Login

russian armor

Stream quality

21 Sep 2015, 06:10 AM

What i saw yesterday was pretty much like watching some girl playing Yoshi's World. Ami's (no disrespect) casting was unacceptable. Do we really need to look 50% time at the decals, units in buildings and listening to pointeless speeches about casters living in that building (WTF?).

I know, after all its COH2, its all about Kappa, Yolo, MVGame, sidolilolilo but c'mon its really big event with so many people watching, probably many not even coh2 players and that is what we want to show to them ?

I really wanted to hear some great commentary from Luvnest, but nearly everytime Luvnest was explaning some cool shit going on the map, yet ami was talking about him being this tiny little soldier and i was watching zoom in for the grenadier in the window. Camera was missing stuff that matters all the time. I needed to figure out what was happening by myself by looking at the minimap and ui which was really uncomfortable to do. I was so disapointed.

I just hope it will not happen in the main event and casters will take it more seriously because what i have seen yesterday was pretty pathetic,at least games were good.

That's the painful truth.

[Edit]
I wrote this just to prevent this from happening in the next events. Good humor and sometimes a little offtopic is fine but that's no longer the case here.
21 Sep 2015, 07:05 AM
Donator 33

I have to agree, I hope this thread doesn't get shut down as there's some constructive criticism here. In general, even twitch chat was complaining about Ami's off topic ramblings.
21 Sep 2015, 08:26 AM

I was watching Romeo's Stream for a while as he was just arguing with the chat instead of streaming someones game.
If you have to stream someone elses games and he is not playing, pick another good player and explain what is going on. I for myself would have liked to see you explaining the game so that tryhards like me could learn something instead of this nonsense.

Luvnest on the other hand was a good example on how to do it. He was streaming for like 5 hours straight before he joined Ami on the SNF Stream, explaining do's and don'ts and why the lower rated player was caged in in his base after like 10 mins... a really good performance here and Ami was pointing that out too!
21 Sep 2015, 08:37 AM

had the stream muted most of the time, but yeah, the decal zooming was annoying. the house zooming wasnt as bad in my opinion, and seeing that MG42 spazzing out as it was leaving the house was kinda funny :-)
21 Sep 2015, 08:51 AM

Hey guys,

Every caster has his own style of casting. Some are very good in hyping people and providing humour, while others are very good in explaining the game and providing information.
OCF has a lot of coverage, so if you don't like one stream, you can easily go over to another and enjoy other streamers :).
21 Sep 2015, 09:08 AM

There are different casting styles and while one may not be better than the other I do think there needs to be a balance, which I don't think SNF has achieved quite yet.

A nice article I read about casting.
21 Sep 2015, 09:13 AM

Ami's stream was fine for me because I only had it on quietly as background noise whilst doing the brackets, so I didn't have much of a complaint about it since it was much more interesting than complete silence. You must remember the caster chooses their personality and Ami is a lot about the hype casting and little details since he's not a top ladder player, whereas Luvnest is and thus is likely far more interested in the nitty gritty of the strategies themselves.
21 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

Permanently Banned
Agreed.

The fact that Ami totally missed the game changing/winning blow by KoreanArmy vs Siberian was just really bad. Wasn't the first time nor the last time that he missed some important stuff. Unacceptable. Made me leave for Rogers's stream.

To my believe Luvnest should provide the image from the game, with Ami being 'second' caster. Not only will Luvnest see more, but his pc also has way better performance than Ami's.

Next to this, it just wasn't smart to let players play more than 10 hours in a row. This exhaustion also came back in Ami's casting. He totally missed important things, which is just unacceptable. Should have been done with breaks of at least half an hour or an hour in between and split up in between two days.

People payed money for this tourney, spent their hard earned money on providing this tournament with price money, should at least be handled professionally.

21 Sep 2015, 09:31 AM
Patrion 14

Guys guys, don't be too harsh. Yes Ami may miss (important events) but it's not easy trying to be a meticulous caster without being boring as F*ck. The hype Ami tries to create around games calls for a more relaxed style whilst guys like Luvnest who are top players have a trained eye for certain things. Raven, I'd not call this in any way unprofessional. We invested a lot of time in all of this and these casts are the extent of that.

I highly recommend all of you to try and cast a game for yourselves. I shared your ideas before I casted my first games, it really is harder than you think :)
21 Sep 2015, 09:32 AM

Agreed.

The fact that Ami totally missed the game changing/winning blow by KoreanArmy vs Siberian was just really bad. Wasn't the first time nor the last time that he missed some important stuff. Unacceptable. Made me leave for Rogers's stream.

To my believe Luvnest should provide the image from the game, with Ami being 'second' caster. Not only will Luvnest see more, but his pc also has way better performance than Ami's.

Next to this, it just wasn't smart to let players play more than 10 hours in a row. This exhaustion also came back in Ami's casting. He totally missed important things, which is just unacceptable. Should have been done with breaks of at least half an hour or an hour in between and split up in between two days.

