Login

russian armor

Centaur

PAGES (10)down
28 Sep 2015, 13:22 PM

Well placed mines + cloaked Rak= Dead Centaur too.

A fast Ostwind supported mg42 upVolks is still very hard to fight for allies.. If well played....
28 Sep 2015, 13:44 PM
Patrion 14

You know times are harsh when it's Katitof reporting people for a change :snfPeter:

disrespectful post invissed, keep it tidy gentlemen.
28 Sep 2015, 13:50 PM

You can kill them but that doesnt make them good entities in an RTS. Any blink of an eye wipe units do not promote good play. At least the KV8 comes later and has to get reasonably close. The centaur will wipe at max range with no issue.

While the ARVE and the Sturm Tiger are the literal sense of blink of an eye wipe at least they are only a single shot and have a down time. Centaur comes out early and can keep shooting.

I am really disappointed that the Bofors got addressed while this one that acts pretty much identical did not.
28 Sep 2015, 13:51 PM

I don't mind insults as long as there is some finesse to them as well as some actual argument attached :snfPeter:

And while centaur does what it does, OKW doesn't really have problems with anticipating and intercepting it with JP4.

Ost should easily have better map control as well and get P4/stug on time easily.

Stalling for panther as OKW or Tiger as ost will be heavily punished by centaur, likely even after nerf(nerf means getting unit to balanced state, not "no threat" status).
28 Sep 2015, 13:53 PM
Donator 11

What's making it so hard to get JP4 or a StuG?

Well if you absolutely rush a stug and skip T1 and T2 buildings then 70 (teching -starting fuel)+90+75=235 fuel.

In order to get a centaur you only need 10+110+100=220 fuel.

So while your opponent still gets a centaur before your rushed stug all you have is pioneers and mgs, maybe osttruppen :luvDerp:

It is easier to rush a JPIV but I wouldn't say a JPIV is effective on all maps.
28 Sep 2015, 13:54 PM
Donator 11

Dunno, Just too hard for axis to get easy strat aka sniper 222 for Osth or LeIG retard gun into JPIV....Wich as no counter as UKF.

But no UKF is op faction with OP units.

This game strat to disgust me...

As I said many times, if you let UKF have tanks, you're noob. You will ruin them easily early game without effort (LeIG + snipers)

I guess all those people who lost to Aimstrong are noobs :snfBarton:
28 Sep 2015, 14:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 13:51 PMKatitof
I don't mind insults as long as there is some finesse to them as well as some actual argument attached :snfPeter:

And while centaur does what it does, OKW doesn't really have problems with anticipating and intercepting it with JP4.

Ost should easily have better map control as well and get P4/stug on time easily.

Stalling for panther as OKW or Tiger as ost will be heavily punished by centaur, likely even after nerf(nerf means getting unit to balanced state, not "no threat" status).

Fair enough,

Explain to me why Aimstrong jumps on every chance he gets to play brits and rush a centaur every single time?

Surely since the centaur is so easily counteren, why would he do it?

And again, this time more civilized, if you start spreading your biased nonsense here, I will report you :)
28 Sep 2015, 14:46 PM

Well if you absolutely rush a stug and skip T1 and T2 buildings then 70 (teching -starting fuel)+90+75=235 fuel.

Ostheer should be like this:
Starting fuel-T1 = 0(right? not sure though); Tech: 40+45+75+90=250

Fair enough,

Explain to me why Aimstrong jumps on every chance he gets to play brits and rush a centaur every single time?

The Centaur offers the aggressive power which the Brits lack from early on. Being able to switch between aggressive and defensive play is vital.
28 Sep 2015, 15:10 PM

Permanently Banned

The Centaur offers the aggressive power which the Brits lack from early on. Being able to switch between aggressive and defensive play is vital.

You mean wiping potential that is quite vital to brit play?

Centaur should be tweaked so it is either at ostwind settings, or the ostwind should be slightly buffed and centaur should be nerfed to now new ostwind stats.

After this the mp bleed for brits needs to be resolved and tommies need to be cheaper overall.

Everyone happy
28 Sep 2015, 15:16 PM

Fair enough,

And again, this time more civilized, if you start spreading your biased nonsense here, I will report you :)

Its simple:

Brits are completely unpopular in 1v1s, together with them being new and all means people are not used to playing against them yet, their strength is also not fully developed as people still L2P with them.

Aimstrong simply exploits inexperience of other people against UKF and exploits axis players playing accordingly to old meta, you can't do old meta vs brits, because they couldn't be further from it.

I also never said its easily counterable, I said you can counter it if you anticipate it, I've written in this very thread that centaur is too strong.

Also, you can't report for biase, hell you can't even report for stupidity, otherwise johhnyb or alex would not be here with us.
28 Sep 2015, 15:17 PM
Donator 22

I guess all those people who lost to Aimstrong are noobs :snfBarton:

So while your opponent still gets a centaur before your rushed stug all you have is pioneers and mgs, maybe osttruppen :luvDerp:

It is easier to rush a JPIV but I wouldn't say a JPIV is effective on all maps.

I guess few matchs ain't representative of balance, but it's seems it does.

After all axis don't have any op units :romeoHairDay:

Yeah of course centaur is faster, if you don't loose any models, or aren't starved, because we all know UKF is a manpower free faction :hansWUT:

28 Sep 2015, 15:27 PM

The reason you rush for Centaur as Brits is because it's the only unit that can make up for their weak early game. Without it, they just wouldn't be viable at all.

I'd prefer if Relic dropped this silly idea of timing advantage but the game is what it is.
28 Sep 2015, 15:29 PM
Donator 22

defending the centaur is like defending the LeiG. Both get nerfed next patch anyway:romeoMug:
28 Sep 2015, 15:37 PM
Donator 11

I guess few matchs ain't representative of balance, but it's seems it does.

After all axis don't have any op units :romeoHairDay:

Yeah of course centaur is faster, if you don't loose any models, or aren't starved, because we all know UKF is a manpower free faction :hansWUT:

You're right. The overall win rates show that Axis is actually much worse than OCF would indicate :romeoHairDay:

Axis certainly has units that overperform but nothing that over performs quite as bad as the centaur does for the time it comes out and the cost. The unit itself doesn't bother me, it is the timing. Brit T3 needs to be 150 fuel IMO, a delay of 2 minutes. And really, it is only bothersome for Ostheer.

As for your third point, the centaur is consistently out around 12 minutes. Sorry you are too nooby to manage your MP to get units when you want them?
28 Sep 2015, 15:38 PM
Donator 11

defending the centaur is like defending the LeiG. Both get nerfed next patch anyway:romeoMug:

God willing. Both are crutch units
28 Sep 2015, 15:55 PM

Ostheer should be like this:
Starting fuel-T1 = 0(right? not sure though); Tech: 40+45+75+90=250

Exact !

Thanks.
28 Sep 2015, 22:26 PM

The whole british early game being godawful thing is pretty arguable. Infantry sections are borderline OP in cover, and the vickers performs almost exactly like an mg42. Not to mention cheap AT gun that is a pak mirror with better accuracy.
28 Sep 2015, 23:34 PM

I wonder how romeo feels now his face is plastered on every other shitpost on the balance forums
29 Sep 2015, 00:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 22:26 PMChet
the vickers performs almost exactly like an mg42.

yes, the vicker perform almost exactly like an mg42 while being 20 mp more expensive. That's pretty much the definition of overpriced.

lower vicker price by 20mp and raise 6 pdr price by 30mp for a start.
29 Sep 2015, 00:57 AM

Actually, it is 30+115+100=245, which also means you won't get UC/AEC/Bofors/Nades/5men/WeaponRacks. But I am sure you told it because of mistyping, not because you didn't use to play brits (which might consider your arguments as simply irrelelevant)
PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS