Login

russian armor

okw vs brits 1v1

4 Sep 2015, 19:22 PM
Donator 22

LeIG sniper gun is your friend, enjoy wiping full squad with the ultra long range rambo canon :)
4 Sep 2015, 22:10 PM
Donator 11

Maybe im writing this topic too fast but after 5 okw games they seem to be countered every way by the brits and struggle in every field. Volks get eatin up by the dps of tommy infantry. early flak emplacments have ridculous dps. all british emplacements survive endless stuka barrages. Tommy enginners murdur anything in close range for 210mp. i mean its endless the brits have a counter in every aresenal. firefly is a panther on steriods.

I think AA halftrack work well against brits as the only counter is the armored car which can go down faster then it manages to kill the aa halftrack
5 Sep 2015, 02:30 AM
Donator 11

They fixed it, then unfixed it, and now it might be fixed. The code on it is messy and it seems like they might have incorrectly put the exception in. And I have been playing release but not been playing Brits (because fuck waiting 2 hours for a game) and have just been fortunate enough not to play against someone with that commander :D

I used it yesterday. It sucks.
5 Sep 2015, 02:56 AM

I can see Panzerfusilier spam into Puma spam working
5 Sep 2015, 11:26 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Third defamatory post today now invised. Please up your game, guys, and stop the personal abuse?

Back to topic
5 Sep 2015, 11:41 AM
Patrion 14

Pak43 + P4 is deadly vs Brits.
Lay mines for the incoming avre, watch your pak43 kill all emplacements.
Brits lack some accurate arty vs the pak, only thing i can think of is the reinforce half track arty.
5 Sep 2015, 12:22 PM

ISGs are becoming a staple in my build order against UKF. I can honestly say getting at least one ISG will always pay off, although I normally wait until I see an emplacement before I build my first ISG. I just do the standard 3-4 volks (this gives you time to see if they'll put out a UC, AC or build an emplacement). If they get a UC or AC I go repair truck and get a Puma, if they build an emplacement I go Med truck and get out a couple ISGs. If they are straight up spamming emplacements (I don't know why anyone would, they cost a shit ton and keep you from fielding infantry), go for a third ISG. If they're getting cute with brace, go for scavenge doctrine, equip a couple volks with schrecks, bait them into the brace with the ISG and assault with your volks using infiltration nades. The real challenge is spotting a Bofors before you let your infantry walk into it since its damage output against infantry is unreasonably high and it has a tendency to wipe your squad on its opening salvos. Also make sure not to over extend so that a retreat makes you run through its firing radius.

You have to choose your fights really carefully against tommies; Try to lure them out of cover. Always outnumber a tommy squad 2:1 with your volks, and if you have your sturms around try and flank them so that they have to retreat through them. Again, the ISG will help you here as well since they will force the tommies to keep moving, which is when they are most vulnerable since they lose their damage buff. The engineers can only really do damage if they close on you, ensure they don't by outnumbering them and focusing them down while they try to move in.

As far as late game goes I can't really help you there, I've only played one game vs brits out to the point that I saw fireflies and comets. I can suggest 1+ racketen, KT supported by schrecked, vetted volks and JP4s. Also make sure to place some mines and try to bait UKFs armor into them.
5 Sep 2015, 12:29 PM

Well yes, of course. It was only my third game vs. the Brits in 1v1 same as his third as them. If someone who can barely crack top 1,000 is putting up a fight vs. top 100 in the matchup then maybe it isn't as scary as this thread would have people believe.

You ppl make it sound as if those top ladder players would be gods or something. News flash, someone has to take rank 1 to 1000 when 20k ppl are playing, if they want it or not. xP

Winning games in CoH2 is 80% player skill, 10% map choice regarding your faction, 5% RNG and 5% balance issues.

Simon lost his sniper and an IS pretty early on. For Brits that spells disaster. You had everything under control with your superior numbers in infantry and chose to throw it all away late game by losing 2 Volks and 1 Fallsch squad due to awareness problems and some bad luck while retreating.

All you had to do was holding the line (read: the VPs) with defensive placement of units and you would have won 5 minutes later. That was not a balance issue regarding late game. You steamrolled him up until his point because his unit management was iffy and Volks are cheap as hell.

If anything, Brits vs OKW is being decided by how much Brits lose in the early game. OKW will float MP against Brits as well, so it comes down to the UKF performance. When OKW has 5 infantry squads and UKF has 2, double Comet won't save the day if ppl know what they are doing.

Most UKF nerfs are directed against team games.
5 Sep 2015, 13:26 PM

Still the okw has some serious issues dealing with the emplacements and brits in buildings. we really need those incendiary grenades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 141
Germany 20
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L