Login

russian armor

Stream quality

21 Sep 2015, 10:48 AM

SNF doesn't have a dedicated cameraman/director anymore. ntd used to do that back in the day.
It sounds like most of the complaints have to do with the camera not showing the action. The overlays and between-games production takes a lot of work and practice, but with a week before the main event it may be possible to get a dedicated sender :)

I have a beast of a rig and decent net, if needed I could give it a shot if it would help.
21 Sep 2015, 11:02 AM
Patrion 14

A little more focus on the game itself and less on decals and other stuff and the stream is perfect :)
21 Sep 2015, 11:12 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Ami I think you're doing a grand job even though admittedly yesterday was far too much zoom haha. The reason i'm posting this here to you and not in a PM is because i'd like anyone else in the community to know this and use this.

I hope i'm not overstepping the mark by telling you this Ami, but I find that it really helps to sometimes click a unit and use the ' key to make the camera follow that unit. During this time you can read the chat for some quick interaction or just create smoother camera changing angles whilst on the move. This can greatly enhance the quality of vehicle fights and flanks.

Another little thing as well that I haven't seen many of the Observer mode users doing. You can still hotkey units to numbers in the game. This makes it easy for you to snap to that unit instantly when you see it's under attack or something. This also makes much more professional camera switches like Dota2 or LoL style because there's not so much flying round the map using the border edges to find action!

Hope any of this helps! :)
21 Sep 2015, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 11:02 AMLümmel
A little more focus on the game itself and less on decals and other stuff and the stream is perfect :)

Yeah, basicly. And a little better use of camera and im sure the stream will be much more enjoyable :)
21 Sep 2015, 11:18 AM
Patrion 15

With all due respect for your opinion, but this tournament has been professionally executed.
Announcements, Stretch goals, all-star openings, quality streaming (if you don't like the casting, that's something else), hyping, in-game adds, large prizepool,.. While some might agree with the style of casting being not what they want, there is little to no discussion about the execution of the tournament itself. While I didn't play a large part in this cause of no time, I can vouch for the fact that this has been a very professional-looking tourney.

I have to tell you that your comment is clearly lacks the experience at online tournaments.

Tha fact that this whole 14 matches in arow at first day fiasco is enough to back, OCF organised very poorly. I've yet to see an online (which supposed to be 2 week event) tournament forces players to play non-stop (10 minute breaks really? ) sit in a same chair for 13-15 hours and play game after game. You cant expect good performence in the first place. Not from casters and especially from players. I was accually feeling the pain from watching the players throw the game because of the exhaustion of playing so many games in a row.

And casters were strating to go crazy aswell. At some point Rogers was laughing with no reason at all. Casters were going crazy infront of my eyes. The format is the worst format I've ever seen. Its poorly designed, rules were not consistant, players couldnt perform their top plays.

As a organiser you should be trying to provide the most quality, high skill games. Not just tanks & units crashing each other. The APM were down and the focus was lost in all players.

You had to spread the tournament in multiple days. Also you shouldnt play one half of the tournament with "broken" patch, and the other with "fixed" patch. I mean what gives? That was the chery on a top of big pile of s***storm was happened last night. It was unprofessional and visionless organisation. And I doub that I'm going to be hyped for next one again.

P.S. It wasnt directly was about your comment (as you can see) but It give me a start of point.
21 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 11:18 AMruzen

I have to tell you that your comment is clearly lacks the experience at online tournaments.

Stopped reading there after 7 years of online tournament organizing, top tier tournaments in other games included. Gotta show some respect to people you don't know shit about son.
I've never said such long hours of playing and casting is a good thing, it's just that qualifiers can take a long time.
I did not take part in the organization of this tournament and I might have organized it otherwise, but this kind of long days is a fact in online tournaments. For more information, check out the casting and playtimes for CS:GO on Dreamhack or ESL One, including the online qualifiers. Please do check out the casters like TobiWan, Tosspot and Sadokist or Thorin. They are casting from morning until dawn - with pauses.

