Login

russian armor

the centaur

5 Sep 2015, 01:08 AM

I like the centaur and all and its a great addition to the game an all, but the way it snipes infantry with its cannons is insane, I faced this thing several times and it seems to snipe infantry and do an insane amount of damage, thoughts?
5 Sep 2015, 01:23 AM

Permanently Banned
use a pak or cloaked reketen.
5 Sep 2015, 02:08 AM

use a pak or cloaked reketen.

The centaur seems to be pretty good at killing paks and reketen frontally. I'd like to play more games against it before I make any judgments but I can see that being a problem if it becomes a trend.
5 Sep 2015, 02:09 AM

Permanently Banned

The centaur seems to be pretty good at killing paks and reketen frontally. I'd like to play more games against it before I make any judgments but I can see that being a problem if it becomes a trend.

Mabey you got lucky or have bad luck.

It dies pretty fast to AT weapons
5 Sep 2015, 02:16 AM

It's a pretty late game tank so if you have 2 paks or a pak and tank that's more than enough to kill it quickly. However, it does kill the hell out of infantry. It's about 10x as good at its job as an Ostwind.
5 Sep 2015, 02:41 AM

It does lots of damage but very slow until it gets vet or war(p) speed from hammer specialization and comes late even if rushed.
5 Sep 2015, 02:53 AM
Patrion 27

Mabey you got lucky or have bad luck.

It dies pretty fast to AT weapons

No way, I've tried to fight it with 2 cloaked Puppchens and 3 ISG's...

UKF tanks are insanely durable.

It's not as bad as armored based flame weapons though (WTF?!)
5 Sep 2015, 03:09 AM
Donator 11

It is pretty nutty but I have only seen it used once. Tough to call now.
5 Sep 2015, 03:43 AM

I'd have to say while the Bofors is about right in my opinion this tank is way over performing. At least the Bofors is immobile and has counters but the allies having an Ostwind equivalent is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. The allies must melt to glorious Deutscher Krupp Stahl lest the Axis have to use tactics. Kappa

One serious note. It needs a slight tone down but I think to be honest the amount of AT that the Germans have make this a balanced unit. 6 Shrecks in a volk blob devastates this thing and the Faust snare forces it to stay at range where it's accuracy is over performing. I reckon an AOE increase damage decrease and accuracy decrease at range would keep it strong in that it'll punish blobs)but in the same regard be less effective against individual squads.
5 Sep 2015, 04:38 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Buying a centaur instead of a tank that can engage other tanks as Brits is pretty significant risk, or an icing on the cake of a game that you're winning

like buying an ostwind as OSTHEER while being behind fuel wise most of the game.
5 Sep 2015, 04:43 AM

What's the point of its vet ability if it just shreds everything normally?
Shred two things at once?
Shred one thing twice?
5 Sep 2015, 04:50 AM

What's the point of its vet ability if it just shreds everything normally?
Shred two things at once?
Shred one thing twice?

The ability can cut an almighty swathe through an unsuspecting blob.
5 Sep 2015, 04:51 AM

Buying a centaur instead of a tank that can engage other tanks as Brits is pretty significant risk, or an icing on the cake of a game that you're winning

like buying an ostwind as OSTHEER while being behind fuel wise most of the game.

Would you recommend a Cromwell over a Centaur most of the time?
5 Sep 2015, 05:05 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Would you recommend a Cromwell over a Centaur most of the time?

I play Brits like I played ostheer. Stall. For. Those. OP LATE TANKS. like comet and Churchill

You can rely on double 6pdr and AEC to stop basically every vehicle while you stall like you can rely on double pak40 and puma.

This is 2v2+ observation so far btw. Haven't played a lot of 1v1 YET but again I'd imagine the principles are the same; you don't go Ostwind when you're behind as ostheer unless you're really confident in your AT gun micro; so why do it with the centaur as Brits.

And from what I've seen in live games/replays of 1v1 Brits, you'll be lucky to hit T3 before enemy has 1 P4 and another t3 unit on the way with how far behind Brits are early game and fuel wise. They might as well have a fuel penalty. So I that case, stall for the anvil hammer armor. 1 Cromwell/firefly/centaur will die to T3 SO fast when you have no map.

Churchill and comet hard counter ostheer T3 so hard if you play them right, so why even bother with T3 brit units at all.

5 Sep 2015, 05:26 AM
Patrion 27

I'd have to say while the Bofors is about right in my opinion this tank is way over performing. At least the Bofors is immobile and has counters but the allies having an Ostwind equivalent is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. The allies must melt to glorious Deutscher Krupp Stahl lest the Axis have to use tactics. Kappa

One serious note. It needs a slight tone down but I think to be honest the amount of AT that the Germans have make this a balanced unit. 6 Shrecks in a volk blob devastates this thing and the Faust snare forces it to stay at range where it's accuracy is over performing. I reckon an AOE increase damage decrease and accuracy decrease at range would keep it strong in that it'll punish blobs)but in the same regard be less effective against individual squads.

Your answer is to blob six Volksgrenadiers... How about NO.
5 Sep 2015, 05:26 AM

I think it's fine, comes late and mediums can counter it. Puma is also not bat from far but Centaur can kill it in 3 bursts because of high penetration. But One PaK and a puma can also deal with it. Although I've only played against it two or three times, and the enemies were very cautious so it wasn't a big threat.

I', just wondering about Ostwind, I would even pick an M5 over Ostwid if I could.
5 Sep 2015, 06:43 AM

I played 13 games as british and i was always going to fast centaur + AT guns and works very well, lost only 3 games. This unit is strong but slow.

As ostheer i never met yet centaur but always trying to get prepared for this centaur.
5 Sep 2015, 06:48 AM

It's a pretty late game tank so if you have 2 paks or a pak and tank that's more than enough to kill it quickly. However, it does kill the hell out of infantry. It's about 10x as good at its job as an Ostwind.

+1 for the Korean Zombie av.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight