Login

russian armor

dbmb has been removed from OCF

20 Sep 2015, 14:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

dbmb aka Razh has been removed from OCF for these reasons:

• We have discovered via IP checks that user "dbmb" and user "Razh" are the same person. Having multiple accounts on coh2.org is prohibited by our Site Rules.
    1.5 Multiple Accounts
    Creating multiple accounts is not allowed and all multiple accounts will be permanently banned.

• User "Razh" had his account reset by Relic Entertainment in April 2014, for using third-party software in automatch.

Due to the sensitive nature of this action, we are hereby issuing a gag order across our entire COH2.ORG website until today's tournament games are complete. Our priority is to deliver a fair tournament to our community, which has so generously contributed its Total Prize Pool. Discussing this matter before the conclusion of today's games would impede on that priority. This thread is now locked, and we will lock and make invisible any other threads or posts that reference this matter during the tournament. Once today's games are complete, we will unlock this thread and allow discussion of this matter, with a strict reminder that in doing so, all users must adhere to our Site Rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
24 Sep 2015, 12:23 PM

not saying he didn't have multiple accounts... but was there any evidence BESIDES the IP addresses? i don't think i have to explain how flawed recognition via ip address is.
24 Sep 2015, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 12:23 PMcr4wler
not saying he didn't have multiple accounts... but was there any evidence BESIDES the IP addresses? i don't think i have to explain how flawed recognition via ip address is.

Oh boy this thread is open...

Anyways... How is recognition by IP address flawed? Unless some one else was purposely spoofing his IP address or something goofy.

Besides, dbmb openly admitted that he was razh. Hell, dbmb stood for "don't ban me bro" because razh had been stat wiped.
24 Sep 2015, 12:44 PM

Alright, so was there actually ANY evidence that he was using maphacks THIS time around?

I mean come on, just because he cheated once shouldn't mean he gets disqualified for life...
24 Sep 2015, 12:47 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 12:44 PMBurts

I mean come on, just because he cheated once shouldn't mean he gets disqualified for life...

Thats exactly what it means. You cheat once you should get lifetime ban. Once a cheater always a cheater. There should be zero tolerance for cheaters.
24 Sep 2015, 12:53 PM

Thats exactly what it means. You cheat once you should get lifetime ban. Once a cheater always a cheater. There should be zero tolerance for cheaters.

This exactly.

I'll let the admins chime in on your question though @burts.
24 Sep 2015, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 12:36 PMCieZ

Oh boy this thread is open...

Anyways... How is recognition by IP address flawed? Unless some one else was purposely spoofing his IP address or something goofy.

Besides, dbmb openly admitted that he was razh. Hell, dbmb stood for "don't ban me bro" because razh had been stat wiped.

i, for example, know for a fact that the IP i have is being used by tens of thousands of users at the same time. if only one of those users decides to pick up coh2 and create a coh2.org account, i run the risk of getting banned for multi accounts.

so just to make sure... dbmb was removed because multi account... and razh has been temp banned?
24 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

if we look this from the side of justice, yes the guy should be panished.

But even in real life a criminal returns to the civilized society after the year of his immprisonment even if he commits the most terrible crime.

For me we shall give the guy a second chance and allow him to participate in future tourneys, events, in the forum etc
24 Sep 2015, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 12:53 PMcr4wler

i, for example, know for a fact that the IP i have is being used by tens of thousands of users at the same time. if only one of those users decides to pick up coh2 and create a coh2.org account, i run the risk of getting banned for multi accounts.

so just to make sure... dbmb was removed because multi account... and razh has been temp banned?

Conspiracy is in the air!! Maybe the NSA hacked his rig to play some rounds CoH2... mate ... Youre trying to compare Apples with Oranges here...sure, two persons can share the same IPv4, but to be honest, youre comparing one large group of numbers (IPs) with another very large (The Users). If you even everything out the chance of this to happen is too slim to even be noteworthy...
24 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 12:53 PMcr4wler

What the heck kind of ISP do you have that is giving your IP address to tens of thousands of people? I'm not sure that's right. Unless you're all behind some mega router with amazing NAT/PAT capabilities...
24 Sep 2015, 13:04 PM

Conspiracy is in the air!! Maybe the NSA hacked his rig to play some rounds CoH2... mate ... Youre trying to compare Apples with Oranges here...sure, two persons can share the same IPv4, but to be honest, youre comparing one large group of numbers (IPs) with another very large (The Users). If you even everything out the chance of this to happen is too slim to even be noteworthy...

