Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/09/2015

PAGES (13)down
11 Sep 2015, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 17:51 PMbC_
also forgot to add this

Added warning smoke + 4 second delay to artillery cover + vehicle stun replaced with weapon disable critical

Glad to hear it.

I like the direction of the patch. My friends and I were just commiserating last night on how playing against British right now was simply too punishing and frustrating. Bofors one-shotting retreating squads that move on the edge of it's range, flamethrowers that kill squads before they can leave buildings, artillery barrages that strike unerringly, Churchill tanks that can roll up to anything and throw grenades to wipe out AT guns that stand up to them... there's a whole checklist.

Yet everything on that checklist is getting a change, in a good way, in the patch. That's encouraging. I doubt some of it will be enough... Churchill tanks, of any variety, still seem like an insane deal their price. I like it though!

11 Sep 2015, 20:36 PM

This is an issue with ever "Assault Gun"/"Forward Fixed Gun" unit in the game, mate.

yes, so it's got bad maneuverability.

the bren carrier also have a pretty low top speed even if its acceleration is godlike. 5.8 top speed doesn't really allow you to outrun anything beside the tigers.
11 Sep 2015, 20:57 PM

Relic, will OKW incendiary grenades be given to Sturmpioneers?

ok, here we go

'Please respond' :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:

you wrote 'incendiary' in a hot topic. Thus I was summoned.

To prove my point, I will quote more stuff that suits my 'Stielhandgrenade' agenda :P

this. since the okw are already getting flamenade, let's give it to the sturmpioneers. They are suppose to be assault troop and engineer unit usually get the flame related weapon.

Agree, Flamenade to Sturms please!

Indeed Flamenade to sturms!!!

This is an interesting idea, would like to see it in the preview build to test out for practicality.

Seriously though, the balance preview would be the excellent place to at least try it out. Instead of dismissing it prematurely. If it goes well, then both immersion and gameplay will be served, thus a positive outcome could be achieved!

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 10:59 AMKatitof
Sturms would have way too much utility for the cost with that.
Repair, sweep, decent dps and survivability, stun nades, med kits, mine laying and you want inc nades on top of that?
(...)

If it means the normal grenade will be gone, then I'd rather see no incendiaries at all! In my opinion, the game's quality comes from a mix of immersion and fun gameplay. None of the two can exist without the other.
Now, the iconic standard-issue 'Stielhandgrenade' is so typical for WW2, that, in this case, the immersion criteria predominates, in my opinion.
11 Sep 2015, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 20:57 PMFluffi

If it means the normal grenade will be gone, then I'd rather see no incendiaries at all! In my opinion, the game's quality comes from a mix of immersion and fun gameplay. None of the two can exist without the other.
Now, the iconic standard-issue 'Stielhandgrenade' is so typical for WW2, that, in this case, the immersion criteria predominates, in my opinion.

I disagree, this game throws history out the window and with all the goofy, rare vehicles we already have in game, one grenade change shouldn't "ruin" the experience. If it does then your knowledge of WWII is questionable. I won't argue against putting the Incin-nade on Sturms as then they make better assault infantry and getting a second one at the start of the game is more feasible. I will argue against all "Historical Accuracy" arguments.
11 Sep 2015, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 10:59 AMKatitof
Sturms would have way too much utility for the cost with that.
Repair, sweep, decent dps and survivability, stun nades, med kits, mine laying and you want inc nades on top of that?

And axis players are going nuts for a sole thought of conscript non doc weapon upgrade because they have 'too much utility'.

Get real. You want more of a normal nade, you have infiltration nades.

giving volks the flame nade also give them both anti tank capability and anti-garrison ability as well. last thing I want to see is a volks horde making building useless as well.

people already use sturm as anti-garrison anyway. Giving them flame nade is the less intrusive option. it also force the okw from just spamming volks all day since now they need sturm for garrison as well.
12 Sep 2015, 02:46 AM

did the patches go live yet?
12 Sep 2015, 03:20 AM

did the patches go live yet?

Nah
12 Sep 2015, 03:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 03:20 AMRemo

Nah

=( wish they'd give us an estimated probable date of when it goes live
12 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

I belive, Brits mine needs to be looked at.
Old problem with SU mine was that it could wipe whole squad just for 35ammo.
Currently Brits mine is wiping left and right.
Yesterday it wiped whole squad 4 out of 5 times.
12 Sep 2015, 12:26 PM
Patrion 14

Bofors still pretty much instant wipes units in buildings.

Maybe Bofors suppresive barage could get a small range nerf? It instantly pins down mortars... Its kinda weird how a Bofors can hard counter its counter.
12 Sep 2015, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 12:26 PMStafkeh
Bofors still pretty much instant wipes units in buildings.

Maybe Bofors suppresive barage could get a small range nerf? It instantly pins down mortars... Its kinda weird how a Bofors can hard counter its counter.

I would say damage nerf instead of a range nerf. It already insta-pins, why should it wipe then?
12 Sep 2015, 17:42 PM

I hope they noticed my thread about the new Partisan bug.

They don't have the bug from before but now they no longer have camouflage if they lose a model. The old models retain camouflage but reinforcements come with no camo!
12 Sep 2015, 18:37 PM

What about Brits starting with a Royal Engineer rather than an Infantry Section and extra MP to make up the difference? This would give the Brits early wiring and repair abilities, but they must preserve the squad because they can't build another until the next Tier.

Other changes: lower damage and cost of Tulip rockets, but decrease reload time of Firefly, lower Infantry Section reinforce cost to 28-30MP, lower cost of Vickers HMG to 260MP, give slight recloak and reload time decrease to Brit Sniper, give Emplacements more HP, but easier to decrew to allow for a more unit bleed like effect.
12 Sep 2015, 18:45 PM
Patrion 14

In my opinion Churchill and Croc are still way too good. I just played a an hour and 35 minuts match vs 2 Expert PC's and a Basic one with me.

It takes a way too much time to kill a Churchill/Croc, even with a KT or Jagdtiger or even both...

Don't try it with AT guns cos these get wiped in no time anyway.

These units really need to be looked at again, they are far from fine in my opinion.

What about Brits starting with a Royal Engineer rather than an Infantry Section and extra MP to make up the difference? This would give the Brits early wiring and repair abilities, but they must preserve the squad because they can't build another until the next Tier.

I like this idea!
12 Sep 2015, 18:49 PM

Other changes: lower damage and cost of Tulip rockets, but decrease reload time of Firefly, lower Infantry Section reinforce cost to 28-30MP, lower cost of Vickers HMG to 260MP, give slight recloak and reload time decrease to Brit Sniper, give Emplacements more HP, but easier to decrew to allow for a more unit bleed like effect.

+1 All around, especially Tulips/Firefly.

Other option would be to give UC Self repair at Vet 0 and give Tommies Barb Wire :)
12 Sep 2015, 18:51 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 18:45 PMStafkeh
In my opinion Churchill and Croc are still way too good. I just played a an hour and 35 minuts match vs 2 Expert PC's and a Basic one with me.

It takes a way too much time to kill a Churchill/Croc, even with a KT or Jagdtiger or even both...

Don't try it with AT guns cos these get wiped in no time anyway.

These units really need to be looked at again, they are far from fine in my opinion.

I like this idea!

Expert CPUs get more health and deal more damage right? Whatever it may be, the crocodoom and Chruchill are still to potent. Let us not speak of the "Instant Delete Machine" AKA The Centaur.
12 Sep 2015, 19:21 PM

Permanently Banned

Wouldnt you have to get a section anyway? They have more utility early game than royal engees
12 Sep 2015, 19:31 PM

Expert CPUs get more health and deal more damage right? Whatever it may be, the crocodoom and Chruchill are still to potent. Let us not speak of the "Instant Delete Machine" AKA The Centaur.
Not only that but all AI ignore the Fog of War completely, which is infuriating to say the least.

The Centaur is ridiculous. None of the other factions AA vehicles even come close, and that's saying something after the M5 Quad.
12 Sep 2015, 19:41 PM
Patrion 14

Valentine could use an accuracy buff vs infantry?
12 Sep 2015, 20:02 PM

Wouldnt you have to get a section anyway? They have more utility early game than royal engees

One of the complaints players have of Britt early game is the lack of wiring and repair for the UC. Also the squad would bleed less than the Infantry Section and yes you still want to get some Infantry Sections but having a close range unit with a suppressing MG is one of the stats that other factions use to good effect.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS