Login

russian armor

First Review British Forces

25 Aug 2015, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 07:29 AMEsxile
Playing Brit will be hard, oh yes... since you'll need people to play Axis!

We might actually see up to 45% allies in the que for more then 48 hours this time.
25 Aug 2015, 08:57 AM

I never said that, quote my comment of me saying that and I'll be more than happy to retract my comment
let alone crying about how a tank destroyers destroying tanks
Amnesia? Your comment was moderated and deleted.

Last time I checked the Panther was supposed to be a tank destroyer also. And from what I gather a more expensive one.
25 Aug 2015, 09:14 AM

you would complain about croc if it was axis, guaranteed

Lets not start on each other. And Katitof's been like that since game release. He used to be lolcake's allied counterpart (he got a bit better though)
25 Aug 2015, 11:00 AM

I was always a British player in the original Company of Heroes. I’ve got the reactions of a drunk sloth..

Sounds about right. Who needs APM when one can turtle?
Drunk sloth faction rehash incoming? :foreveralone:
25 Aug 2015, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 07:16 AMKatitof

Firefly does not have 60 sight range, panther can just rush it as its much faster and circle strafe it as it turns its turret like it was a heavy.

Also, one of most effective allied AT guns being actually effective? Such imbalance! Only Axis can have panther penetration level tanks that aren't made of cardboard and tissue paper.

The Panther's turret turns like it's a heavy tank. And the Brit 6 pounder is like the USF AT gun ROF wise but the ZiS gun penetration wise, capturing one in the Alpha was always a huge deal because it gave you a big leg up.

Again, the weakness of brits is to massed cheap armor they can't cost effectively trade with like StuG III's. Attempting to use heavies against them is a poor idea, especially Panthers as Brit tanks tend to have a lot of HP and the Panther has very poor DPS.
25 Aug 2015, 15:06 PM
Donator 11

Compared to the Pak 43, 17pdr costs fuel 75(!) for a immobile emplacement and 400 MP. Another thing is that is has pay through Sabot Rounds to shot through shot blockers unlike the Pak 43. Pak 43 also has super turbo stun everything round. At least it does have flares to reveal the area. I remember so many OST and OKW players raging that my 17 pdr emplacement was penetrating and destroying their Tigers and Panthers. I guess only Axis can have the best anti-tank weapons :foreveralone:

I think USF players will be crying over Firefly more than the 17pdr emplacement considering it does 240 damage, more armor (for what its worth with Allies), as mobile, increased damage at Vet 3, and HP compared to the Jackson. Same range too for only 30 more fuel. Has a 9 second reload it seems however. So it looks like Jackson will be better against medium tanks than heavy tanks but can still use HVAP rounds for increased damage and penetration.

yeah sure it is counterable nothing to argue about it... but keep in mind it is undoctrinal (compared to the Pak43) and will hardcounter every german tank on the field (imo allies have enough letal counters against Heavy Tanks (vet tds (Sus), Jackson, Firefly, ISU, vet AT Guns).
A 17.pounder + mark target will probably kill a KT in 4-5 shots... :luvDerp:
I think the British Forces/ the 17. pounder will be very strong in team games (probably too strong) but well lets see :)
25 Aug 2015, 16:19 PM

So, Sim city 2.0 or mega blob 2.0 now?
25 Aug 2015, 16:22 PM

Neither because Brits literally cant and especially shouldnt blob and emplacements arent indestructo cheap nuke towers that can be infinitely spammed?
25 Aug 2015, 16:24 PM

Neither.

Its not possible and brits have least effective blobs in game, if you'll blob as brits, you'll be on losing streak quite soon.

Emplacements are more of a fun gimmick then actually useful stuff unless they changed performance of bofors and costs of 17 pounder.
25 Aug 2015, 16:27 PM

Amnesia? Your comment was moderated and deleted.

Last time I checked the Panther was supposed to be a tank destroyer also. And from what I gather a more expensive one.
the panther is a medium tank that has good at capabilities and decent ai aswell, I don't see an issue with dealing with brits tanks, because 1 they haven't even been released yet and to Germans already have the best tanks in the game so an allied faction with decent armor isn't going to break the game. Espically when the germans have the best anti armor in the game, and the jagtiger and elephant which counters every allied tank in the game.
25 Aug 2015, 16:31 PM

Brits can't blob and will be focused more on using cover to get the full benefit of their infantry with the rate of fire increase passive.
25 Aug 2015, 16:37 PM

The Panther's turret turns like it's a heavy tank.

This is gold.

Panther's turret is almost twice faster than Tiger's or IS's and over 2 times fater than KT's, while it's almost same for Jackson, Pz4 and other mediums.

And it's faster than Wolverine's turret.

At vet 3 only T34/85, Sherman and Pz4 have noticeable faster turret.

Really gold.
25 Aug 2015, 16:39 PM

Well... They or their allies could always bombard a location with Air Superiority or Artillery to make a ton of light cover to move through and blob that way. Light Cover becomes quite common as a game progresses.
25 Aug 2015, 17:01 PM

This is gold.