this is only true for dynamically allocated ip addresses, in which case an ip ban is completely useless anyway. my case still stands.
24 Sep 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:03 PMCieZ

What the heck kind of ISP do you have that is giving your IP address to tens of thousands of people? I'm not sure that's right. Unless you're all behind some mega router with amazing NAT/PAT capabilities...

let me put it this way: have you ever checked all the relic forum members for multi-accounting? i'm fairly certain that at some point all those accounts have posted from the same ip... there's a multitude of ways for a big amount of users to have the same ip address, proxy servers being one of them. proxy servers also are a means to bypass ip bans fairly easily.
24 Sep 2015, 13:13 PM

Well at least this guy lived up to his clans goals and ideals, we all Remember the Name Kappa
24 Sep 2015, 13:13 PM

Lol wut? Sport athletes dont get lifetime bans for cheating with doping, unless being caught multiple times.

Pretty much nobody ever imposes insane draconian rules like these.

Sorry, but i think that just straight up banning one of the best coh 2 players is just complete bullshit, no matter how you slice it.

Unless of course someone actually has proper evidence that he is indeed cheating.
24 Sep 2015, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:04 PMcr4wler

this is only true for dynamically allocated ip addresses, in which case an ip ban is completely useless anyway. my case still stands.

Dont get me wrong, it is statisticly possible for this to occur. But the numbers are so large that its impossible to happen more than once for coh2.org. If IP logging is enabled and the Admin sees a pattern of those two accounts within a given timeframe (hours, days, weeks), its statisticly impossible that two individual persons can have the same IP twice. Therefor, one person is using two accounts.
24 Sep 2015, 13:22 PM

Dont get me wrong, it is statisticly possible for this to occur. But the numbers are so large that its impossible to happen more than once for coh2.org. If IP logging is enabled and the Admin sees a pattern of those two accounts within a given timeframe (hours, days, weeks), its statisticly impossible that two individual persons can have the same IP twice. Therefor, one person is using two accounts.

this is plain wrong. as i said, i share the (static!) IP address i currently use with thousands of users at any given time. if only one of those users decides to create a coh2.org account, it would look like multi-accounts. the reasons as for why this could happen are, as i have previously mentioned, manyfold.
24 Sep 2015, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:22 PMcr4wler

this is plain wrong. as i said, i share the (static!) IP address i currently use with thousands of users at any given time. if only one of those users decides to create a coh2.org account, it would look like multi-accounts. the reasons as for why this could happen are, as i have previously mentioned, manyfold.

You and me dont have an insight in the Logfiles that showed the Account access. So only RNGeezus knows who is right, mate. But, as I said, a random access to two accounts with the same IP is statisticly possible. If it happenes within 15 mins over lets say a 7day range each day, dont you think this is a bit too suspicious??
24 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:13 PMBurts

Lol wut? Sport athletes dont get lifetime bans for cheating with doping, unless being caught multiple times.

And this should be changed. It's a shame for every sport.
24 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:10 PMcr4wler

let me put it this way: have you ever checked all the relic forum members for multi-accounting? i'm fairly certain that at some point all those accounts have posted from the same ip... there's a multitude of ways for a big amount of users to have the same ip address, proxy servers being one of them. proxy servers also are a means to bypass ip bans fairly easily.

Yes as far as I know relic has a single public IP address, at least from what I've seen. And I know how PAT/NAT works, the fact of the matter remains that he openly admitted to being Raz. I even have it screenshot at home if people still don't believe. But the odds of two different users logging in from the same ip back to back and both those users happening to be Raz & dbmb and them being different people is astronomically low. Plus both would have to be on the same ISP, in the same area... That's a lot of coincidences.

You're assuming that there are two different people that both play coh2, live in the same area, use the same ISP, both are under investigation for cheating/having cheated, one openly admits to being the other and yet they're not the same person... I don't buy it.
24 Sep 2015, 13:28 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:13 PMBurts

They dont but they should. Stop making law/sport comparisons. Its organizers own right to exclude anyone from participating. They banned him and i like they did. ZERO tolerance as i said.
Top player or not. He cheated and thats all that matters. Image he wins the tourney with a big money prize like OCF. There would always be a black spot on him, tourney and organizers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Mexico 23
unknown 17
Germany 542
New Zealand 18
Peru 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias