Login

russian armor

Watching SPrice play Symbiosis and RE upkeep so low

21 Sep 2015, 03:25 AM

This. Watch the squad micro that whole game and see who does a better job preserving units, it is not price. That is a fact that has nothing to do with strat.

People say swarming is legitimate tactic. I would agree if they were coming from different angles and actually using tactical maneuvering. But if you watch price continually blobbed all his RE. Was there some solid micro of that blob yes and he did good job harass capping and handling so many M10's bit he bobbed pure and simple and only got away with it because of nature of upkeep of RE and the vehicle crew exploit he used on all his M10s and even his Sherman Howitzers

He did try to flank from the side a few times when he had other things storming the right side, but RE's even with BARs arent that effective on their lonesome. The flanks often lead to retreats of the flanking units with not too much effect. Its kind of the result of using RE's in the first place. Attempting to use them for DPS leads to blobbing them as for sure individual squads arent that great, which leads to the tactic always creating the result we saw in the stream. Attempting to use a similar build in other ways either wont be as effective or wont be any more effective.

The only dumb thing i saw was using decrew to gain more mp income than Symbiosis. Thats the only thing that annoyed me - the RE blobs eventually got cut down due to attrition (as well as the mass Wolverines) and the fact that USF wasnt made to last that long.

Symbiosis obviously did have better unit preservation than Sprice, but then again, he was mainly the one fielding units capable of wiping somewhat effective squads on retreat (using Tiger, Stug E) and other than Stuart, Bulldozer was the only other thing fielded that had the possibility of doing the same. Perhaps i missed a few things, i was paying more attention in the second half of the game. Dat artillery scatter, though...

Not to create a heated discussion; every player shows some cons and pros every game.
21 Sep 2015, 03:29 AM

Symbiosis obviously did have better unit preservation than Sprice, but then again, he was mainly the one fielding units capable of wiping somewhat effective squads on retreat (using Tiger, Stug E) and other than Stuart, Bulldozer was the only other thing fielded that had the possibility of doing the same. Perhaps i missed a few things, i was paying more attention in the second half of the game. Dat artillery scatter, though...

Not to create a heated discussion; every player shows some cons and pros every game.
Another aspect of this that keeps getting overlooked in the rush to adore Symbiosis- it's so much easier to preserve your units when you're the one with the Tiger that's one shotting squads on retreat all over the place. Add in the Stug and Flamer HT, and it's a miracle Price preserved anything.
21 Sep 2015, 03:34 AM

I believe common consensus is SPrice is a better player, and lost due to RNG bomb.

Ah, lelic. First you release horrible patch immediately prior to the commencing of the bigger tourney in coh history, and then dis.

Like I said in my thread, every bomb tells a story.
21 Sep 2015, 03:45 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I believe common consensus is SPrice is a better player, and lost due to RNG bomb.

Ah, lelic. First you release horrible patch immediately prior to the commencing of the bigger tourney in coh history, and then dis.

Like I said in my thread, every bomb tells a story.

price is not better than symbiosis.
21 Sep 2015, 03:47 AM

Can't we just enjoy such a great game without shitting on either player? Damn this community is so vile sometimes...
21 Sep 2015, 03:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I believe common consensus is SPrice is a better player

Common consensus? You, rabidpotato, and who?

Both of them played well and did what was necessary to maximize chances of victory, which in a tournament setting is the only thing that one can expect competitors to do.
21 Sep 2015, 03:51 AM

Can't we just enjoy such a great game without shitting on either player? Damn this community is so vile sometimes...
Human nature. We have to pick a side. The chat stream during the match was full of blithering about how much Price was a cancer on CoH, and how that RNG bomb was karma for blobbing, and on and on.

Led on by AmiPolizei. I wanted Price to win just to crush Ami's soul, listening to him gush about Symbiosis was awful. And if I had a dime for every time he zoomed in on a tank to go on and on about the special OCF decals... I'd be able to match the total prize pool.
21 Sep 2015, 03:59 AM

Both of them played well and did what was necessary to maximize chances of victory, which in a tournament setting is the only thing that one can expect competitors to do.

They're both amazing players, I just dislike hypocrisy and the fact that everybody (especially axis fanboys, idk why) bandwagons on the SPrice hate train...so I do this quasi trolling thing.
21 Sep 2015, 04:01 AM

I don't think a single person ITT who has whined about sprice or called him a noob is better than him. He manages to regularly get top 10 in all factions with non-meta play, because the meta bores him. That was an amazing match from both players, and all this self-righteous faux outrage over sprice not using a cookie-cutter build order is hilarious.

If you think that sprice is bad, then beat him regularly. If you can't, then git gud.
21 Sep 2015, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 04:01 AMTalore
I don't think a single person ITT who has whined about sPrice or called him a noob is better than him. He manages to regularly get top 10 in all factions with non-meta play, because the meta bores him. That was an amazing match from both players, and all this self-righteous faux outrage over sPrice not using a cookie-cutter build order is hilarious.

If you think that sPrice is bad, then beat him regularly. If you can't, then git gud.
+ 1000000000000000000000000
21 Sep 2015, 04:04 AM
Patrion 14

This forum has always been very vile to price, you only notice it when somebody brings up his name and the hundreds of people who want to slander him come out and say how much of a POS he is.

Don't even make me bring up what happens when price is brought up in twitch chat...
21 Sep 2015, 04:09 AM
Donator 11

People say swarming is legitimate tactic. I would agree if they were coming from different angles and actually using tactical maneuvering.

Lol man, go google what swarming is.
21 Sep 2015, 04:11 AM

Lol man, go google what swarming is.

I watched the whole game. He rarely came in at different angles just blob and flow around map
21 Sep 2015, 04:13 AM
Donator 11

I also think SP is a better player
21 Sep 2015, 04:15 AM

I believe the better man won. GG WP by both players. :thumbsup:
21 Sep 2015, 04:17 AM
Donator 11

I watched the whole game. He rarely came in at different angles just blob and flow around map

I think someone already explained why he didn't flank much. Swarming is not generally pretty. Have you seen black hawk down?
21 Sep 2015, 04:22 AM

While they may be RNG Bombs, Price knew what they did, knew where he aimed them, knew the danger zone, and took the risk. The risk was low, but ultimately he paid the Price :sibHyena:
21 Sep 2015, 04:24 AM

While they may be RNG Bombs, Price knew what they did, knew where he aimed them, knew the danger zone, and took the risk. The risk was low, but ultimately he paid the Price :sibHyena:
Clever pun, but he had no choice but to be in that VP, conceding that star even for a moment meant a loss at that point. He couldn't pull back and wait it out.
21 Sep 2015, 04:26 AM

They're both amazing players, I just dislike hypocrisy and the fact that everybody (especially axis fanboys, idk why) bandwagons on the SPrice hate train...so I do this quasi trolling thing.

But not everyone is doing that too be fair. I was trying to make a point while also saying that he clearly has a well thought meta strategy behind it j just think they strat flies in the face of the COH values such as they are :)

It's about methods not skill. He's clearly a skilled player and can beat 90% of this board based on his ranking and he would stomp me at my current skill level
21 Sep 2015, 04:26 AM

Clever pun, but he had no choice but to be in that VP, conceding that star even for a moment meant a loss at that point. He couldn't pull back and wait it out.

That's the risk he took when he called for the bombs.

"But if he didn't call for the bombs he would have lost."

Then he lost the game anyway, the bombs were just a high risk second chance that did not pay off.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★