Login

russian armor

why isnt CAS nerfed yet?

9 Sep 2015, 06:43 AM

how is it ok for this doctrine to still be here in its current state? it takes no skill, just push a button and you automatically win every engagement
9 Sep 2015, 07:03 AM

because the commander is rotten to the core and there's basically no way of fixing it without butchering it's entire premise. So relic has chosen to ignore it.
9 Sep 2015, 07:45 AM
Donator 22

whats wrong with CAS? Maybe the munition conversion. But even this ability got slighty nerfed (finally). For the planes: You've got at least on most maps enough time to react, since relic delayed the plane strafe by 1-2 seconds?!
9 Sep 2015, 08:03 AM

whats wrong with CAS? Maybe the munition conversion. But even this ability got slighty nerfed (finally). For the planes: You've got at least on most maps enough time to react, since relic delayed the plane strafe by 1-2 seconds?!

+1 nothing more to say. CAS could be a very pain in the allies asses, especially for blobnoob and those who are playing without sound ...
9 Sep 2015, 08:12 AM

Thing is that with Brits there are even more things broken and OP than before so fixing CAS has been pushed back and given Relic's pace of fixing things it will take a good while.
Agree though that the best thing would be to remove it altogether.
9 Sep 2015, 10:46 AM
Donator 11

Every engagement starts with a strafing run wich pins my troops, then they bumrush and kill everything.

If I get a tank, it gets AT strafed unless I flee and even then it probably whipes all my support weapons.

strafe, dead, strafe, dead, strafe and then comes the gazillion tanks.
9 Sep 2015, 10:58 AM

Exactly. One suggestion is to make it convert Fuel to Muni either passive or over time (for example, 150 muni in 1 minute) so they can't just convert and call in stukas left and right. And also nerf the amount of Muni you get.

Plane delay is also needed if you call it too close to the edge of the map.
9 Sep 2015, 11:24 AM

How about increasing the ability delays a bit more and rename it to Not So Close Air Support?

whats wrong with CAS? Maybe the munition conversion.

Not maybe. The interaction between that ability and the others, which are using munitions for on demand AoE damage and suppression is the thing that makes everything dangerous.

Imagine giving a Commander Salvage for basic infantry, Fuel Conversion and three tank call-ins. I mean... no.
9 Sep 2015, 11:39 AM

me myself and watching man high level plays they easily dodge cas and some update in balance preivew it should not be a issue so if u can't still micro out of it your micro really really sucks btw i wouldn't mind passive muni
9 Sep 2015, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 06:43 AMjugg
how is it ok for this doctrine to still be here in its current state? it takes no skill, just push a button and you automatically win every engagement

pre nerf was effective only vs not pay attention people

after nerf only effective vs afk
9 Sep 2015, 11:58 AM
Patrion 310

They should either introduce a passive conversion or put a CD on any of the abilities if you use one, like it was with Brit commanders.
9 Sep 2015, 15:17 PM
Donator 11

How to fix CAS.

1. Make the munitions transfer cost fuel, but make it like the Lend Lease resource exchange.

2. Stuka planes share cooldown but it is shorter. Recon plane does not share a cooldown.

3. No abilities in the base sector (I think this should be for every ability but whatever). Nothing more rage inducing than pin and stuka bomb after retreat. And this has nothing to do with blobbing, everyone can lose an engagment and have to mass retreat units.

I think any of those three would actually fix CAS without making it useless. I've always said that the true power of CAS is not the planes but how you can spam the abilities and kill your opponents micro, making him much easier to catch off guard. (And LMG grens :foreveralone: )
9 Sep 2015, 15:21 PM

if they get ride of munitions conversion then it wouldn't be so bad, the ability is just awful, it allows you to spam a hord of lmg grens and shreked pgrens
9 Sep 2015, 15:36 PM

It's always easy after a battle to catch an enemy off guard, anti tank strafing one of his spread out tanks while you distract him elsewhere. I've done it and had it done and it is really annoying, knocking out an enemy IS-2 or getting one of your tanks as Brits finished can be a game ender.

Also found a real piece of joy in team games recently, I guess you can use it anywhere but especially with CAS. We went against a team that would use smoke pots prolifically to hide the red smoke drops for AT/AI strafes.
10 Sep 2015, 00:40 AM

CAS biggest strengths are the fact that the muni convert is on demand, and the infantry strafe being so amazing.

At least its only 120 instead of 150 muni now...
10 Sep 2015, 00:50 AM

Permanently Banned
How to fix CAS.

1. Make the munitions transfer cost fuel, but make it like the Lend Lease resource exchange.

2. Stuka planes share cooldown but it is shorter. Recon plane does not share a cooldown.

3. No abilities in the base sector (I think this should be for every ability but whatever). Nothing more rage inducing than pin and stuka bomb after retreat. And this has nothing to do with blobbing, everyone can lose an engagment and have to mass retreat units.

I think any of those three would actually fix CAS without making it useless. I've always said that the true power of CAS is not the planes but how you can spam the abilities and kill your opponents micro, making him much easier to catch off guard. (And LMG grens :foreveralone: )

Make it like the luftwaffe supply doctrine, to get the munitions, you need to secure a fuel sector and drop the resources (munitions) there. Gives every player time and the capability to counter the cheese that is CAS, by either pushing the fuel constantly, bombarding it constantly etc, or cutting off (which disables the ability to transfer fuel to muni). This also means that if you push the Axis player off, you can steal the muni. This will actually give CAS fuel transfer a risk unlike the current no risk "I PRESS THIS BUTTONK AND I GETS MUNITIONSSSSSSAH HAHAHAHA"

would work a lot better.
10 Sep 2015, 01:02 AM

The trouble with CAS, in my humble opinion, is that it's an (THE) air power centric commander that is virtually immune to anti-air units. You have a second or two to react to where the ability is going to hit and that's that.

It should be reworked so the AA halftrack and Bofors present a major threat to CAS. The Allied player will work hard to defend his AA unit while the Axis will try their damnedest to destroy it to let the Luftwaffe run amok.
10 Sep 2015, 01:12 AM

CAS shouldn't be removed the call in's are easy to dodge munitions conversion is a 2-side blade it might give you more munitions but using it delays teching and tanks so to those you are complaining about it you need to learn how to micro
10 Sep 2015, 01:59 AM

CAS is useless atm, don't bother even thinking about it. right now there other def. stronger Ost docs to convince you not even putting CAS in your loadout
10 Sep 2015, 02:11 AM

How about make the planes cost fuel and ammo to use. They need fuel to fly and ammo to shoot after all. :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
Russian Federation 52
unknown 50
United States 18
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L