course).

Or add a crit "Tank disabled" resistant to superglue that goes away at 100%.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight