Login

russian armor

Designate command tank ability

5 Sep 2015, 12:11 PM
Donator 11

What effects does the command tank aura have? I know it increase Rate of fire on certain units - for instance AT guns fire like machine guns even at vet 1.

how big is the bonus?
5 Sep 2015, 12:26 PM

It appears to double the fire rate and boosts all other stats too.
The Firefly fires about every 5-6 seconds in the Aura compared to around 11-12 on its own.
Vehicles also appear to be a bit more mobile when in the Aura too.

The Command Vehicle ability seems really underrated. I wonder how silly it would get if you stole the Ostheer Command Pz IV or the OKW Command Panther and made them into command vehicles?
5 Sep 2015, 12:30 PM

2x accuracy
0.5x recived accuracy
0.5x reload
0.5x cooldown

the command aura is 30 range

A comet in command aura will shoot twice as fast with double accuracy .
5 Sep 2015, 12:50 PM

It also gives the command tank a free recon loiter ability. The loiter is centered around the command tank and has a pretty small vision radius.
5 Sep 2015, 12:58 PM

For the command vehicle itself its 0.5 speed and 0.25 reload.

There is also 0.75 doctrinal ability cooldown multiplier.
5 Sep 2015, 13:07 PM

hum....should remove the debuff of this ability, and nerf the aura, commander tank itself= literally useless and sitting duck
5 Sep 2015, 13:18 PM
Donator 22

I like the free recon plane! Nice feature :)
5 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 12:30 PMSmaug
2x accuracy
0.5x recived accuracy
0.5x reload
0.5x cooldown

These numbers, are a solid candidate for the biggest bullshit I have ever seen in the Company of Heroes franchise, and I've seen some really messed up crap.

Practically doubling to quadrupling the DPS of all units in the aura? This is Original Tiger Ace Commander level of broken.

Sure, the command vehicle itself is slow and vulnerable... which is easy to deal with if you make an AEC your command vehicle. But if you slap this on a Cromwell, or, heavens forbid, any Churchill variant, in the late game...

What would people say if the Command Panzer's aura reduced damage not by 20% but by 75%? Because this is the level of aura effect we have here. Yes, I know the Cmd Pz IV doesn't get gun or speed debuffs.

Reduce the penalties on cmd tank to 0.75 max speed and increase reload time by 50%.

In return nerf this aura to something sane.

Kubeljesus everloving Christ.
5 Sep 2015, 13:46 PM

These numbers, are a solid candidate for the biggest bullshit I have ever seen in the Company of Heroes franchise, and I've seen some really messed up crap.

Practically doubling to quadrupling the DPS of all units in the aura? This is Original Tiger Ace Commander level of broken.

Sure, the command vehicle itself is slow and vulnerable... which is easy to deal with if you make an AEC your command vehicle. But if you slap this on a Cromwell, or, heavens forbid, any Churchill variant, in the late game...

What would people say if the Command Panzer's aura reduced damage not by 20% but by 75%? Because this is the level of aura effect we have here. Yes, I know the Cmd Pz IV doesn't get gun or speed debuffs.

Reduce the penalties on cmd tank to 0.75 max speed and increase reload time by 50%.

This must be why every single brit player abuses it in every game.

Oh wait! They don't, because its not as potent in practice as on paper!
5 Sep 2015, 13:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

My friends in 4v4 have giant swarms of comet and firefly influenced by Churchill command tank raping face :foreveralone: so beautiful
5 Sep 2015, 13:52 PM
Donator 11

Have you even tried putting it on a churchill? It moves barely faster than a buttoned vehicle and 30 range makes this ability fairly hard to use offensively. The Command Tank also only affects your units and gives no buffs to your allies. Slap it on anything cheap and it becomes a giant target as you can't miss the huge indicator above the unit.
5 Sep 2015, 15:10 PM
Donator 11

I enjoy useing command tank ability, it really makes units tough as nails and raped entire waves of axis panthers and crap.

Otoh, putting it on a centurion makes it for a sloooow tank
5 Sep 2015, 16:51 PM

While slowing down a Churchill AVRE isn't ideal, the reload penalty does not affect it's Petard Mortar cooldown, so a Command AVRE isn't bad if you're only using it against structures.

There's no break even point to worry about, so having just one regular tank and one command tank will give you more DPS than two regular tanks combined. Obviously designating the weaker tank as the Command tank is ideal, in order for this to work. A Command Carrier is the cheapest way and gives you potentially the highest DPS (due to not sacrificing a tank's DPS on being a commmand vehicle), but you'll have to babysit it a lot, so a Cromwell might be better.

One nice thing is that - unlike the CoH1 ability - this affects troops too. That 50% received accuracy buff is substantial when it comes to keeping troops alive against small arms fire. The cooldown and reload buffs won't double the DPS in the same way as it does for tank cannons, but the 200% accuracy buff will be very noticeable.

As usual, the weapon buffs are only to hardpoint 1, which is the main gun for any unit. Vehicle machine-guns are unaffected, and the Churchill Crocodile's cannon is also unaffected since the flamethrower is it's 'main gun'.
5 Sep 2015, 16:59 PM

What a dumb argument.

The British have been out for less than 3 days, of course the general population hasn't found out to abuse it yet. Even then, Vanguard is the flavor of the month due to the glider being batshit for 560mp.

Anyone with half a brain can notice that these numbers are completely over the top. You should probably set your bias aside before shitposting like usual.
5 Sep 2015, 17:25 PM

#bankaitof. He has not contributed one positive post since I have seen him and his arguments completely bias. Negative energy in forums
5 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM

Is there literally anything that's broken that you won't defend, so long as it's Allied? The Bofors, Commandoes, the AVRE, this... they're all perfectly okay according to you, and anyone who disagrees is a whining Weeaboo fanboy. My God, pot meet kettle. I understand being happy that the Allies have good stuff but this takes it way too far.
5 Sep 2015, 19:46 PM

Nerf the aura, and reduce the penalty for the command vehicle itself.
5 Sep 2015, 20:06 PM

IMO it's best to us it on hard tanks or the weakest one, AVRE, churchills
5 Sep 2015, 22:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 12:30 PMSmaug
2x accuracy
0.5x recived accuracy
0.5x reload
0.5x cooldown

A comet in command aura will shoot twice as fast with double accuracy .

Does it only affect tanks?
Only own tanks or allied ones too?

5 Sep 2015, 22:27 PM

Does it only affect tanks?
Only own tanks or allied ones too?

They left the specification field blank, so it affects everything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★