So please, if you're going to talking about experience to a guy with tons of experience and successful tournaments about something you clearly lack experience, get some more information first and we'll talk further.
21 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM

Dis thread! :facepalm:

Ami and staff are doing a great job! Nobody is forced to watch the SNF stream. If you don´t like it, don´t watch it!

Keep in mind: No Ami and Staff -) No tournament. The choice is yours.
21 Sep 2015, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 11:57 AMCasTroy

Ami and staff are doing a great job! Nobody is forced to watch the SNF stream. If you don´t like it, don´t watch it!

Dis thread! is about improving the stream qality and im tired of "Nobody is forced to watch the SNF stream"(I KNOW THAT). Nobody is denying the good work Ami and crew have done. I'm admiring them! Maybe this thread will actually help the casters and I believe it will.
21 Sep 2015, 12:10 PM
Patrion 14

CasTroy, I don't see what is wrong with this thread at all. Discussing stuff like this is what improves things, and when it comes up again you can say "we discussed this last time, and this was agreed". COH2.org has a very passionate community and this sort of response is expected.

I think the main criticism of the tournament format was warranted. The number of sign ups was clearly far larger than expected, and it should of been pushed back, waited for the hotfix, and have players work steadily over the next few weeks.

Casting is, and always will be, subjective. Having casted previously myself back in DOW2 days I've seen how brutal it is and how difficult to both engage audience and inform audience. The problem is Ami has to choose between informing new/interested folks, or entertaining existing players and fans and sponsors. That is a fight he was never going to win. Missing critical stuff happens.

I feel that OCF has been professionally run, but there have also been a lot of mistakes, but those can be learned from and have not ruined the tournament. I do feel sorry for the players and think that some sort of apology/acknowledgement for the format would be forthcoming, especially with Ami having been on the receiving end as much as anybody else.

The fact is this is the first, genuine, large scale tournament for COH2 I have seen for a while, and I hope further events will occur and will be even greater. Thing's can only get better from here.
21 Sep 2015, 12:24 PM

CasTroy, I don't see what is wrong with this thread at all. Discussing stuff like this is what improves things, and when it comes up again you can say "we discussed this last time, and this was agreed". COH2.org has a very passionate community and this sort of response is expected.

Feedback is allways appreciated. But why didn´t OP respond to Amis post#18?

Most of all I miss understanding which I feel OP did not clearly express yet.
21 Sep 2015, 12:25 PM
Patrion 15

Stopped reading there after 7 years of online tournament organizing, top tier tournaments in other games included. Gotta show some respect to people you don't know shit about son.
I've never said such long hours of playing and casting is a good thing, it's just that qualifiers can take a long time.
I did not take part in the organization of this tournament and I might have organized it otherwise, but this kind of long days is a fact in online tournaments. For more information, check out the casting and playtimes for CS:GO on Dreamhack or ESL One, including the online qualifiers. Please do check out the casters like TobiWan, Tosspot and Sadokist or Thorin. They are casting from morning until dawn - with pauses.

So please, if you're going to talking about experience to a guy with tons of experience and successful tournaments about something you clearly lack experience, get some more information first and we'll talk further.

Unlike you I tend to understand and tolarate people. Maybe thats why I'm learing the things I do, meanwhile you are saying OCF planned and executed good.
I wont start a pissing contest but you should know that my criticism not comes from a non competetive player. I do have experience at lan and online tournaments with different kind of games(both as contestor and viewer). Ive been places too but I guess experience works in different ways.
21 Sep 2015, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 12:25 PMruzen

Unlike you I tend to understand and tolarate people. Maybe thats why I'm learing the things I do, meanwhile you are saying OCF planned and executed good.
I wont start a pissing contest but you should know that my criticism not comes from a non competetive player. I do have experience at lan and online tournaments with different kind of games(both as contestor and viewer). Ive been places too but I guess experience works in different ways.

If you start your argument with statements like you did about experience, you're not showing yourself as someone who wants to have a decent conversation about something. I tolerate people but I'm not fond of people who like to start pissing off people for no reason at all. Think about that next time you enter a forum and start quoting people who have been in the game and scene far longer than you.

I have never said the event was executed and planned perfectly, I leave that up to professionals as yourself. As I stated before I have not taken part in the organization of this event and I'm not saying it's all perfect. Long hours and exhausted casters are a factor in large scale tournaments, that's all.
21 Sep 2015, 13:15 PM
Donator 11

Guys guys, don't be too harsh. Yes Ami may miss (important events) but it's not easy trying to be a meticulous caster without being boring as F*ck. The hype Ami tries to create around games calls for a more relaxed style whilst guys like Luvnest who are top players have a trained eye for certain things. Raven, I'd not call this in any way unprofessional. We invested a lot of time in all of this and these casts are the extent of that.

I highly recommend all of you to try and cast a game for yourselves. I shared your ideas before I casted my first games, it really is harder than you think :)

+20, If you've ever casted a game "A GAME, not 2, not 3" it's incredibly taxing on your mental energy. There's sooo much going on, and your trying to keep it humurous and analytical at the same time not to bore the audience to death. It's hard, and I think Ami and the rest of the casters do a good job just providing us with a platform. I understand about the money being invested in this tourney gives you a sense of responsibility to provide to the rest of the people watching a good show but you have to show some empathy too, these guys aren't robots and they're doing this out of pure love for the players and the game. You think Ami makes a living off of this stuff? Sure he made some money off this tournament but ask yourself how long Ami's been hosting SnF... We should be grateful. Your criticism is not unwelcomed though. I'm glad people are posting their opinions because it will only make the streaming community stronger but please show some consideration for ALL the casters combined including Ami, he really does try.
21 Sep 2015, 13:55 PM

Guys this thread is about yesterday's stream. I'm sure there will be post OCF Conclusions thread where u can talk about OCF as a whole. It seems like its going a little offtopic :>
21 Sep 2015, 14:15 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 11:57 AMCasTroy

But the most important factor, no money for the tournament no tournament :)

Imho, the OCF should have started earlier during the day or should have been postponed until next week. Playing/Casting so many games is bad for your health.

Regards to Ami`s cast I thought we all got used to the way he does it.
Luvnest was a bigger problem for me to be honest, it felt like he wasn`t excited enough about the games. Maybe next time be closer to Ami level of happiness but not the same, (Ami tends to overdo it sometimes with his screams :P )
21 Sep 2015, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 11:18 AMruzen

Tha fact that this whole 14 matches in arow at first day fiasco is enough to back, OCF organised very poorly. I've yet to see an online (which supposed to be 2 week event) tournament forces players to play non-stop (10 minute breaks really? ) sit in a same chair for 13-15 hours and play game after game. You cant expect good performence in the first place. Not from casters and especially from players. I was accually feeling the pain from watching the players throw the game because of the exhaustion of playing so many games in a row.

And casters were strating to go crazy aswell. At some point Rogers was laughing with no reason at all. Casters were going crazy infront of my eyes. The format is the worst format I've ever seen. Its poorly designed, rules were not consistant, players couldnt perform their top plays.

As a organiser you should be trying to provide the most quality, high skill games. Not just tanks & units crashing each other. The APM were down and the focus was lost in all players.

You had to spread the tournament in multiple days. Also you shouldnt play one half of the tournament with "broken" patch, and the other with "fixed" patch. I mean what gives? That was the chery on a top of big pile of s***storm was happened last night. It was unprofessional and visionless organisation. And I doub that I'm going to be hyped for next one again.

P.S. It wasnt directly was about your comment (as you can see) but It give me a start of point.

Don't bash senior staff on their experience, it shows badly.

The 14 matches in a row was very harsh and in hindsight we should have had fewer matches. However, don't assume things, we regularly allowed breaks to all players of up to fifteen minutes between a game if requested. Next time an event happens of this scale we have learned that this was too long a time for players to play, but they did know they were being signed up for a long series.

There were plenty of casters earlier on, you didn't necessarily have to watch Rogers if you didn't like him. Alternatively, take it upon yourself to cast!

Rules were consistent all night and were written out and we followed these rules to the letter, so how this is inconsistent tells me you haven't really dabbled much in OCF. Again, already mentioned the situation with the players, but we had to finish the open qualifier on the day because we couldn't guarentee matches would get played as well as Relic's unreliability of their patch dates.

The fact there were big tank clashes and long fights highlights the evenness of the matchups, I fail to see how two equally matched opponents makes for a less competitive tourney so please elaborate more.

We can't tell when Relic will release patches as they only inform close to the day, and the tourney date had been set for months and people had specifically cleared their schedule for that day, so moving it would be entirely impractical. We had no idea Vickers would be bugged, we had no idea that flamers would be so imbalanced, so don't take it out on the organisers for planning this thing. Also, how do you know the hotfix will work? It's just as likely to break something else when it comes out as fix anything, you never know, Sten guns on Engineers may be super broken and we have to ban them.

Whether you choose to be hyped is your problem, it depends on how you see the tournament and how much you have to do with it. We can't force you to be hyped, but we can direct hype at you. Don't criticise us for stuff we can't control though.
21 Sep 2015, 16:03 PM
Patrion 14

But the most important factor, no money for the tournament no tournament :)

Imho, the OCF should have started earlier during the day or should have been postponed until next week. Playing/Casting so many games is bad for your health.

Regards to Ami`s cast I thought we all got used to the way he does it.
Luvnest was a bigger problem for me to be honest, it felt like he wasn`t excited enough about the games. Maybe next time be closer to Ami level of happiness but not the same, (Ami tends to overdo it sometimes with his screams :P )

How did I do in the opening ceremony then? :snfPeter: Feedback greatly appreciated :p
21 Sep 2015, 16:22 PM
Donator 11

Ami's casting was great, especially considering the sheet amount of hours he had to put in both casting and organizing this weekend. Sure, he may have gone off rails at times with zoom-ins and German lessons but you can't expect a guy to be laser-focused for like 11 straight hours. All games are uploaded anyway so you can always go back and re-watch for those details.

The one thing I agree with is the grind however, feels like we got robbed of some great play because of it. Maybe we could have had only one 4v4 game and the first couple of rounds on Saturday?
21 Sep 2015, 16:45 PM
Benefactor 355

I would somewhat agree with the initial poster. It's all about audience. For daily streams, horsing around, trolling and dissing your color guy is fun and entertaining for smaller audiences that regularly watches streams. When you reach the level of casting a major tournament and get featured on the front page of twitch, the level of competitive detail is much more desired.

Ami's style of casting is fun but there was too much off-topic fluff and interruption of a very knowledgeable color guy. After all we are watching a big tournament for the competitive reasons, so please do those quality players justice and put them over for the plays and the skill they portray on the battlefield.

For the big tournaments like OCF, I would suggest that Ami does play-by-play while a COH2 pro performs camera work and color. This setup would decrease the number of important events being missed.
21 Sep 2015, 17:00 PM

As someone who has been casting since 2007. This tourney was overall a huge success I think. Will it bring new players in? eh... hard to say. Where there some really OP things that should have been added to the ban list? Absolutely. I can't tell you how many times in 10 hours I witnessed the Volk flame insta nuke win an engagement.

Here's my problem. The people who had to play at 6am. The people who had to play 14 games in a row. You know the reason most people who lost in bracket six lost in bracket six? Fatigue. Plain and simple. If you do not agree play the game for 10 hours in a row and tell me you are even remotely competent at that point. I highly disagree with the amount of games that were forced on the players on the main day. It was way to many
brackets, and that is the reason you had fan favorites and great players eliminated. I think THAT is not good or acceptable AT ALL.

That being said, everyone worked their ass off. Well done Company of Heroes 2 Community. BTW did we even get a tweet or facebook announcement for OCF from Relic? I ask because I am hardly on social media anymore.

Cheers everyone.
-A tired caster.

Oh yeah, PS. After 10 hours, I went a little crazy so did Pounder. Shit happens when you are trying to entertain people for free.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★