Panther's turret is almost twice faster than Tiger's or IS's and over 2 times fater than KT's, while it's almost same for Jackson, Pz4 and other mediums.

And it's faster than Wolverine's turret.

At vet 3 only T34/85, Sherman and Pz4 have noticeable faster turret.

Really gold.

It's slower than a medium tanks turret speed and slightly faster than the heaviest tanks turret traverse speed. This is probably because it occupies a space in between heavy and medium tank due it's unique nature of high cost and armor.

It gets 40% turret rotation at vet 2 to compensate for that, compared to the 35% most tanks get. The IS2 also get's 50% more turret rotation at vet 2 giving it almost exactly the same traverse speed as the Panther.

I don't know why your knit picking this, because the reason why the Fire Fly beats a Panther 1 for 1 is they cost the same and the Fire Fly is a dedicated TD while the Panther is a tank hunter.
25 Aug 2015, 17:43 PM

It's slower than a medium tanks turret speed and slightly faster than the heaviest tanks turret traverse speed. This is probably because it occupies a space in between heavy and medium tank due it's unique nature of high cost and armor.

It gets 40% turret rotation at vet 2 to compensate for that, compared to the 35% most tanks get. The IS2 also get's 50% more turret rotation at vet 2 giving it almost exactly the same traverse speed as the Panther.

I don't know why your knit picking this, because the reason why the Fire Fly beats a Panther 1 for 1 is they cost the same and the Fire Fly is a dedicated TD while the Panther is a tank hunter.

Are you mad?

Mediums traverse is 35.
Panther's is 33.
Heavies is 19.

So how Panther is "slightly" faster than heavies and slower than mediums?

Vet 2 IS2 has almost same traverse like Panther?

Explain me, how 28 of IS is almost the same as 46 of Panther. I'm listening.

Without vet it's faster almost twice than all heavies (19 vs 33).
It's faster than Wolverine's.
It's slower than medium only by 2 but with vet it has almost the fastest traverse in game.

So, explain me, how Panther's turret is slow cause I cannot see this.

Panther can circle FF without any problems. FF turret is worse than Tiger's I belive or similar at most.

25 Aug 2015, 17:45 PM

25 Aug 2015, 18:08 PM

Are you mad?

Mediums traverse is 35.
Panther's is 33.
Heavies is 19.

Were did you find those stats?

Vet 2 IS2 has almost same traverse like Panther? I can't extract because I don't have the tools on this computer.

Explain me, how 28 of IS is almost the same as 46 of Panther. I'm listening.

28 is pretty close to 33, I never specified if the Panther was vetted or not.

Without vet it's faster almost twice than all heavies (19 vs 33).
It's faster than Wolverine's.
It's slower than medium only by 2 but with vet it has almost the fastest traverse in game.

So, explain me, how Panther's turret is slow cause I cannot see this.

Panther can circle FF without any problems. FF turret is worse than Tiger's I belive or similar at most.

I remember for a fact the FF cannot be circle strafed, especially if you are reversing away from the enemy tank. Also Panthers don't exactly have wonderful turn speed so it's not like you will be pulling ultra tight turns around it.

Again, the FF win's in a 1 on 1 because they cost the same and the FF is a dedicated AT vehicle. The Panther is not, although it's usefulness against enemy infantry is limited.

This is pretty off topic, imo.

25 Aug 2015, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

WTF is this argument? You can't just claim one unit is vetted and another isn't to prove your point. Does that mean that since a vet 2 Ostheer P4 has the same armor as a stock OKW P4, the Ostheer P4 has the same armor stats?

If you are proven wrong, just admit it FFS.

I remember for a fact the FF cannot be circle strafed, especially if you are reversing away from the enemy tank. Also Panthers don't exactly have wonderful turn speed so it's not like you will be pulling ultra tight turns around it.

Again, the FF win's in a 1 on 1 because they cost the same and the FF is a dedicated AT vehicle. The Panther is not, although it's usefulness against enemy infantry is limited.

This is a straight up lie. The firefly had a similar turret rotation to a Tiger vet 0. If you are complaining about the Panther's turn rate, you have either never fought nor used one, when comparing it to other heavys and mediums.

And the Firefly is about 30 fuel cheaper than the Panther, has the HP and armor of a Sherman, 240 damage with long reload (lowest TD DPS) and 60 range. If you can kill a Sherman with a Panther, you should never struggle versus a Firefly.

Like seriously, don't spread bullshit on these forums please.
25 Aug 2015, 18:47 PM

Just wondering: What's the fundamental difference between a Firefly and a Comet? Judging from what I've seen, they seem to be pretty much the same kind of unit, namely a turreted TD...
25 Aug 2015, 18:53 PM

Were did you find those stats?

This is pretty off topic, imo.

Comparing vetted IS2 to unvetted Panther :luvDerp:

Just admit that Panther's turret is truly fast and that's it.

Still no idea how did you figure out that Panther's turret turns like a heavy turret :luvDerp:

Just wondering: What's the fundamental difference between a Firefly and a Comet? Judging from what I've seen, they seem to be pretty much the same kind of unit, namely a turreted TD...

FF is AT dedicated.
Comet is all-rounder. Good vs infantry and vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★