Login

russian armor

Chruchill AVRE tank OP

PAGES (7)down
1 Sep 2015, 15:41 PM

Guys guys, haven't everyone figured out already that new factions are often OP (In most games) just to get everyone to want those nice new toys and thus buy the expansion?

Give it a month and it'll be fixed.
1 Sep 2015, 15:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to Balance - posters @ #19 and #20 - please stay on topic.
1 Sep 2015, 16:00 PM
Patrion 14

Likewise with the SturmTiger, something that strong shouldn't have so much health and armour. Pretty silly.

It should also have a munitions cost attached to it like in Coh1. Make it cost say 15 munitions each shot. that would make it interesting.

+1.

and both sturm tiger and this is so stupid.
1 Sep 2015, 16:04 PM

AVRE doesn't have 1600hp... stock anvil church have.
AVRE and croc have less.
1 Sep 2015, 16:08 PM
Donator 22

Everyone cried how the sturmtiger is balanced and it didn't need a nerf, now the avre is op? LOL

Sturmtiger reload time is 50 seconds and between the reload time very fragile . Of course hes OP but the avre needs some adjustment as well. HP nerf or increased reload time.
1 Sep 2015, 16:15 PM
Donator 33

Looking forward to a Sturmtiger AVRE thread to discuss what to do. As now Both sides will come to the table hopefully. Pretty silly it takes a unit with lower Pen, Range and AOE than the Sturm to begin the conversation though. Drive forward nuke, reverse to safety, The concept is annoying but now at least all will see it.
1 Sep 2015, 16:15 PM

That's because it's with axis tears now.
Allies tears=L2P scrubz
Axis tears=OMG OP, PLZ NERF

this :snfPeter:
1 Sep 2015, 16:23 PM

AVRE doesn't have 1600hp... stock anvil church have.
AVRE and croc have less.

They all have 1600 HP. The only difference on the hull of the tank is that the AVRE and Croc have slightly less max speed and acceleration.
1 Sep 2015, 16:30 PM

Permanently Banned
LOL wtf 1280 is already super high. but 1600 HAHAHAHA plus high armor? Talk about unkillable. It can crawl away with engine damage taking loads of hits. But its just a sponge. lol seriously 1600? hahahahahaha
1 Sep 2015, 17:44 PM

LOL wtf 1280 is already super high. but 1600 HAHAHAHA plus high armor? Talk about unkillable. It can crawl away with engine damage taking loads of hits. But its just a sponge. lol seriously 1600? hahahahahaha

What is hindering you to go for tank destroyers which can farm xp like crazy thanks to those slow moving tanks?
1 Sep 2015, 17:52 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Croc isn't a meatshield... It's a meatgrinder of monstrous proportions
1 Sep 2015, 17:56 PM

I played a match against the AI last night as Ostheer, and the AI brought out a Churchill.
It showed up on the left fuel of Arnhem checkpoint, so in the Northern half of the map. I had a Grenadier squad and two P4s right there. I immediately fausted and crippled it, and the AI presented its rear to me and drove for its base without bringing up any support.
I chased it with the two P4s, firing into its rear armor the whole way.
The Churchill made it all the way to the Southeastern most corner of the map, then turned on me and killed one P4, and mutual killed the other, which had gotten to Vet 2 from firing into its rear armor the whole time.

And you want to tell me these things do not have too much HP?
1 Sep 2015, 18:01 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

If even the AI can use it right while being it wtong it must be OP :luvDerp:
1 Sep 2015, 18:03 PM
Patrion 14

Now people know how USF feels vs an abused sturmtiger repair ability.
I hope relic deletes or nerfs both the avre and the sturmtiger. These things are mobile B4s.
1 Sep 2015, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

No way to defend this, units like the AVRE and Sturmtiger are cancer in a game designed around positioning and unit preservation.
1 Sep 2015, 18:09 PM
Patrion 39

The rest of the commander is kinda crap, but the AVRE makes up for it because of how broken it is
1 Sep 2015, 18:13 PM

I honestly don't think the AVRE is that bad, and it doesn't have as much health as OP was talking about. People are overreacting a bit to this. The AVRE operates just like the sturmtiger. Same AOE, same dmg, however AVRE has a rotating turret but a bit shorter range and automatic reload, I would just say make the reload longer or decrease the AOE, not nerf it into oblivion. :foreveralone:
1 Sep 2015, 18:15 PM

it doesn't have as much health as OP was talking about.

Every single Churchill variant has 1600 health without exception.
1 Sep 2015, 18:18 PM

I honestly don't think the AVRE is that bad, and it doesn't have as much health as OP was talking about. People are overreacting a bit to this. The AVRE operates just like the sturmtiger. Same AOE, same dmg, however AVRE has a rotating turret but a bit shorter range and automatic reload, I would just say make the reload longer or decrease the AOE, not nerf it into oblivion. :foreveralone:

"Operates just like the Sturmtiger"

With all due respect, that's the problem. The Sturmtiger is also a hilariously broken unit, and introducing a second one into the game doesn't make things any better. Especially when this one has a much quicker reload, isn't vulnerable like the ST when reloading, gets a faster reload at Vet 1, faster aiming at Vet 2, and becomes impossible to faust and cripple at Vet 3.
1 Sep 2015, 19:24 PM

Like my own experience and Stormless video presents is the Churchill AVRE really over the top. I one hit some axis tanks with it (not sure if he is even able to oneshot Kingtiger) and its really ridiculous. :hansRAGE:

- Huge amound of HP (1600, the highest ingame?)
- 360° moving turret
- just a reload of 40 secounds
- reloading while moving makes it extrem nasty and agile in combat
- giving oneshots most of the axis tanks
- even more imbalanced as Sturmtiger

actually the victim panther didn't have full hp. It looks like the panther took a shot earlier and was at 640 hp when the Petard mortar hit.

Still, the AVRE and Sturmtiger are both ridiculous.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
Mexico 17
unknown 10
New Zealand 11
unknown 6
Peru 1
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #