Login

russian armor

Rome 2 total war

6 Sep 2013, 19:24 PM
Donator 11

Idk what BF3 you were playing, the launch problems it had were minor.

SimCity is, of course, a giant piece of shit. Just like Rome II.

CS:GO had it's issues but it was a fully functioning game that sold what was promised. It's improved now but it was complete at launch.

Never played Witcher

D3 is just a disgusting piece of shit as well.

I didn't play HL2 from launch.

This is not "life". This is a really shitty development process encouraged by you.

I am not arguing that every single thing should be tested, I am arguing they test their game FULL STOP. If it is not fit for release, I argue DO NOT RELEASE.

There was a time where when games were released, we as consumers could expect them to work. We couldn't guarantee they'd be good, but we could guarantee we'd get a fully functional product to a certain standard of quality. This worked because if someone released a game that wasn't up to standard, nobody fucking bought it and nobody said "Oh well, we'll just have to deal with it!".

Developers today have more professionals, larger teams, and more tools to work with than they ever had before, yet the quality of the products being released are progressively worse as time goes on. This is not "life", this is called a shitty work ethic and a poor production ethos, and it is being fully endorsed by people who buy these games and make excuses for developers as if they're some sort of infallible entity.

While I'm generally a patient person as far as development teams go, my patience is non existent if the product is, firstly, not as advertised, and secondly, not even a consistently working game.

This is false advertisement, blatant false advertisement. Rome II is not a complete game, yet it is being sold as one. Rome II is selling a certain set of system requirements, yet it is entirely incorrect and misinformative.

BF3 problems minor ???

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654625041970555/

97 pages of replies.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/10/26/battlefield-3-suffers-severe-launch-issues-players-outraged/

Games have gone a long way since the mid 90s, they are not as simple as they were back then either.

Simply stop buying them at day 1 and maybe that will force the publishers and developers to sale them in advance while it's in production like for Kickstarter games example: Star Citizen. So they will advertise it as a non finish game and you decide if you pay or not.

When I pre-ordered COH2, even though there was a BETA, I expected the game wouldn't be balanced on day 1 and would still have some bugs but I love this game too much to not support them.

All I'm saying is, you can't expect games to be perfect or sometimes even good on day 1 and yes you can say it's false advertisement in a way but then if you feel so cheated, like I said, just stop buying on day 1 and wait for reviews on forums.

You cannot launch Windows and expect it to have no patch ? same with Apple and IOS and iPhones, this is way I say that this is life.

Rome 2 is currently the #2 game on steam being played right now, I can't imagine that an unplayable game is being played by so many people at once. Some of my friends on steam have been playing this since launch non stop.
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 6 Sep 2013, 20:08 PM

I've only played campaign and haven't had any issues. But I usually autoresolve the fights.
7 Sep 2013, 10:06 AM
7 Sep 2013, 11:04 AM

Permanently Banned
i got the Rome 2 too aarrgh and my problem is its running shitty on my laptop on low settings however i have the min requirements. need patch right?
7 Sep 2013, 16:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

patience is required i know this may be anew concept. Wait its not shogun 2 had a shit tons of problems i couldn't even play campapgin on release. (quite a ways into release coop was still broken.) but now no one notices (its quote on quote very good) cause it works really well. then theres empire that game was broken as shit on release.

hell even those old console games before updates/online conncetions had bugs quite a few and were fixed in later discs produced often times.
7 Sep 2013, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2013, 16:21 PMWiFiDi
patience is required i know this may be anew concept. Wait its not shogun 2 had a shit tons of problems i couldn't even play campapgin on release. (quite a ways into release coop was still broken.) but now no one notices (its quote on quote very good) cause it works really well. then theres empire that game was broken as shit on release.

hell even those old console games before updates/online conncetions had bugs quite a few and were fixed in later discs produced often times.

Quote UNquote.

Shogun 2 started way better than Rome 1, Empire or Napoleon. I got it mostly because it seemed promisingly well-optimised compared to those games.

From the Anon Dev Review:

It is my professional opinion that CA have taken what was an immersive, detailed, tactical, and market leading series and have turned it into a better looking but fundamentally simplified and dumbed down version of its formal self. They have seriously damaged the tactical element to this game, taken out tried and tested elements and have replaced them with arcade elements.

This is a bizarrely perfect description of the change from Medieval 1 to the first Rome. Waiting for a sale for Rome 2 myself, I think.
7 Sep 2013, 22:40 PM

Well bugs are expected in all games on day one , even more so in modern games , whats not expected is complete absence of playtesting before day 1 , a prime example of which is the AI (ffs even your own client states sometimes refuse trade with you and when it seems like your consolidating your position the rest of the world makes peace and attack you MVGame not to speak of the AI taking its army away from the city when your stack is litteraly next to it :D ).

Furthermore , its the strategical element of the game which has been dumbed down as well because of "streamlining the game" and some dumb decisions like i have been playing the campaign of carthage and in the botom half of spain and the whole western african coast there isnt one province that produces olive oil and there are only 2 resources in the whole spanish peninsular .

Ah the worst of it is that they have spend an enormous amount of on money on PR instead of making a trully good game . Its not a bad game and personally i think its enjoyable but i have played total war mods that are a lot better than Rome 2 and that says a lot .

Lets hope the modders save the total war series once more and that Sega fires some of CAs game designers and hire them instead

[img="https://www.google.gr/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=uaX-sH6XKhsSmM&tbnid=6N4bIvYjL5ArTM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Ftrajan's-column&ei=5KorUoCaFOOy0QXn9IHgAg&bvm=bv.51773540,d.d2k&psig=AFQjCNHUBgkHllg1-xbOyH0f0WZ8eRq3lA&ust=1378679893155694" alt=""]

A prophetic facepalm on Trajans column
9 Sep 2013, 05:06 AM

Holy shit. Cannot stop laughing.

9 Sep 2013, 05:48 AM

That was an epic AI Rant Basilone. If the game is that bad I may wait a little to get on board until it's patched. Funny shit though.
9 Sep 2013, 06:18 AM

Hearing all this is a major fucking bummer. I seriously loved Rome 1, sunk at least a hundred or so hours into it easy play as every faction, playing LAN battles with my friends, the expansions etc. Seeing how broken this is on launch is just sad.

I know developing a game is surely a nightmare and issues will happen when you release it in an open market, but how is the AI seriously that broken? Like did they release the wrong version of the game? I can't even see how the publishers had the company release it in the version I'm seeing. The publisher wants to make profits, and they won't make nearly as much if the game gets terrible word of mouth from it's core fan base.

This sucks man, this is such a bummer. Fuck. Hope GTA V isn't like this on release.
9 Sep 2013, 06:54 AM

Despite its problems I still enjoy the game a lot.
9 Sep 2013, 07:26 AM

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining. I've had the game for a while and the only technical problem I've had was a siege weapon following my unit. Not the worst thing and a little funny.

Overall I've been very satisfied with my purchase.
9 Sep 2013, 09:35 AM
Benefactor 115

very happy with the game as well
10 Sep 2013, 12:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Enjoying the game too, especially the multiplayer campaign.
11 Sep 2013, 01:08 AM

So far its been great, dont get turned off by all teh haterz who be hatin
11 Sep 2013, 03:54 AM

I be hatin'. Don't pick this up til Christmas.
11 Sep 2013, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2013, 03:54 AMKolaris
I be hatin'. Don't pick this up til Christmas.

This... only to need to see the youtube video's of the game especially the AI in both campaign and battles (circle jerking, building only light troops, attacking full garrisoned cities with one unit ect ect.

BTW: WTF is it with the recent trend of companies releasing games that are clearly unfinished (some not even worthy of a BETA title) and I'm not talking about balance. I mean ffs when Arma III went into early release at least it stated ALPHA. I mean sry but I'm not giving you 50-60 Eu for an unfinished product that will look like who knows what "when" it's finally functional...

EDIT:

This pretty much sums it up

11 Sep 2013, 19:39 PM

I have a pretty high tolerance for buggy TW games as long as the core is fun enough- I played the shit out of empire right from launch through all the crashing and bugs and glitches....

But Rome 2 is taking things too far for me, right now. I am, however, having a fucking blast with Napoleon :P It's like Empire, but it works!
11 Sep 2013, 19:56 PM

Maybe I'm just lucky but I have yet to experience some gamebreaking bugs. The Game runs smoothly for me on max settings and even the AI overall seems to do better than in previous TW games.
11 Sep 2013, 21:06 PM

How is multiplayer?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight