Login

russian armor

Brits first impressions (post here)

PAGES (10)down
31 Aug 2015, 21:14 PM

The map is shit like La gleize, camping in buildings..

But overall strong in all parts of game if played properly.
nee
31 Aug 2015, 21:26 PM

Lol so much for trial. Everyone wants to play brits and no one wants to play opposition.

Scammed suckers
31 Aug 2015, 21:28 PM

Tanks is sooo slow
31 Aug 2015, 21:35 PM

Some stats just to give people and idea of what they are dealing with:

-IS/Sappers have 80% received accuracy

-Commando's have 72% received accuracy

-Churchill frontal armor is 280

-Churchill's have 1600 health

-Comet has 800 HP and 290 frontal armor

-Cromwell/Firefly has 160 frontal armor and 640 hit points

-IS rifles have almost uniform accuracy across all ranges meaning getting closer to hit shit isn't going to do much

-British LMG's are inverse to normal LMG's, they do better DPS as you get close.

-The British 6 Pounder Penetration is 210/200/190

-The Churchill/Cromwell's pen is 135/120/105, it's scatter is about 2 lower than that of a PIV's

-The Comets pen is 210/190/170

-It's scatter angle is the same as the Churchill and Cromwells but it's scatter distance is lower than the KT's

-The pen of the Firefly is 260/240/210, it's damage is 200, it's reload is 10 seconds

31 Aug 2015, 22:02 PM

Kinda sucks that we can only play on the new maps as well. Took some time to get used to the Brits and the maps alike... Heidelberg looks awesome, but needs a winter version. :B

Well, the Brits play weird. The AT emplacement is incredibly strong and knocked out a Panther in three hits. Ofc, that's what it should do. Emplacements eat your pop cap like nothing else.

If anything, I feel Brits are kinda limited in what they can do and very similar to USF, but without the backbone infantry that excels early and mid game. The damage in cover is really nice tho. Funnily enough I had the most problems against Ostheer mortars so far. 4 man per Squad increase the damage you take if one dies. Teching the bigger squad size delays your tech. UKF is basically the most skill reliant faction in the early game I think. Lose one Infantry Section or your early sniper and game over, since everything that gives you and advantage in the field is reliant on MP and Fuel it seems.

As far as I can see it, there are basically two ways to tech atm. You can either go armored car in T2 or save your fuel for T3 and take a medium tank, depending on how the game goes. Every squad loss in the early game sets you back big time, since your cheap infantry for capping missions comes with T2 at the earliest, Royal Engineer style.

I don't like that you can build multiple forward positions but have to unlock the retreat option again and again. The Firefly looks and sounds awesome, nuff said. The flamer range is great but it is now an area-of-denial weapon than anything else, so I think the range is justified.

And I am confused by the Commander Abilities. Didn't they say those share cooldowns? I assumed every single one of them did, but not. Only the ones of the same type. Still didn't get around to using them much since I was already kinda overstrained from trying to manage my units and using them correctly. -.-
31 Aug 2015, 22:10 PM

Shame that there are some many bugs like Stuka zu Fuss firing only 1 shell... :/

I did few tests and for example Panther wins 1v1 with Firefly (without tulips) and Comet farily easy.
King Tiger can take on 2 Fireflies (1 with rockets) and wins.
OKW PZ4 wrecks Cromwell (or it was just bad RNG for Cromwell).

So it's not like heavies are useless vs Soviets.
But still, it was a quick test on a range where units can engange each other.

And that FF turret rotation. Not a chance to flank KT.
31 Aug 2015, 22:12 PM

The most funny thing is that brits can't do shit against a Pz2 Kappa I wrecked soo many squads in my past 8 games (won them all) even against people of which I shouldn't win at all, since they're in top 25 so much better then me.

Also the infantry of brits is completely broken, until they get into cover then they're good
31 Aug 2015, 22:14 PM

A pretty matchmaking screen where despite choosing axis I still cannot get a game. :(
31 Aug 2015, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 22:02 PMQbix

Well, the Brits play weird. The AT emplacement is incredibly strong and knocked out a Panther in three hits. Ofc, that's what it should do. Emplacements eat your pop cap like nothing else.

Pak43 does the same thing, so it's fair
31 Aug 2015, 22:20 PM

Also the infantry of brits is completely broken, until they get into cover then they're good

That cover just happends to be everywhere.
31 Aug 2015, 22:25 PM

Run to an different position to go for a better angle of shooting and you lose your troops like hell ;). Unfortunatly there was 100% allies so only played axis. But I saw the problem with it.
31 Aug 2015, 22:26 PM

And then,

a wild ost mortar shell appears and wipe your whole squad.
31 Aug 2015, 22:41 PM

After playing a bunch of games i sorta came to the conclusion that...

In 1v1 i think the brits may be abit too manpower starved in the early game and will struggle. This + the fact it takes a while to field their 3rd squad. (especially if you build a bren carrier which you kinda need to harras the enemy's capping to bring yours in line with thers.).

In team games however its likely they will carry the allied team quite hard and we will prob see a shift in win/loss ratios in 3v3 and 4v4.

But yeah like i said in 1v1 i think some things may be abit too expensive for what they are.
31 Aug 2015, 22:51 PM

Not OP. Just good late game

lol i luv em =) they r gud now if only they made USF just as good late game as the brits
31 Aug 2015, 23:07 PM

Honestly, the Brits are not fun to play against or with. They tend to focus heavily on taking and holding ground (with limited offensive options until later), are a MP bleed nightmare, and have limited options to deal with obvious problems. The fighting in cover mechanic is tough in the early game where your enemy can refuse to fight you near sufficient cover. At this point you revert to an expensive rifle squad without buffs. By late game there are so many craters you can ignore the icon because it will always be lit.

Their emplacements are not really that good for their cost.

Playing against them is basically about slowly confining them and then artying them into oblivion.

Warning! First impression, not a lot of games so could be wrong.

Brits are gonna need some serious buffs to the early game or they are never going to get to the late game.
31 Aug 2015, 23:15 PM
Patrion 14

how do i download it? "Company of Heroes 2 - Limited Free Trial" is not downloadable for me.

right after, it became downloadable lol. nvm.
31 Aug 2015, 23:17 PM

Permanently Banned
EXTREMELY GOOD LATE GAME FACTION
31 Aug 2015, 23:18 PM

Its a very expensive faction, and very unforgiving. Losing your Tommies is actually a big deal.
31 Aug 2015, 23:19 PM

Honestly, the Brits are not fun to play against or with. They tend to focus heavily on taking and holding ground (with limited offensive options until later), are a MP bleed nightmare, and have limited options to deal with obvious problems. The fighting in cover mechanic is tough in the early game where your enemy can refuse to fight you near sufficient cover. At this point you revert to an expensive rifle squad without buffs. By late game there are so many craters you can ignore the icon because it will always be lit.

Their emplacements are not really that good for their cost.

Playing against them is basically about slowly confining them and then artying them into oblivion.

Warning! First impression, not a lot of games so could be wrong.

Brits are gonna need some serious buffs to the early game or they are never going to get to the late game.

This sounds like the Brits in real life. Mission accomplished Lelic
31 Aug 2015, 23:38 PM

Allied Axis faction
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak