Login

russian armor

Brit PoV from Ostheer side in 4vs4

4 Sep 2015, 16:03 PM

I don't own the Brit myself, I played them during the Alpha. I'm not an Axis Fanboi, my stats can demonstrate but since yesterday I decided to play Ostheer for a while till the Brit hype get a bit down.

I just want to share some impressions, I have been playing mainly 4vs4. they are purely directed vs brit since my opinion is also Ostheer vs Sov or USF is well balanced actually.

1- It is better to build asap a mortar, Ostheer mortar is in my opinion the best overall counter to brit, early - mid and late game (late game except vs armored stuff)
2- Not more than 1 MG42, they are too squishy vs brit. Of course they do their job by pinning but you lose them really fast because of their long setup - unsetup delay. You have to hit retreat button before half-life in many situations if you don't want to lose them.
3- Wasp is a really cheesy unit. it can unpop a squad in a house before you hit the exit button, to put in relation with point 2. A MG42 in a building is a dead unit if a wasp is at range.
4- I can't find a place for the 222, wasp has a big range and you must take a lot of risk to chase it down .
5- AEC 2 shots a full health 222. You can't escape an AEC with your 222. I don't think a Stuart 2 shots a 222 or a M20 is 2 shot by a Puma. I would consider 3 shots is correct. Only 2 shots is the kind of situation Relic wanted to remove from the game.
6- Panther is definitively not a meta unit vs Brit. I have been using them a lot and they just don't perform at all vs Brit. What I mean is Panthers have strength and weakness. And from what I have experienced, Brit simply negate completely its strength while they also completely deal on its weakness.
7- Ostheer T3 is meta vs Brit (in 4vs4 at least). Fast Pz4 or Ostwind with Stug and then keep them alive and blob them.
8- Stug perform really really well vs Brit, but you need a P4 or a Ostwind to soak some damage for it.
9- Didn't try Sniper and haven't see anybody abusing vs Brit
10- Ostheer T4 doesn't perform at all in fact vs Brit.

And you?
4 Sep 2015, 16:20 PM

Been playing Brits lots, ostheer t3 ruins Brits.
4 Sep 2015, 16:25 PM

dat turbo mortar man im happy relics gonna nerf it
4 Sep 2015, 16:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Just switch to allies.
4 Sep 2015, 16:36 PM
Donator 11

How to defeat 4v4 Brits -> easy game GG WP...

UKF is very manpower intensive and they are keen on defending one specific position (fuel,ammo,vp)

Few important information
1. dont let them dig up defences. E.g the bofors AA emplacement and the 17 pounder are very hard to destroy (especially with brace structure). If they have such positions the whole team need to set the focus on those things.
2. Try to hold double fuel and harass the VP asap (try to keep them tripple capped all the time)
3. Ostheer > OKW

My Ostheer build order

T0/T1 HMG, Gren, Gren, Gren, Gren, mortar/HMG/pio
T2 PAK, !Halftrack with flamethrowers!, PAK or Gren/PGren

Grens are very effective against all kind of infantry and if you keep them alive and spend few MGs they will kill the enemy inf with ease

Sniper can also be a good call! (Especially in combiniation with Osttruppen (as meatshield))
I wouldnt build a mortar (depending on the situation e.g Vickers in houses) because a flamethrower HT which will arrive at 5-7min can easily deal with MGs (most of the UKF players dont have PIATS or mines at this time but dont be too aggressive with your important HT)

Some Tips

I love to play with an Ostwind combinend with 2-3 PAK40s (pak wall) + Halftrack and few Grens... it is the best combination for all kind of stuff UKF has (you need to watch out for arti and AVRE!)
Also a command tank is very good in combiniation with 2-3 PAK40s and dont forget your HT it is the key to success

Panthers are actually pretty strong against UKF. I used them serval times now against Churchills and Fireflys (defintely way better than a Tiger due to higher armor)... An elephant is also no bad call but I would use a Tiger. (wouldnt recommend PIVs (except Command tank)) better go for an Ostwind combinend with few AT Guns

Watch out for Piat Blobs... Piats are kinda broken (they will always penetrate vehicles) and deal quite a large amount of dmg.

Also the LEFH is now a pretty good call and dont forget to use the Panzerwerfer (will also get buffed after next patch).

Commander
I love to go for
german mechanized (command tank + smoke + arti + spectiv) = perfect combiniation for a working pak wall! You need vision for your "wall" use the spectiv on your tanks!!!
and mobile defense (capping pressure due to fast recap ability)

I hope I helped you a bit :)
Enjoy the game, cya ingame!
4 Sep 2015, 16:39 PM

How to destroy brits

1) 2 snipers right away
2) 2 hmgs 2 mortars 5 flamerpios
3) 2 hmgs 2 mortars 3 222(they rape ac)

Choose whatever you want for easy wins.
4 Sep 2015, 16:39 PM

Ostheer can beat them easily from early on in larger matches. Just do:
MG, Sniper, Gren/Mortar, Mortar/Gren.
Then, an additional Gren or MG will be useful. If the enemy went Bren, a 222 or flamer halftrack can be devastating.

As OKW... build a medic HQ and spam leig.
4 Sep 2015, 16:41 PM

During the trial, I had no problem beating Brits as Ostheer, Grenadiers remain powerful at long range and backed by an MG-42 they were unstoppable. The only time Tommies outperform your grens is when they're in cover. The only thing you can do then is bring the MG-42 up and suppress them.

OT: Has the Rifle 'nade received a nerf? I've been shooting it at packed Tommy squads in cover and it's done some damage to models but nothing much else, not even a single model killed...
4 Sep 2015, 16:43 PM

Most stuff here I agree.

Why have you not tried the sniper? It is easily one of the most over performing units against Brits right now.

If on an open map 2 sniper makes Brits give up all ground until they can find a counter, meanwhile you can settle in and place all sorts of nasty surprises for them.

AC is very useful against Brits. Don't chase wasps push them back. A single volley of AC and they have to run.

Agree MG's are limited in use.

Mortars are good until they get their first emplacement up and then they have to just sit there firing at it. Still have some uses, but get wiped pretty easily.

Pak is useful in all situations.

Grens still perform like a champ, but very vulnerable to wipes.

T4 is out,as you said. T3 is hot. TA is also out. Elephant still useful. MtHT is amazing. FHT is stupid because vet does not help it, but still useful.

Werfer, in current state, is not helpful. PG's are also limited in use.

Because of the power of Brit inf I find myself avoiding straight up duels with my grens. Instead I rely on snipers, and suppression to deal with them. This free's up lots of munitions, which are helpful in making apparently vulnerable targets bait in a trap. Cruiser tanks are especially vulnerable to seeking out what looked like unguarded flanks.

For instance place a stug covering a road, but clearly a bit too far forward. Place two tellers on the unprotected flank and rear. Keep your infantry immediately behind or along side your Stug. Brit players will not engage stug frontally, but rely on the flank to get the kill. If possible keep a pak well in reserve to cover the rear. As soon as he hits the teller draw all your forces away to immediately destroy the tank. A single MG can hold up a brit infantry front long enough for you to finish off a tank. You should have already bled him early of MP so late game bleed simply solidifies the win.

If you get into a standoff, do not attempt to push. Stablize the line and then get 1 or 2 artillery pieces (MHT, mortar, LeFH). If you have none you will have to get werfers. Target the emplacements holding up your tanks first. As soon as one comes down push forward and take the nearest point. Force him to fall back and attempt to set up again. Rarely will you be able to full on route the Brits, and this makes you vulnerable if you over extend so instead solidify your gains, and then use a scout to find the next artillery target.

DO NOT CHASE TANKS. Brit tanks are too fast, and their AT options in the mid to late game too dangerous to risk pushing. Take consolation in the fact that every point of damage on a Brit tank is vet for your stugs and do a better job of finishing tanks off.

Brumbar on city maps can be a useful unit to deal with Brits. They can fire over shot blockers and the expensive Brit infantry suffer to it. They are also excellent against emplacements.

Flamer pio's can be very useful. Consider building pio's just for flames on maps with lots of buildings.
4 Sep 2015, 16:44 PM
Donator 11

So far I have seen that 2 or 3 paks is a must in 3v3 and 4v4. Prviously axis could rely on their own armor to counter allied armor. Much less so now.

I don't see why an AEC shouldn't 2 shot a 222. It is 70 fuel plus teching costs. Not to mention a 222 comes out way before an AEC will.

We will have to wait for the next patch and see and give it time for adapting to happen.

Also, the only sure fire thing right now is snipers. Every shot is 10 seconds of Manpower gone.
4 Sep 2015, 17:03 PM

Permanently Banned
build a sniper
4 Sep 2015, 20:50 PM

Wooo, I'm not talking about how to play, neither asking for it. And I know 2 snipers can easily kill them, or a 222 spam.
I just try different approaches with Ostheer avoiding the obvious sniper because it is to me a real cheesy strat.

And I also don't agree that Ostheer mortar is countered by brit ones. Sometime it does, but I have been mostly successful.

The idea was to share impression on how perform units vs Brit.
4 Sep 2015, 21:08 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, ost T3 fast p4 spam destroys the brits in 4 vs 4.

The meta is: fuel cashes -> T3 -> p4 spam and blob -> gg
4 Sep 2015, 21:08 PM

How to destroy brits

1) 2 snipers right away
2) 2 hmgs 2 mortars 5 flamerpios
3) 2 hmgs 2 mortars 3 222(they rape ac)

Choose whatever you want for easy wins.
All countered by a single Bren carrier. You need Grens with faust for protection. The 222s come too late. Add one Soviet to that equation and the Snipers are going to get overrun.
4 Sep 2015, 21:11 PM

How units preform against brits? Well, as soon as Brits hit 12cp and get croc all your infantry became useless dead weight. If this croc supported by fireflies all your tanks close to useless as well.

You either cheese brits to death with throwing everything cheesy abusive and overpowered you can on them like allies did versus axis in previous patches or you lose hard (all depends on skill differences ofc, but if teams skill is pretty even and you decided to play fair, you would lose). If you want to play solid reliable strats play brits. Tides have turned.

Wehr roster in general is all from t1,t2,t3 plus mortarHT, pgrenHT, stug e, if you haven't won game by 15-20 minutes you are dead, nothing can save you (well, super bad opponents can. in theory).

OKW roster is all inf they have minus volks heavy strats, command panther with mark target and jp4 can fight British tanks reliably well, good p2 usage can drain Brits to nothing, sturmtiger also puts immense pressure on Brits. OKW lategame depends on how good you with your armor and how bad your opponents with their, if you manage to get jp4 to vet5, you may be able to have a chance against hordes of comets, fireflies, never ending strafes, and near invulnerable crocs, but even then cant do anything by yourself. You need to rely on your teammates to coordinate perfect flanks and attacks to just have bleak chance of winning those engagements.

p.s. hmgs and sturms kill bren carriers lol, and you have teammates for protection. I don't count soviets or ami for obvious purposes, but if you expect them, throw 2 grens or osttruppen or one shrecks pg squad into mix. In regards of serious games like 3sov+1brit or 2sov+1ami+1brits everything comes down to teamplay and builds are map/side/opponents dependable.
4 Sep 2015, 22:55 PM

I've had great success with the Panthers. But now that you mention it I will try T-3 instead. Get my StuG game on :)

Bren carrier can be a tad too much,especially the repair ability. A quick pak/raketen will negate them quite well. (Spotters for the pak is needed ofc.)
Going quick 222 I've found to be a bit risky. There is a good chance one of them gets the carrier with flamers, which ofc is countered by the 222. However chances are another brit gets the AC and then a Pak would have been better, you never go wrong with paks.

Ooh and bring fire. 251 or pios and burn those braced up structures. arty wont get them anyhow, solution is to flame grill them to a crisp.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★