Login

russian armor

About mortars and panthers

15 Sep 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 13:52 PMrejfor
I'm bitching about Panther because it has no any weak spots like any other vehicle in game (don't count Brits, they're new and need to be balanced). This bastard is strong, fast (even faster than t34), has great armor and can deal with everything. Smoke and blitz make it even stronger. I'll post replay in 2-3 hours.

panther weakness is the insane amount of fuel required for teching and his cost, and that he is shit against infantry, Smoke is DOCTRINAL, Blitz have been nerfed, and dont work with engine damage
15 Sep 2015, 13:59 PM

I'm bitching about Panther because it has no any weak spots like any other vehicle in game (don't count Brits, they're new and need to be balanced). This bastard is strong, fast (even faster than t34), has great armor and can deal with everything. Smoke and blitz make it even stronger. I'll post replay in 2-3 hours.

It has low rear armour, low dps & costs a lot. I personally stopped using panthers because they take too much resources and get easily fought off via su85, jackson & firefly. JP4 is a way better.
15 Sep 2015, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 13:55 PMKatitof

USF and soviets weren't removed from the game you know.

And what incentive is there to use Panther's against those factions....? High Pen but very low DPS was cool and all back when heavies weren't limited and you needed it versus multiple IS2's but right now the Panther has no reason to exist while the JPIV does.
15 Sep 2015, 14:08 PM

I got the feeling that you're talking about the OKW Panther, which can kill infantry quite good. Ostheer panther is just a piece of crap against infantry.

what's the stat for OKW panther that make it can kill infantry?..
may i know.. :help:

cause all i know that all panther are TD, unless they have Comet Stat
15 Sep 2015, 14:10 PM

what's the stat for OKW panther that make it can kill infantry?..
may i know.. :help:

cause all i know that all panther are TD, unless they have Comet Stat

The OKW Panther has better MG's, but personally I don't let it stay off target vehicles because the 7.5 reload on the main gun means if it's shooting at infantry then it can easily get caught between reloads.
15 Sep 2015, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 13:55 PMBlalord

Smoke is DOCTRINAL, Blitz have been nerfed, and dont work with engine damage

+1
15 Sep 2015, 14:19 PM
Donator 11

Smoke isn't a force field you know. Just git gud at attacking ground and it's almost as if the smoke doesn't exist. Magical right?
15 Sep 2015, 14:20 PM

Smoke isn't a force field you know. Just git gud at attacking ground and it's almost as if the smoke doesn't exist. Magical right?

Firefly and Comet have a different opinion on that matter :luvCarrot:
15 Sep 2015, 16:35 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/40435/panther-f1

Take this. Look at desciption. If you tell me that Panther is ok after this replay... well, you must be an Axis fanboy.
15 Sep 2015, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 16:35 PMrejfor
http://www.coh2.org/replay/40435/panther-f1

Take this. Look at desciption. If you tell me that Panther is ok after this replay... well, you must be an Axis fanboy.

DAT LOGIK THO
15 Sep 2015, 16:48 PM

I agree and disagree with some things. But what I do agree with is Panther's front armor is ridiculous. Honestly as an allied player I rather face a Tiger than a Panther. Because if you play against a good axis player all they have to do is put obers in front of a panther and win. AS LONG as they don't let that panther's side armor show. Panther front armor just always bounces or does minimal dmg. A Tiger can't compare to a panthers front armor in this game imo. It's bad against infantry, but what axis player doesn't support their panther with their infantry?

As USF for example all you get is paper troops and paper jacksons. All it takes is one sneaky camo'ed rocket whefer to take em out.
15 Sep 2015, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 08:12 AMrejfor
Now about Panther. [...] It hasn't any weak points.
The Panthers weak points are the high price, a very underwhelming rate of fire and only mediocre performance versus infantry. I would even add only having 50 range contrary to other factions specialized AT vehicles.

It struggles versus multiple medium tanks. In fact - if we only consider offensive potential - a Panzer IV can finish a T-34/76 faster than the Panther. The Panzer IV is also better versus infantry. Also you can consider that the British pretty much negate the point behind the Panther which is having better armor protection.

Imo the first choice is a Panzer IV, not a Panther.
15 Sep 2015, 19:39 PM

And what incentive is there to use Panther's against those factions....? High Pen but very low DPS was cool and all back when heavies weren't limited and you needed it versus multiple IS2's but right now the Panther has no reason to exist while the JPIV does.

if you ever played USF you will understand the hard way how broken it is vs USF
15 Sep 2015, 19:51 PM

Its hard to balance a tank that can be OP to the t34/85, yet UP to the churchill/comet and such. Yet supposed to counter both resonably. The panther is just fine IMO. A nerf is what it does NOT need. A slight reload decrease would be welcomed if anything
15 Sep 2015, 20:04 PM

The OKW Panther has better MG's, but personally I don't let it stay off target vehicles because the 7.5 reload on the main gun means if it's shooting at infantry then it can easily get caught between reloads.

how come Rejfor say that Panther can kill Infantry?..
i nvr use panther to kill infantry lol..

Unless im using T34 85 :drool:
15 Sep 2015, 20:05 PM

How many Wher players are even able to yield a Panther in a 1v1? I suck at this game so maybe its a player issue but I have big troubles with the cost of the unit and tech.
15 Sep 2015, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 20:05 PMNapalm
How many Wher players are even able to yield a Panther in a 1v1? I suck at this game so maybe its a player issue but I have big troubles with the cost of the unit and tech.

T4 has been dead in 1v1 and 2v2 for a while now.
15 Sep 2015, 20:31 PM

Alright!

Lets remove all units from each faction, except the 5 flavour of the month units who have a right to exist!
15 Sep 2015, 20:32 PM

Are you saying Panther anti infantry is like t34-76?
You must be playing another game, not coh2 for sure
15 Sep 2015, 20:41 PM

Are you saying Panther anti infantry is like t34-76?
You must be playing another game, not coh2 for sure

T34-76 is supposed to be good at killing infantry but it's not - your only chance is trying to crush it. Maybe it was recklessly to say that Panther is better in AI than t34-76 but at least its machinegun doesn't miss like t34 gun.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★