Login

russian armor

Faction Manpower Income comparison

19 Sep 2015, 22:43 PM

ever since the faction comparison chart came up it got me wondering which of the 5 factions have the most MP income. based off experiences, OKW seems to have the most MP income of the five ironically according to the chart their average army size is suppose to be "smaller". i think that dubious honor of the most MP income should go to the soviets as their average army size is supposedly "massive". USF should be have the second most MP income and the other 3 well thats up to the devs...
19 Sep 2015, 22:52 PM

OKW gets bonus MP because Volks are very cost efficient, most of their troops are effective at long range, and it is challenging to push an OKW player due to flak cannons/forward HQ.

19 Sep 2015, 22:56 PM

OKW gets bonus MP because Volks are very cost efficient, most of their troops are effective at long range, and it is challenging to push an OKW player due to flak cannons/forward HQ.

is that good or bad?
19 Sep 2015, 23:31 PM

I do love the irony of OKW getting the most manpower, given that, well, manpower was entirely their problem in the real world, hence the crapload of automatic weapons and somewhat-trained Volksgrenadiers.
19 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

OKW so aggressive :loco:
20 Sep 2015, 00:36 AM

All factions have the same mp income. Don't use terms like 'higher mp income' because it's not true.

OKW offers just a build that doesn't bleed a lot of mp, it goes like this 3x volks 2x Mg34 2x Raketenwerfer.
You are not obligated to play like this, if you use several sturmpioneers, jägers or obers you just bleed with okw like with every other faction.
In addition you can't build caches as okw, which is another reason that leads to a sometimes high mp float.

I personally stopped floating a lot of mp as okw since raketenwerfer and isg got buffed. It's always useful to have several of those on the field
20 Sep 2015, 01:20 AM

All factions have the same mp income. Don't use terms like 'higher mp income' because it's not true.

OKW offers just a build that doesn't bleed a lot of mp, it goes like this 3x volks 2x Mg34 2x Raketenwerfer.
You are not obligated to play like this, if you use several sturmpioneers, jägers or obers you just bleed with okw like with every other faction.
In addition you can't build caches as okw, which is another reason that leads to a sometimes high mp float.

I personally stopped floating a lot of mp as okw since raketenwerfer and isg got buffed. It's always useful to have several of those on the field

very true but since volks can buy panzershrecks and they can be trained at T0 that makes them a very cost effective and efficient unit. common sense 101 it would be stupid not to buy them dont you agree?
20 Sep 2015, 01:41 AM
Patrion 28

because of the way upkeep works smaller armies have a higher mp income.
20 Sep 2015, 01:45 AM

very true but since volks can buy panzershrecks and they can be trained at T0 that makes them a very cost effective and efficient unit. common sense 101 it would be stupid not to buy them dont you agree?

Would be always stupid not to build the mainline infantry. Unless volks don't get reworked into more powerful and more expensive units (without schreck tough) volks blobbers will always have a lesser mp bleed than other factions.
20 Sep 2015, 01:49 AM

Teching up is also a whole lot cheaper for some factions (manpower wise).
20 Sep 2015, 02:24 AM

because of the way upkeep works smaller armies have a higher mp income.

based of the chart relic provided us it should be the other way around not where the smaller armies get higher mp income but the larger armies like the soviets and USF
20 Sep 2015, 02:52 AM

I would love it if you could actually play okw aggressively. Is it just me or is relic delusional with this faction?
20 Sep 2015, 06:21 AM

I would love it if you could actually play okw aggressively. Is it just me or is relic delusional with this faction?

lol OKW and OST shud have heavy MP bleeds the way brits do for most if not all of their units because according to the chart their average army sizes are suppose to be "small". instead i see a shit load of axis units in my matches against human opponents especially in the late game phase
20 Sep 2015, 06:39 AM

lol OKW and OST shud have heavy MP bleeds the way brits do for most if not all of their units because according to the chart their average army sizes are suppose to be "small". instead i see a shit load of axis units in my matches against human opponents especially in the late game phase

Smaller army-------> Lower upkeep----------> More MP.

If they have shit load of units, they won't have shit load of MP. Simple as that. This is true for all factions. Keep in mind that "Army Size" mean Popcap usage. You might see an OKW player with 5 Volks and 2 Rakketens and a JPzIV. It's not a very big army. But a USF force of 3 Rifles, one officer, one ambulance, 2 jacksons and an AA HT is a big army (I have not calculated the exact popcap of the examples so I might be wrong, but you get the idea). This is why USF sometimes have to abuse popcap.
20 Sep 2015, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 06:39 AMRMMLz

Smaller army-------> Lower upkeep----------> More MP.

If they have shit load of units, they won't have shit load of MP. Simple as that. This is true for all factions. Keep in mind that "Army Size" mean Popcap usage. You might see an OKW player with 5 Volks and 2 Rakketens and a JPzIV. It's not a very big army. But a USF force of 3 Rifles, one officer, one ambulance, 2 jacksons and an AA HT is a big army (I have not calculated the exact popcap of the examples so I might be wrong, but you get the idea). This is why USF sometimes have to abuse popcap.

lots of stuff needs fixing from the looks of it -_-
21 Sep 2015, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 23:31 PMHawking
I do love the irony of OKW getting the most manpower, given that, well, manpower was entirely their problem in the real world, hence the crapload of automatic weapons and somewhat-trained Volksgrenadiers.

lol if they are supposed to be a depleted force like the brits then they shud have heavier MP bleeds like the brits while USF and Soviets have lower MP bleeds as their army compositions are supposed to be massive
21 Sep 2015, 07:39 AM

OKW faction design is fairly poor...

But it only appears that they have alot of MP because its the only one they dont have a penalty on the income...
+ Their teching is cheaper than the other factions in terms of MP (and fuel), but again thats because they need the manpower since they lack fuel and ammo income.

All MP income is based on what % of your population cap is being used, and is the same across all factions.

Imo... OKW and USF could both do with a redesign (to be similar to PE and US in Coh1), but it will never happen. Just gotta make do with how theve set it up. No point in making the 500th thread about it.

21 Sep 2015, 07:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 07:39 AMCorsin
OKW faction design is fairly poor...

But it only appears that they have alot of MP because its the only one they dont have a penalty on the income...
+ Their teching is cheaper than the other factions in terms of MP (and fuel), but again thats because they need the manpower since they lack fuel and ammo income.

All MP income is based on what % of your population cap is being used, and is the same across all factions.

Imo... OKW and USF could both do with a redesign (to be similar to PE and US in Coh1), but it will never happen. Just gotta make do with how theve set it up. No point in making the 500th thread about it.

lol relic should just try something, anything instead i dont know what they are doing
21 Sep 2015, 07:48 AM

OKW faction has been design around high cost / high value units like Obers (stock), Fall/Jaeg (doctrinal) + Panzerfusillers (doctrinal).
Problem is OKW doesn't really need them to stay competitive, you can spam Volks + raken + ISG until getting your heavies and win the game.

I remember someone saying at the beginning Volks reinforcement cost was design to increase with their veterancy. It was probably not manageable.
21 Sep 2015, 07:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 07:48 AMEsxile
OKW faction has been design around high cost / high value units like Obers (stock), Fall/Jaeg (doctrinal) + Panzerfusillers (doctrinal).
Problem is OKW doesn't really need them to stay competitive, you can spam Volks + raken + ISG until getting your heavies and win the game.

I remember someone saying at the beginning Volks reinforcement cost was design to increase with their veterancy. It was probably not manageable.

they shud have been expensive on the get-go if it's that bad
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 51
Poland 11
United States 13
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L