Login

russian armor

MG42 vs Maxim

27 Aug 2015, 12:47 PM

MG42 is fine, incindiary rounds aren't and need to reduce their DPS (melt units, particularly in buildings). The best early vet1 ability now that mortar's precision strike is gone.

Maxim is in a great spot.

American HMG is the one that badly needs to be fixed.

When was the last time anyone saw someone use a Dshk?

27 Aug 2015, 13:03 PM

Ok then. If the majority thinks MG42 is OK. I'll not argue.
Perhaps I need to re think how I use them (although have been successfully using them from the beginning), but maybe it's Maxim that's not right in this equation.
Is the new Maxim a bit too much?
What's everyone's opinion?
27 Aug 2015, 15:47 PM
Patrion 39

The MG42 is amazing and the Maxim is also pretty darn strong now since the recent patch. That being said, my only complaint is that a Maxim can A move into a set up MG42 (that's not in green cover) and win.
27 Aug 2015, 19:15 PM

What is this vacuum where MG teams are fighting 1v1?
27 Aug 2015, 19:43 PM

buff mg-42, thats all we need :clap:
27 Aug 2015, 19:48 PM

The MG42 is amazing and the Maxim is also pretty darn strong now since the recent patch. That being said, my only complaint is that a Maxim can A move into a set up MG42 (that's not in green cover) and win.

I've had this happen to me too... its pretty annoying. Relic should rethink the mechanic where HMGs still fire even when pinned. Maxim A-moving into MG42 shouldn't cancel it out and then let other infantry swarm it if the MG42 gets the first burst off.

That being said both are in a good place I think.
27 Aug 2015, 20:31 PM

Both mgs are in a good place. Maxim may seem stronger to you OZ as an ostheer player but you have to factor okw players into this as well; and they generally have tons of infantry around so maxim needed AoE as well. Its still smaller than 42's
28 Aug 2015, 07:54 AM

just tired of the better killing power of the maxim and better suppress. MG42 won't suppress fast enough for crawl molotov/grenade that either kills or takes to 1 dude and then while suppressed they shoot and kill the guy
28 Aug 2015, 08:30 AM
Donator 11

just tired of the better killing power of the maxim and better suppress. MG42 won't suppress fast enough for crawl molotov/grenade that either kills or takes to 1 dude and then while suppressed they shoot and kill the guy

You need a spotter for your MG42. If it's self spotting, then it's often too late.
Or just move it instantly back a little if the engaging squad is supressed.

28 Aug 2015, 08:37 AM

You're 3 patches behind, update your game.

@kamk
Let MG42 be decrewed, recrew with pio, there, 42 sight range HMG while all other have 35(unless you recrew with pathfinders, in which case you end up with astronomical reinforce costs).
28 Aug 2015, 08:47 AM
Donator 11

@Katitof: you usually don't want your 42 to be decrewed in the first place, at least not early on, because it usually ends up being crewed by your enemy.

Later on it's usually covered, so re-crewing MGs with spotters is a fancy thing to do for sure.
28 Aug 2015, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 08:47 AMkamk
@Katitof: you usually don't want your 42 to be decrewed in the first place, at least not early on, because it usually ends up being crewed by your enemy.

Later on it's usually covered, so re-crewing MGs with spotters is a fancy thing to do for sure.

If you're really desperate/cheezy, you could just nade/flame yourself at base and recrew with pios after retreat with 1-2 mans left.

MG42 and pios have painfully strong synergy, you don't necessarily need to recrew with them, just keep them around, suppress something, move in pios for free vet. Cataclaw played like that long time ago already, pre sight range buff for pios and it worked well.
28 Aug 2015, 09:40 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 09:14 AMKatitof
MG42 and pios have painfully strong synergy, you don't necessarily need to recrew with them, just keep them around, suppress something, move in pios for free vet. Cataclaw played like that long time ago already, pre sight range buff for pios and it worked well.

Yup, nothing new there - it was always supposed to work like this.
Of course it's nice to have good damage dealers around. As i said earlier in the thread: you need spotters, and / or stuff to clean up. Current (and future) Pios (with flamers) work really nicely (or your usual LMG gren... well, whatever floats your boat)

For OKW it's even more fun: you shouldy try MG34 & SPios - that was my favorite early game pre M5-era in 2v2+
(still is with a mate who gets the Pak40 on time).

28 Aug 2015, 10:29 AM
Donator 11

This, I would really like all units to reload when out of combat. For instance, if an ostwind fires 4 shots and then sits out of battle, it shouldn't fire one shot then reload the next time it attacks.

That gotta be fixed asap Relic!
28 Aug 2015, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 08:37 AMKatitof

You're 3 patches behind, update your game.

@kamk
Let MG42 be decrewed, recrew with pio, there, 42 sight range HMG while all other have 35(unless you recrew with pathfinders, in which case you end up with astronomical reinforce costs).

Sorry but that's not true.
You are not able to rifle nade Maxim straight up front anymore but you can still throw a molotow at MG42, even with a spotter, although you need to use hoorah to do it.
28 Aug 2015, 13:00 PM

You are not able to rifle nade Maxim straight up front anymore but you can still throw a molotow at MG42, even with a spotter, although you need to use hoorah to do it.

28 Aug 2015, 13:24 PM

The only problem with maxim, is that after the recent buff people started spamming them again, and that's a pain in the ass, Specially in WFA buildings and specially as OKW. Or maybe it's just my problem.

I think 6 men is too much, give them the same HP as HMG42 but make it a 4 men squad.
28 Aug 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 13:00 PMArclyte

How about you check by yourself smart arse
28 Aug 2015, 14:11 PM
Donator 33

Let's assume for a moment that it's actually possible to throw a molotov at an MG42 (even with a spotter):

Why would you do that? You only bleed MP while charging that HMG and you deal absolutely no damage yourself. You might force that MG to reposition itself but that's it.

It might be harder to rifle nade maxims (it's still possible though) but you can at least deal some damage.
28 Aug 2015, 14:17 PM

They're both good now, Maxim has faster set up because of the lesser arc of fire, and the MG42 visa versa
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★