Login

russian armor

Wermaht mortars too good?

5 Sep 2015, 17:57 PM

Being on both using and receiving ends I feel Wermaht mortars are a bit on the over performing side.
Not by a lot but nether the less they are. I think very slight adjustment is required.
Mayby slight rate of fire reduction? Small tweak to its accuracy?
5 Sep 2015, 17:58 PM

Being on both using and receiving ends I feel Wermaht mortars are a bit on the over performing side.
Not by a lot but nether the less they are. I think very slight adjustment is required.
Mayby slight rate of fire reduction? Small tweak to its accuracy?

I think theres already something in the up coming patch about nerfing them...

Altho sov stock mortars are just as good tbh... + half the scatter on the barrage.
5 Sep 2015, 18:10 PM

I've noticed this too.. Playing both against and as Ostheer. They're too accurate it seems. Have they been buffed recently? There've been so many patch notes recently I haven't read all of them.
5 Sep 2015, 18:15 PM

They're getting a huge fire rate nerf in the (not yet live) patch notes. Go read them.
5 Sep 2015, 18:19 PM

Nerf? Why that? The mortar pit is wrecking them?
5 Sep 2015, 19:59 PM

They're getting a huge fire rate nerf in the (not yet live) patch notes. Go read them.

Link please.
5 Sep 2015, 20:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Link please.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog?p=204119#post204119

Reload time going up from 2.4 to 4. For comparison, the PM-41's is 7.5 seconds (though other factors affect both weapons' true fire-rate).
5 Sep 2015, 20:04 PM
Donator 22

6 Sep 2015, 08:08 AM

Thanks. I wonder if that's not too much though. I guess we'll see when it's live.B
6 Sep 2015, 08:25 AM

I thinks its a tad too much (i.e. should have nerfed it to 3s not 4) but we'll see. Its damn obvious that the mortar is overperforming.

Actually, all AoE weapons have been reworked so they have consistent damage by increasing the pen and accuracy values. That's whats caused this change. Its just most noticeable on the ostheer mortar
6 Sep 2015, 08:59 AM

It's not called the "turbo mortar" for nothing. Even nerfed it's still miles better than the PM-41. It's been an issue for aeons..
6 Sep 2015, 09:18 AM

If we could first nerf the of the bofors, then perhaps nerf the German Mortar. :foreveralone:
6 Sep 2015, 10:23 AM

It's getting needed as well. See preview patch notes. Link above.
6 Sep 2015, 10:28 AM

If we could first nerf the of the bofors, then perhaps nerf the German Mortar. :foreveralone:

What is actually wrong in nerfing 2 overperforming units at once, especially when one of them had it coming for over a year?
6 Sep 2015, 10:48 AM

Reportedly the actual barrage on the ost mortar is unaffected by reload so we'll see how much of a change this actually ends up being.
6 Sep 2015, 13:11 PM

What is actually wrong in nerfing 2 overperforming units at once, especially when one of them had it coming for over a year?

Because Katikof, if they nerf to much at the same time, lelic will screw up again. Nerfing two things is to much for lelic, they usually tend to overnerf a certain thing (ML20/conscripts) and nerfing something else to slightly to eventually nerf it further (combat blitz/Tiger Ace/IS2/ISU152 etc etc).

They need to focus on one thing and one thing at a time :foreveralone:
6 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

Because Katikof, if they nerf to much at the same time, lelic will screw up again. Nerfing two things is to much for lelic, they usually tend to overnerf a certain thing (ML20/conscripts) and nerfing something else to slightly to eventually nerf it further (combat blitz/Tiger Ace/IS2/ISU152 etc etc).

They need to focus on one thing and one thing at a time :foreveralone:

That is why we have balance preview?

And if you're talking about nerfing stuff too much, go check the penta nerf on bofors.

And if they would rebalance just one unit at a time(which I think you try to talk about), then we won't have the game balanced in 10 years.
6 Sep 2015, 13:20 PM

That is why we have balance preview?

And if you're talking about nerfing stuff too much, go check the penta nerf on bofors.

And if they would rebalance just one unit at a time(which I think you try to talk about), then we won't have the game balanced in 10 years.

Ah so good of you to take the bait, I knew you would call out this balance madness of op german game designing!

Look how good the bofors is performing, it surely doesn't need a nerf, working as intended huh!

I know that we have balance previews, we also have Alphas and Betas, but they somehow never seem to get rid of the over performing units or horrible ideas now do they?

No I wasn't referring to balancing one unit at a time, I was just exaggerating!

6 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM

You are not reading what I have written, so I'm not even going to bother with responding to it.
7 Sep 2015, 06:02 AM

He was trolling you katitof you went for it. I'm just happy its getting balanced
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★