The way to buff adv. warfare IL-2 strafe
Option Distribution Votes
64%
20%
16%
Total votes: 61
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
19 Sep 2015, 16:56 PM

So the 180 muni loiter is pretty much fine, but it prioritizes vehicles and doesn't really do damage to them, so maybe make it prioritize infantry and reduce cost a bit (160 muni?)

The advanced warfare strafe however (90 muni) is stupidly bad for its cost: it can sometimes damage infantry, sometimes suppresses them and it never does anything to vehicles. It can't really make infantry retreat like the stuka strafe, and it never kills support weapons. There are 2 different approaches to fixing it: increasing damage/strafe width like the cas AT strafe or giving it AOE suppression like the cas AI strafe.

Thoughts?

19 Sep 2015, 16:58 PM

It should get a damdge increase but not to much. It used to wipe infantry even if they retreat.
19 Sep 2015, 17:08 PM

It needs damage increase, it doesn't do anything well. It kinda can scratch up light vehicles, slightly suppresses infantry. Much too unreliable. I think both both abilities should be buffed.
19 Sep 2015, 17:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I killed a kubel with it once. Anything else is too strong to kill, infantry rarely lose more than 2 models.
19 Sep 2015, 17:37 PM

if you mean the il-2 23mm strafe then i think the dmg is fine, but i dont know how its cost is balanced cuz especially with okw i had some crucial losses of Obersoldaten or Sturmpioneers (which i often use) and the strafe killed many of them inflicting heavy losses... i had no matches against this doctrine after the squad playcemant change.

all in all underused cuz of price i guess
19 Sep 2015, 19:29 PM

Needs a tiny but more damage, nothing drastic.
19 Sep 2015, 19:45 PM

if you mean the il-2 23mm strafe then i think the dmg is fine, but i dont know how its cost is balanced cuz especially with okw i had some crucial losses of Obersoldaten or Sturmpioneers (which i often use) and the strafe killed many of them inflicting heavy losses... i had no matches against this doctrine after the squad playcemant change.

all in all underused cuz of price i guess

Most of the time it kills 2 models max, it is almost never worth it cost.
19 Sep 2015, 19:50 PM

JU strafe can kill full health Sherman.
Sturmovnik cannot even penetrate Stug :foreveralone:
20 Sep 2015, 00:52 AM

IL strafe can kills panzerwerfers and stukas. Other than that I don't see much off a use. Compared to brit abilities most other faction abilities are overpriced or up.

Just compare major arty with the brit smoke nade arty.
20 Sep 2015, 01:41 AM

JU strafe can kill full health Sherman.
Sturmovnik cannot even penetrate Stug :foreveralone:

Isnt the entire point of the il-2 to be AI tool while the JU is the AT tool.
20 Sep 2015, 01:44 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 01:41 AMZyllen

Isnt the entire point of the il-2 to be AI tool while the JU is the AT tool.

23mm works against both target types while the stuka is seperated into the 37mm and machine gun strafes.
20 Sep 2015, 03:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

SLIGHTLY UP but i don't want it to be what it used to be.

*Instant retreat and still getting wiped in the way back to base T_T

I always thought that at this point it was a "balanced" ability, and rather the rest were overperforming. #LessSkillPlanes
20 Sep 2015, 04:19 AM

SLIGHTLY UP but i don't want it to be what it used to be.

*Instant retreat and still getting wiped in the way back to base T_T

Sorry, that's not how relic operates. IL-2 can either unravel the very fabric of reality, or it will fire rubber bullets. There is no middle ground.
20 Sep 2015, 04:25 AM
Patrion 14

Since we are making all the loiter abilities into two planes, why don't we slightly nerf damage, and give the loiter two planes. Then it will be more of an area ability.
20 Sep 2015, 04:37 AM

instead of a straight damage buff why not some extra range and 1 more pass ? so basicaly turn it into an area denial tool instead of the soviet p47 strike ;p
20 Sep 2015, 04:49 AM

IL strafe can kills panzerwerfers and stukas. Other than that I don't see much off a use.

The sad thing is that it won't even do that 90% of the time.
20 Sep 2015, 05:13 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 04:37 AMVinyl41
instead of a straight damage buff why not some extra range and 1 more pass ? so basicaly turn it into an area denial tool instead of the soviet p47 strike ;p

planes are not area denial tools. they cost way too much and you can't see the area that they effect. they're also not effective if they don't do enough damage.
20 Sep 2015, 06:59 AM

The rest are OP if you ask me. Specially the Brit one (totally shuts you down).

Nerf all skill planes, buff their price and reduce CD.
20 Sep 2015, 09:38 AM

Lower muni cost to slightly above pinplane level or boost damage so its actually worth all that muni one have to waste on this rubber bullet shooting plane.
20 Sep 2015, 10:05 AM

The IL-2 23mm planes are trash.

Loiter:
- Great vs light vehicles that barely exist in the lategame.
- Mediocre anti-infantry damage that will cause some suppression and is likely to kill 1 to 2 models of a squad in a pass (though sometimes more).
- Poor anti-tank capabilities, will score tons of hits but struggles to penetrate even the rear armor of medium tanks.
- 1 plane so easy to shoot down.

Singe strafe:
- Does not hit anything ever; you can drop this 90 ammo ability on top of a stationary AT gun and it will receive 0 damage. Very likely to do nothing at all even when the opponent does not dodge it.

Compared to the other loiters:
- P47: Great vs medium/heavy tanks so it is excellent in the lategame.
- Stuka AT loiter: Great vs Medium/heavy tanks, and is also MUCH MORE lethal than the IL-2 strafe against infantry, light vehicles and weapon teams. It even suppresses/pins squads it hits. Probably the single best ability for cost in the game (At least for sov/wehr/USA/OKW, don't know about UKF).
- Pinplane loiter: Doesn't have impressive damage either but is unique in that it insta-pins in a large area rather than only suppressing the squad it hits. It also is available a lot sooner than the other loiters.
- I don't know how good UKF loiters are.

Considering the performance of the IL-2 it either needs a cost and CP decrease or a stats buff. Perhaps giving it a bit more suppression and cutting the CPs down to 9.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★