Login

russian armor

Brits power distribution during match duration.

Is British power distribution skewed too much?
Option Distribution Votes
40%
60%
How do you rate the british early game? (0- 8/9 mins)
5%
50%
45%
How do you rate the british mid game? (8/9-18 mins)
16%
20%
64%
How do you rate the british late game? (18+ mins)
42%
3%
55%
Total votes: 251
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Sep 2015, 05:09 AM

This thread is not about specific balance issues; but a more general issue. Please keep the rage/nerf/tears away from this thread.

In my experience, brits have the weakest early game of all factions and strongest late game. But I think the power levels of the faction are skewed in the extreme.

Its a mess to survive early-mid game against ostheer even, and keep in mind that ostheer is designed as and well known as a defensive powerhouse i.e. not the best at attacking.

The mid-game is all reactive with the exception of the AEC.

But if you (miraculously) reach late game, the tables turn the other way. Brits have the best lategame of all factions, IF they can get that far.

It is my opinion that the power distribution is skewed in the extreme and that this ought to be redressed. Mind you, I know that different factions are meant to have different strengths, but I think the brits take this approach into a really big extreme.

Please contribute to the discussion by:

First: Is this hypothesis even worthwhile? If not, let us not waste time on it.

Second: If it is; lets try to nail down specific issues one by one; either in this thread or in separate ones.

Please contribute chaps. I've set up some polls, please vote honestly.
3 Sep 2015, 05:25 AM

In my experience vs the Brits so far I would say that they early game isnt as weak as many think.

A good HMG provides good cover, the bofors and the Armoured car are both units which perform very well. The bofors just shreds light vehicles such as the Puma, Flak Ht and 222, as well as infantry the armoured car scales very well. its like a stuart with better armour and scale's better.

Mortar emplacement is very good, but costly. Engineers are just slightly worse Ass grens.

Just played against some very good infantry play. Infi Section in cover with LMG in my opinion have crazy good survivability and reasonable damage. I think early Weapon racks are key for UKF.

Only big problem is Osth sniper, virtually forces bolster IS size and UKF lose massive amounts of MP, until they can maybe get a counter snipe. Good players will field 2 almost certainly as Ostheer.

3 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

the fact that they can field a bren carrier before OKW even gets a 2nd squad out is fucking stupid.

Brits are overpower OKW easily.
3 Sep 2015, 07:45 AM

Just collecting opinions here. Once we have a good number of votes we can see what the general consensus is. I agree these are all 'first impression days', so I'll do another study like this in a month or so when the meta has settled. Then we can compare with objective numbers :D
3 Sep 2015, 07:45 AM

But ty for the feedback lateralus & celtics.
3 Sep 2015, 07:58 AM

the fact that they can field a bren carrier before OKW even gets a 2nd squad out is fucking stupid.

Brits are overpower OKW easily.

How about the fact that OKW will have 4 volks on field, totaling up to 5 capping squads when UKF will have 2 rifles, bren and maybe 3rd on the way?

Harass his cutoffs, stretch his early game tiny army and you've got huge tech advantage.

OKW can effortlessly outcap and out tech UKF.
3 Sep 2015, 08:33 AM

actually nvm this post didn't make much sense so I edited it all out.
3 Sep 2015, 08:34 AM

How about the fact that OKW will have 4 volks on field, totaling up to 5 capping squads when UKF will have 2 rifles, bren and maybe 3rd on the way?

Harass his cutoffs, stretch his early game tiny army and you've got huge tech advantage.

OKW can effortlessly outcap and out tech UKF.

Katitof has spoken and i actually agree with him
3 Sep 2015, 11:36 AM

weak in early game but not TOO weak.
strong in late game but not TOO strong.

maybe you check options of polls again?
3 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM

The option is there if you think theyre ok
3 Sep 2015, 17:41 PM

Relic considers asymmetrical timing balance to be enjoyable so more asymmetry must be better. They are the pros and I am not, right?

(Yeah, I am in a sarky mood today.)
3 Sep 2015, 17:49 PM

Generally the brits will have difficulty early game and it can just snowball from there.
By the time the brits get a foothold, they can be just broken down again by being outnumbered and swarmed.

In 2v2s and up they really need some support from Soviets or USF, which generally isn't happening because everyone wants to play the new faction.
3 Sep 2015, 18:17 PM

Katitof has spoken and i actually agree with him

+1

Played at OKW 1vs1 several times last night vs. Brits and that was my experience. Trick is to not get an early Kubel if you suspect an early Bren Carrier. OKW also has this thing called a Raken in their HQ that makes short work of Bren Carriers. ^^
3 Sep 2015, 18:38 PM

Generally the brits will have difficulty early game and it can just snowball from there.
By the time the brits get a foothold, they can be just broken down again by being outnumbered and swarmed.

In 2v2s and up they really need some support from Soviets or USF, which generally isn't happening because everyone wants to play the new faction.

That's exactly what I mean. They're meant to have a weak early game, sure; just like ostheer. Except they're worse than ostheer in that regard.
4 Sep 2015, 01:28 AM

I'd prefer the strength of any faction in the early, mid, and late game be determined more by the outcomes of the matchup and player choices, not the faction's core design.

That said you could say the brits are in a "good spot" but there are critical flaws in which they are heavily crippled (v ost snipers) as well as excessively cost efficient. (v OKW early on, churchills, etc) There's no right answer in determining how they're balanced overall currently.
4 Sep 2015, 02:21 AM

for first time in a long time im not frustrated when i lose when playing the brits because i know they are on par against the axis unlike the USF...so depressing every time i play them =( wish relic did something about it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★