People payed money for this tourney, spent their hard earned money on providing this tournament with price money, should at least be handled professionally.

With all due respect for your opinion, but this tournament has been professionally executed.
Announcements, Stretch goals, all-star openings, quality streaming (if you don't like the casting, that's something else), hyping, in-game adds, large prizepool,.. While some might agree with the style of casting being not what they want, there is little to no discussion about the execution of the tournament itself. While I didn't play a large part in this cause of no time, I can vouch for the fact that this has been a very professional-looking tourney.
21 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM

Permanently Banned

With all due respect for your opinion, but this tournament has been professionally executed.
Announcements, Stretch goals, all-star openings, quality streaming (if you don't like the casting, that's something else), hyping, in-game adds, large prizepool,.. While some might agree with the style of casting being not what they want, there is little to no discussion about the execution of the tournament itself. While I didn't play a large part in this cause of no time, I can vouch for the fact that this has been a very professional-looking tourney.

And with all due respect for your opinion, I respectfully disagree. Perhaps the lead up was great, but the way they handled the casting and the way that some people have to play for more than 10 hours straight, having their most important match of that day at the end of that 10 hour + playing window, was not that smart.

The lead up was great, that I do agree with that and that should most definitely be praised. However, last night was not. For example Hans had to play until 03:00 am, Korean army actually had to play until 8:46 am, he started at 00:00

They could have just made it a bit easier on them and let them finish a few games after some sleep.

21 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

Guys guys, don't be too harsh. Yes Ami may miss (important events) but it's not easy trying to be a meticulous caster without being boring as F*ck. The hype Ami tries to create around games calls for a more relaxed style whilst guys like Luvnest who are top players have a trained eye for certain things. Raven, I'd not call this in any way unprofessional. We invested a lot of time in all of this and these casts are the extent of that.

I highly recommend all of you to try and cast a game for yourselves. I shared your ideas before I casted my first games, it really is harder than you think :)

Agreed, Ami definitely brings the drama and hype!
21 Sep 2015, 09:44 AM

I agree that the hype ami is creating is much needed in casting events like this one. But like Wuff said there is no balance between actual game commentary and hype/off-tops. It's literally like 1 minute when casters are focused on actual gameplay and then we go into full random 3 minutes of looking at decals, buildings, zoom ins od dead units while listening about even more random things meanwhile missing a ton of action. I know that I can switch to another channel but the main event will be casted by SNF only (not sure tho, acording to rules, clarify me if I am wrong). And i'm sure most new players will join the most popular channel just because its the most popular.

What I'm trying to say that there is too little about games and too much about I dont know, ?stuff?.
I am not trying to criticize anyone, just wanted the casters too see this and think about it, because I'm sure I'm not the only one whos a little dissapointed.

[Edit]
I agree that by giving the camera to Luvnest, we could achieve better balance because we could see the actual action while Ami can bring hype and drama. And i know it's not that easy to cast, that's why i created this thread just so the casters can read this and maybe get to some conclusions.
21 Sep 2015, 09:46 AM
21 Sep 2015, 09:52 AM

Permanently Banned
To clarify, I am not hating on Ami! The way he put his heart and soul into this is great.

Yet it was a little rough to see him miss so many things, especially game changing plays. I understand that this wasn't the main event, yet there were some epic games. Casting could have been handled a little better.

Some ideas:

- Have a decal/cool camera angle hunt when things are quiet. Let Luvnest or the other co caster have an eye out for any action and call it out as soon as that happens so the switch can be made to the action.

- Use the best PC for the casting job. Luvnes't pc is better than Ami's, perhaps they could switch that up for a more smoother experience?

- Not hating but I think having Luvnest or any other 'pro' player as the main caster is better. This gives Ami more time to hype, decal hunt an perhaps interact with the chat?

Just ideas.

Sorry if my previous posts were to 'aggressive'..
21 Sep 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 09:44 AMEquuz
I agree that the hype ami is creating is much needed in casting events like this one. But like Wuff said there is no balance between actual game commentary and hype/off-tops. It's literally like 1 minute when casters are focused on actual gameplay and then we go into full random 3 minutes of looking at decals, buildings, zoom ins od dead units while listening about even more random things meanwhile missing a ton of action. I know that I can switch to another channel but the main event will be casted by SNF only (not sure tho, acording to rules, clarify me if I am wrong). And i'm sure most new players will join the most popular channel just because its the most popular.

What I'm trying to say that there is too little about games and too much about I dont know, ?stuff?.
I am not trying to criticize anyone, just wanted the casters too see this and think about it, because I'm sure I'm not the only one whos a little dissapointed.

I didn't mean or say there was no balance.

I think it is incredibly hard to duo commentate a game well, for the most part I think SNF does a fine job but sometimes the balance is off.

Casting is similar to playing COH2, it is a learning process and there is always room for growth and improvement!

21 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM

And with all due respect for your opinion, I respectfully disagree. Perhaps the lead up was great, but the way they handled the casting and the way that some people have to play for more than 10 hours straight, having their most important match of that day at the end of that 10 hour + playing window, was not that smart.

The lead up was great, that I do agree with that and that should most definitely be praised. However, last night was not. For example Hans had to play until 03:00 am, Korean army actually had to play until 8:46 am, he started at 00:00

They could have just made it a bit easier on them and let them finish a few games after some sleep.

Welcome to qualifiers for large tournaments :). Unfortunately, that's the case in larger tournaments. Pauses are indeed a good option for the next time.
21 Sep 2015, 10:03 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Apologies for missing stuff and being punch-drunk yesterday. I'm exhausted from working on this event 24/7 for the last three months. I have huge gratitude for the volunteer Referee team that stepped up yesterday and helped me do the most important job of the day -- which was to conduct the open qualifier push the brackets forward in as fair and and timely manner as possible. Guys like Somebejorn and SwonVIP and others on the team stepped up, and together we busted our asses to check-in, seed, and report the rounds yesterday.

By the time I started streaming I was already exhausted, but I sure didn't want to miss any action. As soon as I felt the Refs could handle the rest of the tournament on their own, I was happy to relinquish those duties. I'm not making excuses, we knew it was going to be an insane day. But now the day is complete, and we have an incredible line up for the main event! Cruzzi, KoreanArmy, VindicareX, Symbiosis, BartonPL, jove, DevM, and Paul.a.D join Jesulin, Luvnest, OMGPOP and Aimstrong in the main event. How could we ask for anything better than that?

I'll have time to get some sleep and prepare for the Main Event so hopefully I'll do a better job. Our priority yesterday was seeding and adjudicating, and we nailed it. The highest seed to go through out of the final 8 players is #10! The highest seed to reach the Round-of-16 was #20! We absolutely nailed it. Our seeding is why we had so many EPIC Round 6's and why we have so many great players going through.

I'd prefer to just be a caster next weekend, but the hard cold fact of the matter is that we're a small community, and we don't have many people in this community who are capable of setting up a multi-scene, multi-element broadcast and dedicating themselves to top-class observing. If you think you can do it better, join our team and show us what you've got! You guys are savvy viewers now, you're accustomed to watching e-sports produced by a professional studio where there are separate people (or in some case entire teams) for directing, observing, sound engineering, editing, refereeing, camerawork and shoutcasting. It's alot on my shoulders and I look forward to sharing those jobs (as I did with the Ref team), as we grow.
21 Sep 2015, 10:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

SNF doesn't have a dedicated cameraman/director anymore. ntd used to do that back in the day.
It sounds like most of the complaints have to do with the camera not showing the action. The overlays and between-games production takes a lot of work and practice, but with a week before the main event it may be possible to get a dedicated sender :)
21 Sep 2015, 10:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Apologies for missing stuff and being punch-drunk yesterday. I'm exhausted from working on this event 24/7 for the last three months. I have huge gratitude for the volunteer Referee team that stepped up yesterday and helped me do the most important job of the day -- which was to conduct the open qualifier push the brackets forward in as fair and and timely manner as possible. Guys like Somebejorn and SwonVIP and others on the team stepped up, and together we busted our asses to check-in, seed, and report the rounds yesterday.

By the time I started streaming I was already exhausted, but I sure didn't want to miss any action. As soon as I felt the Refs could handle the rest of the tournament on their own, I was happy to relinquish those duties. I'm not making excuses, we knew it was going to be an insane day. But now the day is complete, and we have an incredible line up for the main event! Cruzzi, KoreanArmy, VindicareX, Symbiosis, BartonPL, jove, DevM, and Paul.a.D join Jesulin, Luvnest, OMGPOP and Aimstrong in the main event. How could we ask for anything better than that?

I'll have time to get some sleep and prepare for the Main Event so hopefully I'll do a better job. Our priority yesterday was seeding and adjudicating, and we nailed it. The highest seed to go through out of 8 players is #10! We absolutely nailed it. Our seeding is why we had so many EPIC Round 6's and why we have so many great players going through.

I'd prefer to just be a caster next weekend, but the hard cold fact of the matter is that we're a small community, and we don't have many people in this community who are capable of setting up a multi-scene, multi-element broadcast and dedicating themselves to top-class observing. If you think you can do it better, join our team and show us what you've got! You guys are savvy viewers now, you're accustomed to watching e-sports produced by a professional studio where there are separate people (or in some case entire teams) for directing, observing, sound engineering, editing, refereeing, camerawork and shoutcasting. It's alot on my shoulders and I look forward to sharing those jobs (as I did with the Ref team), as we grow.

+10000000000000000000
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak