Login

russian armor

Upcoming Patch Balance Preview by Jason Lee

PAGES (10)down
3 Sep 2015, 03:49 AM

I like this preview. Am concerned about some things still (But that can and will wait till testing); but on the whole, I think this is the start of a beautiful new era :D

As the sapper says: Well done boyo!
3 Sep 2015, 03:51 AM

Errrr... Do you realize that you have argued against pretty much EVERY Axis Nerf and EVERY Allied buff?

Fanbois much?
3 Sep 2015, 07:12 AM

Now...when you just cant develope 2 factions to be appealing with straight up balance and another two factions are more appealing because of quality appearences(in terms of being the "Protoss over the Zerg") then you just need to nerf those two factions and destroy balance completly to achieve a balance of faction picks.
#designerlogic
3 Sep 2015, 07:20 AM

Interesting nitpicking...

Sorry, was really worth commenting since it was so bad. :P

+1, the fanboyism is strong within that one :clap:
The one above me isn't far behind though :clap:
3 Sep 2015, 07:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I find it slightly amusing his name has Calliope in it but yet he's axis biased
3 Sep 2015, 07:47 AM

+1, the fanboyism is strong within that one :clap:
The one above me isn't far behind though :clap:

And so are you? I mean where did you find any reference for which faction I cheer on?
Your plain simple comment just made an APPROVE to the whole issue I mentioned. Thanks for that, Mr. Fanboy#1.
3 Sep 2015, 07:52 AM

Has the Cavalry Commander actually been confirmed? I heard its fake. Personally I have the same feeling...it looks way stronger than any other USF Commander. I mean, a major Upgrade to Core-Infantry with Thompsons AND Sprint to effectively bypass MGs (especially if you combine it with smoke), great Offmap-Support with a Strafe and Arty AND the Pershing? Seems like fan-fiction to me, since this Commander would basically be a no-brainer. Why would I ever choose an other commander?
3 Sep 2015, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 07:47 AMHiflex

And so are you? I mean where did you find any reference for which faction I cheer on?
Your plain simple comment just made an APPROVE to the whole issue I mentioned. Thanks for that, Mr. Fanboy#1.

You seem to be butthurt about the fact that allies have 3 armies and axis 2.
Isn't that right?

I'm a fanboy is balanced game for all armies, it doesn't matter if one side have 100 armies and another 2, if the game is balanced at the end, its fine.
3 Sep 2015, 08:01 AM

Has the Cavalry Commander actually been confirmed? I heard its fake. Personally I have the same feeling...it looks way stronger than any other USF Commander. I mean, a major Upgrade to Core-Infantry with Thompsons AND Sprint to effectively bypass MGs (especially if you combine it with smoke), great Offmap-Support with a Strafe and Arty AND the Pershing? Seems like fan-fiction to me, since this Commander would basically be a no-brainer. Why would I ever choose an other commander?

That's what I'm thinking too.
3 Sep 2015, 08:39 AM

I don't like the idea of balancing team games in 'one faction lategame up, so another faction lategame op balances that' way.
3 Sep 2015, 08:40 AM

.50 will be a bit more useful. I have see that in the Brit patch riflenade will be nerf and now the .50 has more survivability on retreat.

BARs modification on the move is weird imo. I would have make the stat modification on RM itself, cuz now RE are going to be far more interesting to flank with BAR.

RM vet upgrade is all good, 10% faster vet bulletin is going to be a must have.

Sherman buff is good, more survivability was a primary buff I would have add for sure to leave it as a flexible armor platform. With the coming of OKW super Pz4 as stock, Stug being up, sherman was a non-good option for USF.

So far, happy with the changes.

And for 3vs3 and 4vs4, better shermans and better rifles is going to help a lot to play because at the end those 2 units are the backbone of your armies.
3 Sep 2015, 08:44 AM

I don't like the idea of balancing team games in 'one faction lategame up, so another faction lategame op balances that' way.

Except brits are not op late game.
They are on pair with axis late game.

Comet stands up to panther, but its more expensive and have worse AT stats.
Brits have no tiger/is-2 equivalent, but have churchill damage sponges.

Axis AT is still far superior with super heavy TDs.
3 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

"Flame Weapon dot duration increased from 3 sec to 20 sec."

Can someone explain this to me please?
Thank you!
3 Sep 2015, 09:06 AM

This update is live? or next week?
3 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM

This update isn't in yet. It (is/will) be available as a mod, and the devs are using it to preview upcoming balance changes. Please try the mod and give constructive support
3 Sep 2015, 09:24 AM

I agree with this, it's a shame they'd rather make the Mortars more passive roles than active roles.

Just triple bulletin it :foreveralone:
3 Sep 2015, 09:29 AM

Except brits are not op late game.
They are on pair with axis late game.

Comet stands up to panther, but its more expensive and have worse AT stats.
Brits have no tiger/is-2 equivalent, but have churchill damage sponges.

Axis AT is still far superior with super heavy TDs.

True that.

Have seen SNF cast a game where a Vet 2 panther could get away multiple times while being engaged by a vet 3 Comet :foreveralone:
3 Sep 2015, 09:31 AM

"Flame Weapon dot duration increased from 3 sec to 20 sec."

Can someone explain this to me please?
Thank you!

DOT = Damage over time

So they increased the time it takes for flamers to deal max damage vs static units, from 3 to 20 sec.

So if flamer damage is for example 100, the the DPS looks like 5, 10, 15, etc. instead of 33 66 100 (3sec)

Someone correct me if im wrong pls :clap:
3 Sep 2015, 10:09 AM

Good list.

Volksgrenadiers

We wanted to give OKW a soft building counter options. This should help OKW deal against garrisoned enemies. (Need an icon)

Grenade replaced with incendiary grenade

Nice change, tho I liked the fact that Volksgrenadiers used a "normal" Stielhandgrenade.
3 Sep 2015, 10:52 AM

DOT = Damage over time

So they increased the time it takes for flamers to deal max damage vs static units, from 3 to 20 sec.

So if flamer damage is for example 100, the the DPS looks like 5, 10, 15, etc. instead of 33 66 100 (3sec)

Someone correct me if im wrong pls :clap:

No, they just made it last longer, they didn't nerf the total damage. DoT damage is per second, or atleast should be, but it's relic so who knows :romeoPro:
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS