Login

russian armor

Double ISG/Pack Howie

DeC
12 Sep 2015, 17:05 PM

So a new issue emerged after relic decided to overbuff these underused units; 1. frequent wipes and 2. OKW/UKF buildings becoming useless. Suggestions to solve the issue:

• Increase their minimum range by %50
  • Or, reduce penetration by %30
  • And remove the pinning effect

Vaz
12 Sep 2015, 17:09 PM

none of those address the problem, other than maybe penetration. Still, I feel like your looking for a problem where once doesn't exist. What exactly is the "correct" way to get rid of someone that has settled in to a spot on the map? The first thing that comes to my mind is to use a seige weapon, but I guess you have something else in mind?

I think the frequent wipes are a bit of an issue. Not just for these two units, but for the mortars as well. They have all really become hell lately.
12 Sep 2015, 17:14 PM

Dual pack howis ain't cheap. In my experience two pack howis usually means they don't have an AT gun, so you should be able to roll over them with some armor.
12 Sep 2015, 17:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Daul pak howie is extremely unlikely

Double ISG , however, is common due to the fact that okw gets more mp than any other faction.

Its needs a nerf
12 Sep 2015, 17:30 PM

someone wanna blob 8)
12 Sep 2015, 17:39 PM

Pack howitzer needs its price lowered. It's the only early game indirect fire USF has, and you have to pay 380 manpower for it, 40 more than ISG and OKW never manpower bleeds. :loco:
12 Sep 2015, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 17:39 PMF1sh
Pack howitzer needs its price lowered. It's the only early game indirect fire USF has, and you have to pay 380 manpower for it, 40 more than ISG and OKW never manpower bleeds. :loco:

I agree with this. Pack Howitzer should have the same price as ISG.

ISG is fine as it is, the only reason you hear complaints about it is that it is the reliable counter to Brit emplacements and Brit players think they have a god given right to throw up a Bofors on the fuel and not have it harmed in any way.
12 Sep 2015, 18:52 PM

Reduce range so that mortarts can effectively counter fire on them, for the rest I think they perform fine.
12 Sep 2015, 22:47 PM
Donator 11

Reduce range so that mortarts can effectively counter fire on them, for the rest I think they perform fine.

That makes no sense. To give you some perspective, the German 8cm mortar had an effective range of 2400m. while the M116 howitzer around 8700m. Obviously the difference in game is not so big for balance reasons, but an infantry mortar able to counter mobile artillery makes no sense in either rl on in-game.

The pack howie also costs 380 manpower, 760 (!) for two of them. That is 120 more manpower than a Tiger for an already manpower-starved faction, again to put in perspective.

Double ISG is honestly only a problem against the brits, so I'd much rather see tweaks in their design over the nerf hammer for both it and the pack howie.
13 Sep 2015, 18:10 PM

Pack howitzer have same 80 range as ostheer mortar. only barrage ability have around ¬120 range.
DeC
16 Sep 2015, 19:16 PM

Pack is actuaqly better than the ISG though it costs more.
16 Sep 2015, 19:40 PM

Make the pak howie an ISG clone with three levels of vet.

Imo the ISG is currently what and infantry gun should be, decent RoF/Range dealing consistent damage with very few RNG wipes.

Pack howi I've had games where it's wiped 4-5 squads of vet grens and others where it fails to hit a static mortar finishing with 5-6 kills the entire game.
16 Sep 2015, 21:24 PM

Daul pak howie is extremely unlikely

Double ISG , however, is common due to the fact that okw gets more mp than any other faction.

Its needs a nerf

They don't get more MP, they just usually have lower upkeep, an ironic consequence to the fact that they cannot fill their population bar with vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★