Login

russian armor

Captain costs 50 manpower to reinforce?

26 Aug 2015, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 09:22 AMNEVEC
Leutienant reinforce price is 25 manpower, captain is 30. If captain or leutienant is died (guy with tompson) reinforce price for whole squad increases to 50 manpower.

Same logic is working for okw sturmofficer, 35 manpower if officer alive, 50 manpower for every model if officer died.

If that is true, it has to go. MP bleed for USF is big enough already, that RNG element making things worse is just... ugh...
26 Aug 2015, 18:17 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 17:56 PMQbix

If that is true, it has to go. MP bleed for USF is big enough already, that RNG element making things worse is just... ugh...

What RNG? The US officer models doesn't have the received accuracy of the rest of the squad, and he is always in front, so he always dies first. :clap:

I guess relic really wanted to emulate how US officers had a much higher mortality rate than that of the men they led.
26 Aug 2015, 18:31 PM

What RNG? The US officer models doesn't have the received accuracy of the rest of the squad, and he is always in front, so he always dies first. :clap:

I guess relic really wanted to emulate how US officers had a much higher mortality rate than that of the men they led.

Yeah it makes no sense why officers in this game have 1 received accuracy, especially when if they die it can either force you to retreat or hamstring the squad he's in. Also squads with mixed values of units in them are never a good idea.

It would be nice if all officer squads in the game had a mechanic were the officer is always the last to die, could call the feature "Look at sir! Arrrgh!"
26 Aug 2015, 22:27 PM

USF Man power bleed late is game is terrible. Most of my games, I find myself with more fuel and no man power what so ever.
27 Aug 2015, 02:15 AM
Patrion 28

Yeah it makes no sense why officers in this game have 1 received accuracy, especially when if they die it can either force you to retreat or hamstring the squad he's in. Also squads with mixed values of units in them are never a good idea.

It would be nice if all officer squads in the game had a mechanic were the officer is always the last to die, could call the feature "Look at sir! Arrrgh!"

which is why they implemented "die last/damage distribution" to almost all squad leaders in dow2. it was a terrible idea in that game though because of the extra mechanics. might actually work in coh2.
27 Aug 2015, 02:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The Major costs 40 to reinforce as well.
27 Aug 2015, 03:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

which is why they implemented "die last/damage distribution" to almost all squad leaders in dow2. it was a terrible idea in that game though because of the extra mechanics. might actually work in coh2.

They did? I had no idea! I was only aware of Imps getting the former, which I found made perfect sense since Imp Sergeants were of course made of plastic (instead of brittle glass like their squad) compared to the other leaders.
27 Aug 2015, 03:29 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 03:07 AMVuther

They did? I had no idea! I was only aware of Imps getting the former, which I found made perfect sense since Imp Sergeants were of course made of plastic (instead of brittle glass like their squad) compared to the other leaders.

yeah, it happened in stages. first IG got it on their guys, then each faction that had a detection squad leader (chaos and SM) got those squad leaders made die last/damage share to try and counter lictor alpha, which backfired massively against good players who grabbed the sargent and wiped the squad... actually, i guess it wasn't all squad leaders, just IG and the two detectors mentioned. anyway, didn't work out well in that game because of stuff like the lictor alpha.
27 Aug 2015, 04:56 AM

I would love it in CoH2 actually because it makes sense that the Lieutenant or Captain stays alive, otherwise it just looks silly how often they replace officers. Same with the Ostheer Officer. OKW Officer can stay as-is because he grants passive bonuses and his death is a gameplay mechanic that OKW must be mindful of.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★