Login

russian armor

RE Increased Vision?

23 Aug 2015, 02:11 AM

Should RE vision be increased to the same as Pioneers? (35, Pathfinders have sight at 42) Help with USF be better prepared for attacking enemy positions. Simple buff and save munitions as you could see enemy HMGs and prepare the attack accordingly. Will also give RE more utility and improve combined arms approach similar to the reason of Pioneers getting increased to vision to synergize with MG42s more. Lastly it would it help with that pesky bugger (AKA The Kubel) as you can spot it the same time it spots you letting you retreat or reposition.

23 Aug 2015, 02:25 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Should RE vision be increased to the same as Pioneers? (35, Pathfinders have sight at 42) Help with USF be better prepared for attacking enemy positions. Simple buff and save munitions as you could see enemy HMGs and prepare the attack accordingly. Will also give RE more utility and improve combined arms approach similar to the reason of Pioneers getting increased to vision to synergize with MG42s more. Lastly it would it help with that pesky bugger (AKA The Kubel) as you can spot it the same time it spots you letting you retreat or reposition.

Only thing is that makes other scout units redundant in a way,like I would never get pathfinders or vet my M20/stu if i could just spam RE's to get better sight
23 Aug 2015, 03:11 AM

Its a cool idea but, i dont think it will help the USF much. Not saying this is a bad idea by any account, but USF needs help in other areas.

Making there tanks and Inf scale better, or there unit placement in the tech tree.
23 Aug 2015, 04:26 AM

I wouldn't say it make other scouting units redundant due to other scouting units would have greater sight. You also have to take in account the others greater combat ability and utility. Similar to how Pioneers aren't really spammed to be scouting instead a 222 Scout Car has great vision and even better combat power. This doesn't include OST sniper or such.
23 Aug 2015, 04:54 AM

I agree OP. I've said this before, but relationship between REs and Rifles should be similar to Scout Marines and Tactical Marines in DOW2. (Until weapon racks get included, of course.)
23 Aug 2015, 04:58 AM

I wouldn't say it make other scouting units redundant due to other scouting units would have greater sight. You also have to take in account the others greater combat ability and utility. Similar to how Pioneers aren't really spammed to be scouting instead a 222 Scout Car has great vision and even better combat power. This doesn't include OST sniper or such.

OK you make a good point. +1 to op
23 Aug 2015, 05:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

RE's have decent combat utility though,and arent doctrine restricted/require vetting.

Basically theyd be dirt cheap and easily replaced compared to pathfinders and M20/stuart,equippable with BAR and zook,can lay fighting pits and get inside for even more sight

Who am I kidding,I'd love this :foreveralone:.
23 Aug 2015, 05:53 AM

While we're at it can we make volley fire free, or at least buff it? Somewhere inbetween OP and UP?
23 Aug 2015, 06:06 AM

Permanently Banned
I feel like USF needs different buffs. Like bazooka, and 50 cal performance. As well as commander buffs.
23 Aug 2015, 08:33 AM

Only thing is that makes other scout units redundant in a way,like I would never get pathfinders or vet my M20/stu if i could just spam RE's to get better sight

Not to mention with M1919 spam, people use RE's as frontline units. It's not fair for their frontline unit to also do recon. Nor does it really fit with the "Rear Echelon" idea.

I feel like USF needs different buffs. Like bazooka, and 50 cal performance. As well as commander buffs.

Agreed.
23 Aug 2015, 10:06 AM

Permanently Banned
If you buff them like stated here, the early game needs some slight nerfs. The USF early game is very potent in 1v1, I rather see it towed down a bit early game and upped in the late game.
23 Aug 2015, 13:41 PM

I think extra vision could be a muni costing unit upgrade, i'd like to see a lot more upgrades and unit customization in this game.
23 Aug 2015, 13:58 PM

Would make FP's with RE's in them even more terrifying.
23 Aug 2015, 14:21 PM

RE's have decent combat utility though,and arent doctrine restricted/require vetting.

Basically theyd be dirt cheap and easily replaced compared to pathfinders and M20/stuart,equippable with BAR and zook,can lay fighting pits and get inside for even more sight

Who am I kidding,I'd love this :foreveralone:.

no they dont, unless you invest atleast 120mun into them to eventually see them die like flies.
23 Aug 2015, 15:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

no they dont, unless you invest atleast 120mun into them to eventually see them die like flies.

Having a bazooka is decent combat utility
Firing rifle nades from a fighting pit early game to deny an important point or house is combat utility
Sweeping mines is decent combat utility
I can go on

23 Aug 2015, 16:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Their early game needs some slight nerfs they would, if buffed like stated here. Rather see USF early game towed down and late game upped I would, USF early game very potent 1v1.

What I kinda expected you to say, but I suppose that would be annoying doing that all the time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★