Login

russian armor

Weapon drops happen so much now?

4 Sep 2015, 18:35 PM

Or is it just me?
It seems like all upgrades are dropped?

ME LIKE!
4 Sep 2015, 18:37 PM

Ive noticed an increase and I hate it, more so allied drops when they have 2 weapons, so I assume that just ups the % of a drop happening.
4 Sep 2015, 18:40 PM

I swear the % drop of weapons increases on retreat. Especially with shreks. That or hitting retreat has a chance for panzergrens to just throw a shrek down as they flee.

:P

(I jest, but it does seem like its increased. It may just be all the Brens and Piats though.)
4 Sep 2015, 18:47 PM
Patrion 14

The problem is that British infantry actually carry 4 slotted weapons, but two of them are droppable.

I'm serious! At vet 3, British Infantry Sections get 2 scoped enfields. These enfields don't o anything but look cool, but they count as slotted weapons. What ends up happening, is that it causes IS to have guard syndrome. They start shedding weapons very quickly.

It's pretty funny, but annoying nonetheless.
4 Sep 2015, 18:49 PM

You guys are really not liking that?
I mean, it's giving another dimension to the game in my opinion. I will retreat my squad a bit sooner because I don't want to lose my squad AND I don't want to lose my upgrade.

I am the only one thinking like that? :bananadance:
4 Sep 2015, 19:10 PM

The problem is that British infantry actually carry 4 slotted weapons, but two of them are droppable.

I'm serious! At vet 3, British Infantry Sections get 2 scoped enfields. These enfields don't o anything but look cool, but they count as slotted weapons. What ends up happening, is that it causes IS to have guard syndrome. They start shedding weapons very quickly.

All weapons have independent drop rates, how many things a squad is holding has no dependency on weather it will be dropped other than if there is nobody that can hold it and the model holding it dies. So you can have a weapon that almost never drops even if the squad doesn't have remaining units to hold it because the drop rate on it is very low.

Brens and Piats have 33% chance to drop on death, like almost all weapons in the game.

On the topic of weapon slots; Pgren/Storm/Ober MP44's count as do all G43's. The Scoped Lee isn't anything special in the regard of it being classified as a slot item.

Oh and there actually is a difference between Scoped and Regular Lee's! Scoped take 1 second longer to reload :romeoPro:
4 Sep 2015, 19:21 PM

That explains it. I kept wondering why my double Bren Tommies were dropping Brens left and right last night. Kind of nice when you can recycle them on squad wipes... until Grens start picking them up that is
4 Sep 2015, 20:21 PM
Patrion 14

All weapons have independent drop rates, how many things a squad is holding has no dependency on weather it will be dropped other than if there is nobody that can hold it and the model holding it dies. So you can have a weapon that almost never drops even if the squad doesn't have remaining units to hold it because the drop rate on it is very low.

Brens and Piats have 33% chance to drop on death, like almost all weapons in the game.

Read my post again. I didn't say that the bren and PIAT have a higher tendency to drop. I said that they seem to drop more because its possible for them to drop as soon as the IS goes from 4 models to 3.

On the topic of weapon slots; Pgren/Storm/Ober MP44's count as do all G43's. The Scoped Lee isn't anything special in the regard of it being classified as a slot item.

Except, you know, the G43 doesn't come on squads that have other droppable weapons, so it doesn't cause the same problem.

STG44s take up weapon slots, but they do not work the same way as scoped enfields. You will never see a schreck pgren squad with 2 STGs and no pshrecks, because the Panzerschrecks have priority.
4 Sep 2015, 21:12 PM

Read my post again. I didn't say that the bren and PIAT have a higher tendency to drop. I said that they seem to drop more because its possible for them to drop as soon as the IS goes from 4 models to 3.

That's not how that works. The reason why it happens/happened to Guards is that PTRS's have a slot size of 1, something carrying a PTRS cannot take another weapon. Tommy Scoped Lee's have a squad size of 0, if you try and pick something up with a Tommy squad that's been reduce to 2 men with Scope Lee's you can pick it up.

Except, you know, the G43 doesn't come on squads that have other droppable weapons, so it doesn't cause the same problem.

G43's count as slot weapons but have a size of 0, so they don't stop you from picking other things up and if you lose models they will keep the item you picked up. I brought this up to point out why what you said isn't correct.

STG44s take up weapon slots, but they do not work the same way as scoped enfields. You will never see a schreck pgren squad with 2 STGs and no pshrecks, because the Panzerschrecks have priority.

They do not take up weapons slots, you can still pick things up if you have StG44s (Ober StG44's do count tho). The reason why I point out they were slot weapons is just because something is classified as a slot weapon does not mean that it takes up space.
4 Sep 2015, 21:39 PM
Patrion 14

That's not how that works. The reason why it happens/happened to Guards is that PTRS's have a slot size of 1, something carrying a PTRS cannot take another weapon. Tommy Scoped Lee's have a squad size of 0, if you try and pick something up with a Tommy squad that's been reduce to 2 men with Scope Lee's you can pick it up.

The scoped enfield is not coded the same as other weapons. It doesn't take up a "slot" but it does take up a model, and thus a 4 man vet 3 IS with 2 brens has a chance of dropping the bren EACH TIME a member dies. You can pick up the Bren, but not if you already started retreating. Its an annoyance that shouldn't be in the game. I have seen this with my own two eyes, don't bullshit me.

You would see this in action if you played as brits, but I'm assuming you haven't?

G43's count as slot weapons but have a size of 0, so they don't stop you from picking other things up and if you lose models they will keep the item you picked up. I brought this up to point out why what you said isn't correct.

See above.

They do not take up weapons slots, you can still pick things up if you have StG44s (Ober StG44's do count tho). The reason why I point out they were slot weapons is just because something is classified as a slot weapon does not mean that it takes up space.

See above.
4 Sep 2015, 22:13 PM

The scoped enfield is not coded the same as other weapons. It doesn't take up a "slot" but it does take up a model

Were are you finding this information, because I am looking at the game files themselves and the Scoped Lee Enfield Rifle has nothing in it's code, weapon package code, weapon veternacy addition action code and the IS squad veterancy code. All weapons I listed are "model" specific weapons but that doesn't increase the chance of weapon drops because none of them take up weapon slots.

and thus a 4 man vet 3 IS with 2 brens has a chance of dropping the bren EACH TIME a member dies.

This is how weapon rack weapons work though? I assumed you would know this from playing USF but upgrade slot weapons (what Axis uses) tend to almost never drop because they upgrade is tied to the squad not the model and only drop when the squad dies. Why do you think Volks who have a weapon (and thus are not able to take the shrek from the other member) get the shrek back when they reinforce?

You would see this in action if you played as brits, but I'm assuming you haven't?

I'm sorry that I'm to busy to wait 2 hours for a game, I'll make sure to let my professors know that I'm offending you by skipping class to stare are a search percentage.
4 Sep 2015, 22:17 PM
Patrion 14

Were are you finding this information, because I am looking at the game files themselves and the Scoped Lee Enfield Rifle has nothing in it's code, weapon package code, weapon veternacy addition action code and the IS squad veterancy code. All weapons I listed are "model" specific weapons but that doesn't increase the chance of weapon drops because none of them take up weapon slots.

This is how weapon rack weapons work though? I assumed you would know this from playing USF but upgrade slot weapons (what Axis uses) tend to almost never drop because they upgrade is tied to the squad not the model and only drop when the squad dies. Why do you think Volks who have a weapon (and thus are not able to take the shrek from the other member) get the shrek back when they reinforce?

I'm sorry that I'm to busy to wait 2 hours for a game, I'll make sure to let my professors know that I'm offending you by skipping class to stare are a search percentage.

Just watch some live games or replays then. You WILL see this in action. That I can guarantee you 100%.

The Model "Keeps" the weapon, which doesn't allow the bren to go to the full model. Drop chance achieved.
4 Sep 2015, 22:20 PM

Im not sure about release now, but i can confirm that this bug was in effect in Alpha. Somehow the scoped enfields count toward's the squad's ability to drop weapons.
4 Sep 2015, 23:09 PM

Just watch some live games or replays then. You WILL see this in action. That I can guarantee you 100%.

The Model "Keeps" the weapon, which doesn't allow the bren to go to the full model. Drop chance achieved.

All weapon rack weapons are easier to be dropped not by percentage chance but because they are not tied to the squad. If the model that is holding it dies there is a chance for the weapon to drop. You can see this effect in action USF who drop weapons more often (despite not having higher pure drop chance). Iv had games were I traded 1919's back and forth between my enemy several times. Almost all Axis slot weapon upgrades are either not able to be dropped at all, or are upgrades tied to the squad itself (which is why you see Volks magically reinforcing with shreks).

There is a possibility it's bugged, but nothing in the game files indicate that this is the case. If I'm wrong about this then I hope there is a rational explination for why this is indeed occurring.
4 Sep 2015, 23:15 PM
Patrion 14

All weapon rack weapons are easier to be dropped not by percentage chance but because they are not tied to the squad. If the model that is holding it dies there is a chance for the weapon to drop. You can see this effect in action USF who drop weapons more often (despite not having higher pure drop chance). Iv had games were I traded 1919's back and forth between my enemy several times. Almost all Axis slot weapon upgrades are either not able to be dropped at all, or are upgrades tied to the squad itself (which is why you see Volks magically reinforcing with shreks).

There is a possibility it's bugged, but nothing in the game files indicate that this is the case. If I'm wrong about this then I hope there is a rational explination for why this is indeed occurring.

I will tell you right now you are wrong. You can keep talking about statistics all day, but the fact of the matter is that it IS happening. Stop wasting time and go see for yourself.
4 Sep 2015, 23:18 PM

I will tell you right now you are wrong. You can keep talking about statistics all day, but the fact of the matter is that it IS happening. Stop wasting time and go see for yourself.

Why are you so hostile? I said I was open to evidence that I was wrong, but "god find it yourself" seems like a rude thing to say to someone asking for proof!
4 Sep 2015, 23:55 PM

Oh and there actually is a difference between Scoped and Regular Lee's! Scoped take 1 second longer to reload :romeoPro:

slotted weapon goes to the next free model. If there's no free model then it roll for drop.

Assuming the squad size upgrade is purchased, the 2 scope lee enfield drop the number of free models to 3. Since most tommies are also given 2 bren as well, they start dropping weapon once they are down to 4 men.
4 Sep 2015, 23:58 PM

slotted weapon goes to the next free model. If there's no free model then it roll for drop.

Assuming the squad size upgrade is purchased, the 2 scope lee enfield drop the number of free models to 3. Since most tommies are also given 2 bren as well, they start dropping weapon once they are down to 4 men.

The question is why do Scope Lee's cause this to happen but the other slot weapons like G43's don't cause it? Because as far as I cant tell there is nothing in the Scope Lee's files into indicate why this would occur (both slot file and weapon file).
5 Sep 2015, 00:11 AM

The question is why do Scope Lee's cause this to happen but the other slot weapons like G43's don't cause it? Because as far as I cant tell there is nothing in the Scope Lee's files into indicate why this would occur (both slot file and weapon file).

g43 and the scope lee enfield have 0% drop rate.

When it was possible to buy lmg42 and g43 together it would cause the lmg42 to drop. Most squads are also not overloaded like the vet3 tommies and the guards.
5 Sep 2015, 00:16 AM

g43 and the scope lee enfield have 0% drop rate.

When it was possible to buy lmg42 and g43 together it would cause the lmg42 to drop. Most squads are also not overloaded like the vet3 tommies and the guards.

I know that, but my point is that G43's and Lee's have a slot size of 0 meaning they should have no impact on the squads ability to hold weapons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★