Login

russian armor

First Review British Forces

24 Aug 2015, 22:24 PM

Panther is fine due to superior armor & HP not to mention blitz meaning it will beat Firefly in a straight up fight due to the slow turret traverse of Firefly and weaker defenses. Of course direct comparison is never good within two completely different factions. This might seem odd but Firefly is weak to medium tanks due to the slow rate of fire.
24 Aug 2015, 22:40 PM

And the german fan boiis cry before the faction is releases :snfBarton:
24 Aug 2015, 22:53 PM
Donator 11

"The Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank spews liquid fire at surprising range"

Yeah no shit...

Yeah like the WASP upgrade burning at HMG range over obstacles. gonna be hell of a fun to burn axis stuff all over the map with a T0 unit.
24 Aug 2015, 23:03 PM

60 range and 240 damage on a turreted tank destroyer. Now even with more durability. Why would I even remotely consider building a Panther?

Stugs or Jagdpanzer IV beat armor more effectively anyways... Makes perfect sense as well, realistically...

A panther can still work if you bring any form of support.
24 Aug 2015, 23:03 PM

And the german fan boiis cry before the faction is releases :snfBarton:
Its the red bear again. Funny how you like to call others fanboys.

I remember you insulting people as "pest" because it was said that Panzer IV > T-34. :clap:
24 Aug 2015, 23:08 PM

Yeah like the WASP upgrade burning at HMG range over obstacles. gonna be hell of a fun to burn axis stuff all over the map with a T0 unit.

Lets ignore the fact that the upgrade requires T2 unlocked and lets ignore another fact that both axis factions can have AT capable lights about 60 seconds after wasp upgrade.

So much room to do damage.
24 Aug 2015, 23:20 PM

1 on 1 a Firefly beats a Panther due to it getting the first shot thanks to the longer range, at mid to close range it will almost never fail to pen a Panther either so it doesn't really need to worry about that.

As someone said earlier, the way to beat Brits is spamming mediums, not heavy tanks.
24 Aug 2015, 23:24 PM

Why you failed me edit button?
24 Aug 2015, 23:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Lel all german heavies will officially be kill. As Pen on cheap tanks will just keep rising. I am glad I like the new stug spam command tank meta. Cuz I'd hate to bother trying to use a tiger or tech to panther.
24 Aug 2015, 23:27 PM

Its the red bear again. Funny how you like to call others fanboys.

I remember you insulting people as "pest" because it was said that Panzer IV > T-34. :clap:

I never said that, quote my comment of me saying that and I'll be more than happy to retract my comment
let alone crying about how a tank destroyers destroying tanks
24 Aug 2015, 23:33 PM

Yeah I almost spat my coffee out when I first saw the range of the WASP upgrade haha.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2015, 23:08 PMKatitof

Lets ignore the fact that the upgrade requires T2 unlocked and lets ignore another fact that both axis factions can have AT capable lights about 60 seconds after wasp upgrade.

So much room to do damage.

And let's also forget that the Brits have access to PIATs for 40 muni as well.
24 Aug 2015, 23:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Just how people will claim germans OP, same said people will deny any claim that any brit unit is OP. Hypocrites yeeee.

Basically the best stat in the game is range. If a unit has more range than the units it fights its a huge leg up. Synergy between units that have range advantage become incredible, regardless of cost or even mediocre stats like health and pen. If you can shoot at the enemy without getting shot back you have the advantage. Because ranged units are much easier to screen, and much easier to avoid incoming attacks as they force the enemy to move in.

Thats why its a rather shit idea to bother making medium tanks or heavy tanks when you can just build TDs and support them with infantry.
24 Aug 2015, 23:44 PM

Yeah I almost spat my coffee out when I first saw the range of the WASP upgrade haha.

Yeah my fear isn't that the flames will be OP too early, but how good they will be late game.
Nothing like losing all your expensive, took all game to get to, Vet 5 infantry wiped by super range flamer and stealthy commandos.

Panther is fine due to superior armor & HP not to mention blitz meaning it will beat Firefly in a straight up fight due to the slow turret traverse of Firefly and weaker defenses. Of course direct comparison is never good within two completely different factions. This might seem odd but Firefly is weak to medium tanks due to the slow rate of fire.

Ah, this sounds like a good reason why they gave OKW a medium tank, waiting for KT only to have its engine sniped by .55cal Sniper and then Sherman Firefly murder it, sounded like not fun times.

I am not going to complain too loudly until I actually get to try the faction, but the flames are the only thing that really have me worried, just because of that range.
24 Aug 2015, 23:49 PM

Jason Lee had said that upon United Kingdom Forces release, a public alpha for future patch changes will be released like before to correct old stuff further snd provide any additional changes to UKF.

Any seemingly OP stuff wont last long...
25 Aug 2015, 00:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2015, 20:40 PMKatitof

Lets ignore the fact that croc is 12cp, pure AI tank(it have a pea shooter to scare off that assaulting 222s!) and wasp requires tech, which means it will have short window of opportunity because of lights.

you would complain about croc if it was axis, guaranteed
25 Aug 2015, 01:08 AM

so good

25 Aug 2015, 06:30 AM
Donator 22

As someone said earlier, the way to beat Brits is spamming mediums, not heavy tanks.

I tell you stugs will shine again =)at least on some maps. 2-3 stugs with TWP or combined with a P4 :hansSTUG:
T3 spam into tiger ace :luvDerp:
25 Aug 2015, 07:16 AM

you would complain about croc if it was axis, guaranteed

I'm quite sure I would have vehicle based AT by 12 cp.
I was fighting against croc as OKW(brits never lasted beyond 10 cp when I played ost) during alpha, it wasn't really anything special when faced with pair of puppchens and JP4, I lost just i pup.

You are making an assumption that piats don't have tech delaying side cost and are actually useful against anything smaller then King Tiger.

That is wrong times two.

Piats have problems hitting STATIONARY vehicles if they aren't size of a barn.

1 on 1 a Firefly beats a Panther due to it getting the first shot thanks to the longer range, at mid to close range it will almost never fail to pen a Panther either so it doesn't really need to worry about that.

Firefly does not have 60 sight range, panther can just rush it as its much faster and circle strafe it as it turns its turret like it was a heavy.

Also, one of most effective allied AT guns being actually effective? Such imbalance! Only Axis can have panther penetration level tanks that aren't made of cardboard and tissue paper.
25 Aug 2015, 07:29 AM

Playing Brit will be hard, oh yes... since you'll need people to play Axis!
25 Aug 2015, 08:19 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 07:29 AMEsxile
Playing Brit will be hard, oh yes... since you'll need people to play Axis!

This is the main thing I'm excited about. I was mainly Wehr in coh1, but now been playing coh2 since alpha and have probs played 10 games as axis. Just can't be bothered with the queue times, and once you get used to a faction its hard to break from it.

Really enjoyed playing Ost in the Brit alpha, looking forward to playing it again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 4
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %