Login

russian armor

Should Sov and Ost have Forward Retreat Points?

17 Sep 2015, 01:37 AM

Ok now with the brits added to the game, 3 of the 5 factions have forward retreat points (FRP). Leaving just the OST and Sov without. Now in a one v ones this is not a big deal (until you play on some 2v2 maps). But, in larger team games and larger maps the advantage that is gained from FRP cant be denied.

There is not much to really say as to why the OST or Sov shouldn't have a FRP. What are your thoughts?

As for how this can be achieved, I think we should look at the OST, and Sov halftracks. I say add a 120 ammo upgrade, that gives the half tracks the ability to lock down and have units retreat to it. Also they will get the same AOE heal that the ambience for USF has.

Anyone else have another idea for how the OST and Soviet FRP.
17 Sep 2015, 01:51 AM
17 Sep 2015, 02:04 AM

I think Ostheer's forward point should be the Command Bunker, would give incentive to actually build it. I'm not sure what Soviets could have, I was going to suggest a Commissar with ZiS-5 Truck, but that's just a carbon copy of USF.

Maybe a ZiS-5 with that can 'lock down' like the Opel Blitz, but instead will deploy Medics (healing) and Commissar (retreat).

I like the bunker idea. making it to were you need both the renforce upgrade and the med bunker would ok in my eyes. 300 manpower and 120 ammo.

As for the soviet I still think the M5 Halftrack is the only real unique way to give the Sov a FRP.
17 Sep 2015, 02:04 AM

can some one lock this thread. Made two by mistake.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★